Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 3.10.28 AM.png

Damn good movie. Wow.
Almost paid $20 to watch it.
Going with Se7en instead.
Haven’t watched it once since 1995.

I’m not tech savvy, but I really have to delete HBOMax and download Max!?

They really couldn’t of just changed the logo on the existing app and added Discovery content?

I’m canceling right after Succession just because of this.
Mine automatically updated on my Roku stick

I just had to update the app proactively and it changed from HBO Max to Max.

They really couldn’t of just changed the logo on the existing app and added Discovery content?

For real, I found that mad annoying. Should have just been able to update the original app.

Went to cancel the old one and get the prompt “You sure you wanna delete hbo? All your data will be lost…”
7333E870-5104-416A-8D76-F3D663ADD020.gif

Like why am I having to make these stressful decisions? MAX is already off to a bad start for me. HBO was the best streaming platform by far. This discovery fiasco has been super janky so far. Not sure why execs didn’t think they could continue to dominate the market with the best programming alone. When do gimmicks ever work in the media?

“The pill you took is part of a trace program. It’s designed to disrupt your input/output carrier signal so we can pinpoint your location.”

I was heated too.. Luckily I didn't have to re log in.. It's an absolute pain to type on the remote control..

costello-wringing-his-hands-in-court.jpg

Television’s most exciting programming in March 1951 featured two hairy hands fidgeting as a disembodied voice with a gruff New York accent answered questions—or, more often, dodged them.

That may not sound like appointment TV, but the images and voiceover fascinated more than 20 million American viewers. The hands and voice belonged to Frank Costello, “the Prime Minister of the Underworld.” The mob boss was testifying before the U.S. Senate Special Committee to Investigate Crime in Interstate Commerce, which was airing its latest round of hearings live on the brand-new medium. Though few households owned TVs, people crowded bars and restaurants that did to follow the inquiry. Often more than one station in a market carried committee sessions in their entirety.

Interesting moment in television history...

So I’m watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation in 4K and that movie hits different when you’re older and have a career and deal with family at holiday time. Totally forgot how funny that movie was

Bro I did the same thing the other night watching the first city slickers. I saw it once when I was like 8 or 9 and only like the slapstick comedy stuff. Watching it as a 37 y/o adult hit me RIGHT in the feels.

The whole concept of the film was lost on me as a kid. It’s not about a stuck up, can’t do nothing city boy getting to see the Wild West. It’s about a man suffering through a midlife crisis. Not being thrilled with the life he’s lived. Feeling like he should have done so much more with his life. Missing that “spark”

Bro I did the same thing the other night watching the first city slickers. I saw it once when I was like 8 or 9 and only like the slapstick comedy stuff. Watching it as a 37 y/o adult hit me RIGHT in the feels.

The whole concept of the film was lost on me as a kid. It’s not about a stuck up, can’t do nothing city boy getting to see the Wild West. It’s about a man suffering through a midlife crisis. Not being thrilled with the life he’s lived. Feeling like he should have done so much more with his life. Missing that “spark”

I’m glad you mentioned that movie because even being in our 30s (Soon to be 39 in July) burnout is very real and the desire to want to change the direction of our life is real. At least he didn’t go the drug, alcohol or sex addiction route. He just wanted a simpler life and shouldn’t be faulted for that.

On the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation front Clark was just a good dude that wanted more for his family. We’ve all worked with companies that stiffed us come bonus time and the disgust and angry is real

one of my favorite movies of Billy Crystal. this and City Slickers 2 was a riot. can't believe how old this classic is now and how young Jake Gyllenhaal was.

also, loved this scene in PART 2.

Back
Top Bottom