Ok lets grow up and stop hating on fusions already

mark madsen

Banned
199
10
Joined Jul 30, 2009
It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
 

mark madsen

Banned
199
10
Joined Jul 30, 2009
Originally Posted by jaywalker318

a couple of the colors were cool but i didnt really like them.... too each its own tho
Thats what im saying, they get all this hate on here but some of them looked cool to me. The idea is a good idea and they executed it right on some pairs but could have did better on others.

The half cent was a hybrid shoe that gets mad love, i think some fusion colorways that were done right should get that same love.
 
603
10
Joined Jun 6, 2009
they sell out in most stores? LMAO

Thats news to me man. what stores are you going in?

Only DECENT fusions are iii's, iv's and ix.
 
95
10
Joined Nov 18, 2008
it's mostly OG heads that hate on it, me? i been collecting since '03, and I do not like fusions myself..but the younger kids didnt grow up in the jordan era to appeciate the shoes like we do, they're more about the whole fashion/hipster look...you think they actually care about jordans legcay? no, they're just looking for a outfit.
 
95
10
Joined Nov 18, 2008
it's mostly OG heads that hate on it, me? i been collecting since '03, and I do not like fusions myself..but the younger kids didnt grow up in the jordan era to appeciate the shoes like we do, they're more about the whole fashion/hipster look...you think they actually care about jordans legcay? no, they're just looking for a outfit.
 
5,107
374
Joined Dec 3, 2007
someone got some spare pairs they need to re-sell?


but seriously, why do you care that these are hated on here? it just means you can get what you like at better prices in the long run. I HOPE people hate all the shoes i love, so i can save some cash and get more of them.

too bad i have good taste
 
1,777
11
Joined Sep 14, 2009
You didn't have to make an unnecessary thread. Go cop those horrible fusion VIII's if you want.




The only fusions that were worth getting were the XII. The rest are trash, IMO.
 
319
11
Joined Sep 1, 2009
I have never hated on fusions. Their just not for me. I'm 27 years old. I'd look like a damn fool in a pair of fusions or Yeezy's. I'd look like I'm trying to be apart of a generation that I'm not from.





This is just how I think. I'm not trying diss any grown men that wear these sneakers. It's just not my style. I feel waaaay too old for this kind of thing. But on the other hand if I were 15 years old, I'd prefer fusions over retro Air Jordans. Because if I were 15, I'd feel like a dumb @ss wearing sneakers that were older than I am, and that I know very little about.
 

mark madsen

Banned
199
10
Joined Jul 30, 2009
Originally Posted by bAMAZING

You didn't have to make an unnecessary thread. Go cop those horrible fusion VIII's if you want.




The only fusions that were worth getting were the XII. The rest are trash, IMO.
if its unnecessary then take your dusty self out of the thread rather then bumping it to the top little boy.
 
369
329
Joined Mar 6, 2003
its not the concept of the shoe I think that bothers older people like myself, its more of the fact that they could easily retroed the shoes the fusions are based from.

but they are meant for teenagers plain and simple that was the demographic they were aiming for and needless to say its working.
 
649
10
Joined Oct 10, 2007
i copped the playoff 12 fusions and the grey/iceberg 12's , the orange peel 5's ( no idea why now), and both the low 6's but other then that i dont like any others.

Why buy a pair of aqua fusions when i have aquas? same with red/white 8's
 
1,074
305
Joined Jan 16, 2010
Fusions are the worst thing since the Fohawk man.
I realize that you can't always create greatness; but really?
Nike is cashing in on one of their "trashed" ideas.
Its a travesty!
This stuff needs to be boycotted
I dislike this fusion stuff so much; spizikes, 60+ and 6 rings included
 
2,058
11
Joined Jul 9, 2009
Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I have never hated on fusions. Their just not for me. I'm 27 years old. I'd look like a damn fool in a pair of fusions or Yeezy's. I'd look like I'm trying to be apart of a generation that I'm not from.

This is just how I think. I'm not trying diss any grown men that wear these sneakers. It's just not my style. I feel waaaay too old for this kind of thing. But on the other hand if I were 15 years old, I'd prefer fusions over retro Air Jordans. Because if I were 15, I'd feel like a dumb @ss wearing sneakers that were older than I am, and that I know very little about.
I am 28 years old and I have 3 pairs of AJF in my collection. I could care less what's "in" or whats "out". I buy what I like. The pretentiousness of some of you is laughable.

It's like some of you say...... Oh noez......... Jordan has released a shoe that resembles my beloved numbered Jordan. A month later that Fusion shoe is forgotten and life goes on. Just my 2 cents.

Those 13 fusions and 8 fusions are ugly as sin though.
 
2,617
10
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Why are you so worried about what OTHER PEOPLE think? It's called an opinion, if you like them, wear them.
 
893
10
Joined Jun 17, 2008
Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
first of all we use to love TEAM JORDANS fusions are a totally diff style shoe how many people have you seen lace up a pair of fusions for a basketball game back in the day most of the team jordans were SUPER comfy like the OG jumpman pros
secondly where do fusions sell out ? EVERY model fusion around my way has been under $100 marked down including the white CW of the 8's already and where is the mix of old school and new school when the air force 1 came out in the 80's and all the jordan sig models used on the fusions so far have been from the 80's and 90's theres nothing new school about it other than the fact that JB is catering to the NEW generation of kids who actually buy these dust collectors

  
 
3,476
11
Joined Jul 21, 2006
Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
First off, The team Jordans that came out then had their own personality. They were not a frankenstein of all different Jordans put together. It's one thing to come up with a whole new original shoe design and people not like them, but to give a half assed effort to combine the AF1 with a classic Jordan? No Thank You. I will agree that there are some decent looking ones. (The only one I liked was the White Cement III. ONLY because it looks close to the OG III.) But I don't think you saying let's stop the hate will stop it. I'm sorry man, but the vast majority of the Fusions are
. Why bother spending $150 on a cheap one off of a Retro when you can add some a little more money and buy the Retro? It's like saying the Hyundai Genesis looks like an S Class Mercedes so I will buy the Hyundai to save some money. No Thanks.

It all boils down to this man. I grew up watching Michael Jordan play in the Air Jordans. From dropping 63 on the Celtics in the playoffs to the Last Shot in the Finals, each event was in a signature Air Jordan. The Air Jordan line means more to me than any other shoe out there only because I was fortunate enough to see MJ play in them. When I see a shoe, it brings me back to the year they originally released and also other memories of that time period. I could care less about something that tarnishes such a great and memorable experience for myself. It actually offends me that they would butcher the original releases. If they just release quality retros in OG colorways, they will sell. No need to expand to garbage like the Fusions.

I'm glad there's people like you that like these so you buy and JB can stay in business and keep churning out Retros for me. And BTW, they don't sell out in the stores. Have you visited a Nike Outlet lately? It's tough to find a retro on the shelves, but you can find multiple pairs of the Fusions sitting on the shelves. The fusions get shipped back to Nike and they ship them out to the outlets. Good luck finding a hot retro at an outlet.
 
2,153
385
Joined Jul 8, 2003
fusions are trash... they take the unique styles of the jordans then butcher them with the mix of the forces
 
1,596
11
Joined Jan 5, 2009
Hum... well if you advocate the bastardization of iconic shoes... by all means, support the shoe blending union.


It ain't my cup of milk, but i'm not going to chastize another cat for donning an amalgamation of retro shoes.


But...


Comparing team jordans from the late 90's to current fusions? That's preposterious chatter, kinfoke.

I'll admit, as a older twenty something, i can't relate to the fusion/air force sig line, but there are a couple decent models.

Hey, if there's a market for them... let 'em be.
 

mark madsen

Banned
199
10
Joined Jul 30, 2009
i appreciate the serious responses but some of yall hating on the kid cuz he rocks fusions better not be rockin no half cents in yo collections cuz if you are your hypocrites.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now