Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Wire turned 21 three days ago. I missed the proper drop but this account is currently dropping clips with background stories, full bloopers and other Behind the scenes goodies of the goat show

I just haven't been watching movies as often lately. I did, however, manage to sit through all of Pompeii the other night. Holy ****ing **** what a cluster**** of a **** spectacle. 2/8 and only a 2 instead of 0 because I was constantly shocked by the number of recognizable faces that showed up, and Keifer Sutherland doing a British accent was peak comedy.
Gotta watch Pompeii now

Never watched a DCEU movie before but decided to watch Aquaman because I throughly enjoyed Momoa in Fast X and I have never seen any of his movies. The movie is fine but I feel like it would be awesome high. Might have to circle back to it in the near future

EDIT - While we’re here, what are some of your favorite movies to watch high?

have you started Love & Death or are you in the middle after those first 3 dramatic episodes?
Finished. LOOOOOVED it. Started Candy because of it, which isn't near as good 1 episode in. Going into Love & Death, I thought I would be seeing a sneaky, cold-blooded murder. If it really happened the way the show depicted, I'm with Candy.

Never watched a DCEU movie before but decided to watch Aquaman because I throughly enjoyed Momoa in Fast X and I have never seen any of his movies. The movie is fine but I feel like it would be awesome high. Might have to circle back to it in the near future

2001 a space odyssey

Speaking of which, do we consider this movie legendary status? Or is it just above average?

1686020527779.gif

jpzx jpzx I apologize for my procrastination but I didn’t get around to watching The Idol, but I promise you I will check it out ASAP.

When I'm high, I don't really care what is on.

Wine, beer, vodka, tequila, rum, mixed drinks, b**** drinks, stiff drinks...

I won't say you're missing out, but I do enjoy some good wine, beer, whiskey or mixed drinks every now and then. Until you get the taste for alcohol tho, **** sucks :lol:

Stand up’s/ anything funny

The first time I really understood the Matrix I was high lol.

The House That Jack Built was by far my best experience while on edibles. I understood everything, and then reached purgatory with Jack lol.

Other than that, I stick to either super thought provoking movies, or films that are DRIPPING in aesthetically pleasing cinematography.

So Tim Burton, Nolan, Fincher. Anything Roger Deakins. I mostly can’t do horror high, and for some reason I don’t like comedies high.

I won't say you're missing out, but I do enjoy some good wine, beer, whiskey or mixed drinks every now and then. Until you get the taste for alcohol tho, **** sucks :lol:
I agree with you. I guess I would be considered a “social drinker” (whatever that means) but my man ska is inspiring me to forgo the alcohol altogether

Speaking of our Comedy discussion, anyone see this? Pretty good, I think

1686072653163.jpeg

This was the last “golden era” theatrical comedy that came out. Great movie. RIP the comedy genre :smh:

Side note: Me and the boys at Frito had a hoot with this
3A29ABBA-4B57-48F1-AE91-FDC3B4036D93.jpeg

Side side note: Is Jason Bateman the most successful Straight Man in the history of comedy?

I hear tons of actors say things like “oh I went with a Bateman style for this performance. Oh such and such director was looking for a more Bateman straight man.”

Back
Top Bottom