OJ Sentencing on CNN right now

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by GhostWriter

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy in our country, but it just seems that some are just reluctant to see minorities have any sense of power or influence.

They even tried to bring down Michael Jordan. Oh and I almost forgot about Michael Vick, that brother went to jail for dogfighting. But we legally sanction killing of deers, moose and other animals.
I repeat:

#1 athlete - Tiger Woods (in the whitest sport known to man)
#1 TV star - Oprah (most of her audience is white women)
#1 movie star - Will Smith
President - black guy

Black people have hid behind the race card for years as a convenient excuse for not being successful, or blaming other people for their problems. But slowly, over those years of supposed racial oppression, black people became the most visible figures in many areas. But at some point the culture has to recognize the lapses in judgement of the individuals in that culture, rather than stand behind them as if there is some sort of secret war on that culture.

Co-sign X 100!

Some of the stuff I am reading in here is rediculous.
Only thing ridiculous is what you've cosigned. You think because Black people are athletic, can act, etc. and have proven to be able to excel despite circumstances that means the playing field is even? Give me a break. Supposed racial oppresion? You have no clue. And Obama being president is a great sign that America is headed in the right direction, but it is not the end all be all of race issues. Hell where do you think Black people will be if Obama is the worst president in history? Right back on America's %!@# list. There ain't no secret war against Black's mostly because it ain't a secret. MANY people do not want to see blacks, and minorities in general progress.

Have any more excuses?

See you when I have kids OJ oh wait you probably wont be alive by the time I have my first kid
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by GhostWriter

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy in our country, but it just seems that some are just reluctant to see minorities have any sense of power or influence.

They even tried to bring down Michael Jordan. Oh and I almost forgot about Michael Vick, that brother went to jail for dogfighting. But we legally sanction killing of deers, moose and other animals.
I repeat:

President - black guy

Black people have hid behind the race card for years as a convenient excuse for not being successful, or blaming other people for their problems. But slowly, over those years of supposed racial oppression, black people became the most visible figures in many areas. But at some point the culture has to recognize the lapses in judgement of the individuals in that culture, rather than stand behind them as if there is some sort of secret war on that culture.

Co-sign X 100!

Some of the stuff I am reading in here is rediculous.
Only thing ridiculous is what you've cosigned. You think because Black people are athletic, can act, etc. and have proven to be able to excel despite circumstances that means the playing field is even? Give me a break. Supposed racial oppresion? You have no clue. And Obama being president is a great sign that America is headed in the right direction, but it is not the end all be all of race issues. Hell where do you think Black people will be if Obama is the worst president in history? Right back on America's %!@# list. There ain't no secret war against Black's mostly because it ain't a secret. MANY people do not want to see blacks, and minorities in general progress.

Have any more excuses?

Depends, you have any more ignorance?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Then why don't you enlighten us instead of spitting out 6 words?

He had to be convicted to receive that sentence. Those minimums (which are not accurate) do not have to be served consecutively.
Not all of them are being served consecutively, so I fail to see your point.

Yes you do.

Yes he was sentenced to consecutive sentences hence the minimum of 9 years, he won't serve them consecutively though, you are correct. You are aware it was an all white jury.

You can go believing that this is fair, but I assure you it isn't. He will not serve half of the years he was sentenced to.
I was on all white jury last spring that found a black guy innocent on all charges, so once again, I fail to see your point.

I am unable to compare the situations for obvious reasons.

If you are going to say race had nothing to do with the saga that is OJ Simpson (you are in denial)

the guy got away with MURDER 13 years ago dude. and now the world is racist by convicting him? stop being ignorant
laugh.gif
so... it's okay to get back at somebody for a previous crime by giving them an unfair trial in a future crime?

Okay, you make some valid points,but just because a black person says that their are many racist people in this country does not make it a race card issue. The fact that you named athletes is just the perfect example. It's one of the biggest stereotypes. Tiger Woods does not consider himslef to be black andWill Smith and Oprah appeal to white people. Yes,we eed to do better,but you really don' t think that there is any social oppresion? I DO agree that thereare black people who love to makes excuses,but then there are people like you who pull the "lazy black card" as well,but you can not say that aboutall black people. How can you overlook the fact that the Native Americans were even kicked off their land and put onto reservations and til this day they havenothing of what they have had taken away. They were ordered to be shot and pretty much forgotten about. This is a country ran by old white men.Yeah,there's a muilt-cultual president,but how long did that take? I have one word KATRINA,but I guess that was just lazy black people *****ing againthough.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

He had to be convicted to receive that sentence. Those minimums (which are not accurate) do not have to be served consecutively.

Yes you do.

Yes he was sentenced to consecutive sentences hence the minimum of 9 years, he won't serve them consecutively though, you are correct. You are aware it was an all white jury.

You can go believing that this is fair, but I assure you it isn't. He will not serve half of the years he was sentenced to.
I was on all white jury last spring that found a black guy innocent on all charges, so once again, I fail to see your point.

If you are going to say race had nothing to do with the saga that is OJ Simpson (you are in denial)

the guy got away with MURDER 13 years ago dude. and now the world is racist by convicting him? stop being ignorant
laugh.gif
so... it's okay to get back at somebody for a previous crime by giving them an unfair trial in a future crime?

No you are missing my point. this guy is claiming racism is why OJ is going to jail. Yet im sure he wasnt crying about it when an almost all black juryacquitted him for murder. bottom line is racism has nothing to do with this. maybe they are sticking it to him unfairly, but its not because hes black.....

Yes you do.

laugh.gif

No you are missing my point. this guy is claiming racism is why OJ is going to jail. Yet im sure he wasnt crying about it when an almost all black jury acquitted him for murder. bottom line is racism has nothing to do with this. maybe they are sticking it to him unfairly, but its not because hes black.....

Why would I be outraged for a jury finding an innocent man innocent.

Listen here: I don't even know why I am responding, but if you don't think OJ Simpson persona includes the issue of race. two things AGAIN.
1. too young to know.
2. in denial.

How about you guys stop with the black/white talk and argue what's really at hand here: innocence/guilt? Beyond race, a man has committed a crime and isbeing sentenced. Shouldn't we all be acknowledging the justice system instead of hiding behind false pretenses of the case such as...race? Commit thecrime, do the time in my book.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

How about you guys stop with the black/white talk and argue what's really at hand here: innocence/guilt? Beyond race, a man has committed a crime and is being sentenced. Shouldn't we all be acknowledging the justice system instead of hiding behind false pretenses of the case such as...race? Commit the crime, do the time in my book.

What crime did he commit?

Exactly.....He brough people who had weapons, not himself.

He went to rob "his" stuff...interesting.....He turned himself in, when he realized certain stuff stolen wasn't his (only reason he wasconvicted)

But go ahead continue to be the sheep that believe justice was served.

Yes you do.

laugh.gif

No you are missing my point. this guy is claiming racism is why OJ is going to jail. Yet im sure he wasnt crying about it when an almost all black jury acquitted him for murder. bottom line is racism has nothing to do with this. maybe they are sticking it to him unfairly, but its not because hes black.....

Why would I be outraged for a jury finding an innocent man innocent.

Listen here: I don't even know why I am responding, but if you don't think OJ Simpson persona includes the issue of race. two things AGAIN.
1. too young to know.
2. in denial.

you are too blind to discuss anything dude. just like the other thread, cant listen to anything due to your racist bias. im older than you bro. and OJ was aninnocent man??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In Yo Nostril wrote: you are too blind to discuss anything dude. just like the other thread, cant listen to anything due to your racist bias. im older than you bro. and OJ was an innocent man??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Racist towards whom? My black side or white side?
OJ was found innocent, just like he was found guilty here was he not?....So if you are so happy with this outcome, why are you not as happy about the priorone?

Let me guess because they got it wrong last time, but right this time. The legal system got it right when the black guy ends up behind bars
laugh.gif

What other thread are you talking about?

Racially biased?...Not even knowing my race...lol

In Yo Nostril wrote: you are too blind to discuss anything dude. just like the other thread, cant listen to anything due to your racist bias. im older than you bro. and OJ was an innocent man??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OJ was found innocent, just like he was found guilty here was he not?....So if you are so happy with this outcome, why are you not as happy about the prior one?

Let me guess because they got it wrong last time, but right this time. The legal system got it right when the black guy ends up behind bars
laugh.gif

i dont need to know your race to see what side you are biased towards bro.

i dont care about them making up for last time. they did him wrong this time, but i dont feel sorry for the guy. his life doesnt affect me.while the justicesystem took it too far in trying to exact revenge on the guy, he didnt get bent over and reamed this time because he was black, its because hes a murderer. doi agree with it? no, he probably should have gotten probation and maybe a couple months in jail. do i give a *#!% though? nope. im just saying its not cause heis black. its because he is who he is.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

How about you guys stop with the black/white talk and argue what's really at hand here: innocence/guilt? Beyond race, a man has committed a crime and is being sentenced. Shouldn't we all be acknowledging the justice system instead of hiding behind false pretenses of the case such as...race? Commit the crime, do the time in my book.

What crime did he commit?

Exactly.....He brough people who had weapons, not himself.

He went to rob "his" stuff...interesting.....He turned himself in, when he realized certain stuff stolen wasn't his (only reason he was convicted)

But go ahead continue to be the sheep that believe justice was served.

Interact: Ignore User

So essentially you're saying the highlighted text is acceptable behavior? How can you sleep at night and defend this guy?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OJ was found innocent, just like he was found guilty here was he not?....So if you are so happy with this outcome, why are you not as happy about the prior one?

laugh.gif

i dont care about them making up for last time. they did him wrong this time, but i dont feel sorry for the guy. his life doesnt affect me.while the justice system took it too far in trying to exact revenge on the guy, he didnt get bent over and reamed this time because he was black, its because hes a murderer. do i agree with it? no, he probably should have gotten probation and maybe a couple months in jail. do i give a *#!% though? nope. im just saying its not cause he is black. its because he is who he is.

It doesn't affect you why would you care?...There lies the issue, too many people don't care.

So now you state that he shouldn't have received the punishment he did, but who cares he is OJ?
Not because he is black, but because he is who he is?
indifferent.gif

He is a black male, now just another statistic.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i dont care about them making up for last time. they did him wrong this time, but i dont feel sorry for the guy. his life doesnt affect me.while the justice system took it too far in trying to exact revenge on the guy, he didnt get bent over and reamed this time because he was black, its because hes a murderer. do i agree with it? no, he probably should have gotten probation and maybe a couple months in jail. do i give a *#!% though? nope. im just saying its not cause he is black. its because he is who he is.

It doesn't affect you why would you care?...There lies the issue, too many people don't care.

So now you state that he shouldn't have received the punishment he did, but who cares he is OJ?
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you dont get it. cry racism all you want dude. hes not sitting in jail because hes black. hes nothing but a criminal who just happens to be black. if thesystem is so racist, how did he get off in the murder trial? surely the racist judicial system should have kept him down when they had the chance.

%@*% it lets free him, we dont want any more statistics. not like hes ever done anything wrong or been convicted of anything right??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

kix4kix wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you dont get it. cry racism all you want dude. hes not sitting in jail because hes black. hes nothing but a criminal who just happens to be black. if the system is so racist, how did he get off in the murder trial? surely the racist judicial system should have kept him down when they had the chance.

%@*% it lets free him, we dont want any more statistics. not like hes ever done anything wrong or been convicted of anything right??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everytime someone brings up race as a factor one is labeled with playing the "race card"...as if once drawn all logic is tossed out of the window.
Not once did I state he was innocent, again, you agree with me, he shouldn't have received the sentence he got (your words not mine)....Your logic, is that justice is served because he is a murderer.
laugh.gif
...he was found innocent, therefore he is INNOCENT in that trial, I don't even know why you continue to bring it up. So because of a past crime he was found innocent on, he should do time now?....
laugh.gif

you dont even read my posts before you argue do you bro??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i already said its not right, but its within the law and its not because he is black. its because the judge wants to stick it to him for murdering 2 people.and if he can do that within the law, theres nothing to complain about sadly. its all legal, and not racist.

GhostWriter brings up some valid points.

Personally, I feel like black figures in our society are easily demonized for things their non-black peers, would be forgiven off. "InstitutionalizedRacism"--read all about it.

Now granted Michael Vick is a complete moron for we he did, the underlying punishments he received in conjunction with his overt punishments are not deservingof his "crime". Yes dog fighting is a cruel form of entertainment--but is it really a "crime" whose punishment equates to a man losing, orrather--being stripped, of all his worldly possessions; possessions he built and accumulated from the sweat of his hard work...really...

Now granted, Vick's punishment would be warranted if he lived in a society where, all kinds of animal mistreatment were deemed "evil", but welive in freaking America. Somewhere out there, there is a man shooting a defenseless elk, moose, reindeer, deer--you get the point--for fun. He is not huntingbecause his village/city/town and family desperately need the meat, he is hunting because the head of the defenseless animal is a trophy to him. We cansanction this kind of animal mistreatment as "sport" and give the guy a pass, but a Mike Vick type individual does the same and he is ostracized bysociety--COMON. Some of y'all might be disillusioned, but I'm not. I could see the slithery, slimy, tentacles of racism dragging Vick down into thedepths the minute his situation became news--word to the Krakken...

Now as for dmbrhs, I can't help but disagree with you:
I repeat:

President - black guy

Before I begin, let me point out that you used an athlete, two entertainers, and one guy who isn't even president yetas evidence of the lack a lack of racism or as reason to believe that black people are "making it"...

Now, know that ignorant black people use the race card as an excuse for their problems. Generalizing an entire community(Black people) like, what you did there, speaks ill of your intellect and "open-mindedness". But even with that said, there are valid reasons whysome black people use the "race-card" to this day-- and that is simply because racism still exist.

I don't know if you're of a minority race or not, but being a minority in a majority "world" does affectyour psyche. I can say that because i am indeed a minority in a majority "world". I'm a student in a dominantly white school. Furthermore I am astudent in a STEM major--areas of education normally lacking in minorities. I am often the only black undergrad in my upper-level science classes. For example,in one such class this semester, I am the only black undergrad in a class of 45-50 students. Now you may be asking yourself what's so racist about that.And the answer is--nothing. However, i can't begin to tell you how often I feel "different" in such circumstances. That is not racism in anovert, in your face way, but it is the lagging aftertaste of "institutionalized racism".

My school is making great efforts to increase is minority standing--but that effort is a sign of a shady past. The pointis the some people use the race card as their excuse for no damned reason; others use it because they've faced racism. I've never used the race cardbut I'm cognizant of past racism. I may not be at the epicenter of racism but believe me when I say that I see and feel the aftershocks/ripples.

Honor me by telling me the names of these "visible" black people in these mysterious areas you're talkingabout. I hoping that you didn't use Tiger, Oprah, Will, and Obama as evidence to support your idea that there is "nothing keeping black people fromachieving".

Just because Tiger is the #1 golfer doesn't mean that the door is open for blacks. Sure Tiger is #1, but now nameall the other top golfers in the world, and tell me how many of them are "black". But even with that, consider this, Tiger is the face of 1 sport.What about every other sport. But even so, consider one more thing, in the grand scheme of things, how important is an "athlete" or athletics ingeneral.

Sure Tiger, Lebron, and Jordan were/are good at what they did/do, but guess what, when your children open up theirAMERICAN HISTORY textbook 50 years from now, do you think there will be a chapter chronicling their accomplishments... I think not.

You also used Will and Oprah--both members of the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. Like are you really serious. How significantis the entertainment industry to the foundation of this country. Honestly, the fact that you can only name successful black people, in the entertainmentindustry, is proof enough that there is something wrong in this country. It's great knowing that a soon-to-be-insignificant crew of entertainers, athletes,and one guy who isn't even president yet--are carrying the torch of my people; a people who helped build this country and have never been recognized forit. Once again, I doubt American history textbooks will talk much about Will and Oprah.

Now Obama is a special case because he truly does embody progress. I am proud and happy that our next president isBlack. But just as well, consider this--how many previous presidents have we had. Better yet how long has this country been in existence? So for as long asthis country has been in existence, and with as many presidents as we've had, why has it taken America so long to elect a black man into the White House?And here's the punch line of this whole black president thing. Even I, a black man, know that the only reason why Obama won was because the guy before himwas a complete imbecile who unfortunately dragged his party down with him. Do you honestly believe that Bush been an excellent, heck average president, Obamawould be president elect--no buddy. So yeah, Obama maybe might help your argument but even still, he is not that great of an example.

Point is, it is sad knowing that your rebuttal to racism is the fact that a have a few good black athletes,entertainers, and 1 guy who isn't even president yet. In my opinion, this is the manifestation of racism, whether it be institutionalized or culturallybased. My children will be American but their country will see them always as second-class citizens.

Well this "secret war" would be an independent war if it were fought that way-but it is not. Here's whatreally happens.

One black individual does something bad, and the entire culture gets labeled as being bad. Let me give you an example:"Black people have hid behind the race card for years as a convenient excuse for not being successful, or blaming other people for their problems".You know why that sounds familiar-you said it. A few black people use the race card and you in turn, but not according to you. With you "blackpeople", which references every black person, uses the race card. It is that categorization of the culture that results in us sticking together, whetherwe want to or not.

Good or bad, we will be judged as a group. So when one black person is captured on the show "COPS" for sellingcrack, the belief will be that all black people sell crack. When one black guy is seen wearing a Viking hat and a wall clock, prancing about ignorantly andwomanizing on national television, the consensus is that all blacks are like that. So it's not so much that we don't recognize the lapses in judgmentof these individuals, but more so the fact that "y'all" would rather label the entire group based on these "pocket" lapses.

Point is, it is sad knowing that your rebuttal to racism is the fact that a have a few good black athletes,entertainers, and 1 guy who isn't even president yet. In my opinion, this is the manifestation of racism, whether it be institutionalized or culturallybased. My children will be American but their country will see them always as second-class citizens.

I repeat:

President - black guy

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom