Ok lets grow up and stop hating on fusions already

Half Cents are wack too. Why pay that much if you can cop the Foams? Coppers and Eggplants were widely available, and the Royals retro-ing later this year. I like the idea behind the Half Cent though. Nike just needs to stop the Half Cent line with these and not let them out of control....

why are you worried about what other people think? Its their opinion why don't you grow up and accept that some people don't like them, simple as that

whoa half cents are way better than fusions this is how i feel about every fusion

They are garbage. no they don't sell out of most stores atleast not in my area. In my opinion they kill the original models. They are just an attempt by nike to make more money on shoes that may sell to another target market. Some things just shouldn't be combined, like for me it's not just fusion afj i don't like, im also not a fan of spizikes, dub zeros, or like 2.5s etc. but thats not to say i hate team jordans cause i love jumpman pros for example. anyway i think i've digressed enough lol

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

they sell out in most stores? LMAO

Thats news to me man. what stores are you going in?

Only DECENT fusions are iii's, iv's and ix none.

Fixed.

Lets not compare Fusions to Team Jordans.  Back when the Jumpman Pros hit the scene they were made with the same quality as the signature Jays.  People accepted them mainly because there weren't many retros back then.  That was the only alternative to what ever sig came out that year and they weren't bad looking either.  Also, Fusions are Air Force Ones combined with Signature Jordans... and we can get a pair of 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, or 11's that say "Nike" anywhere on it??? Getdafuggouttaherewiththatbullsh*tson!

Comparing Team Jordans to Fusions really?  Wow. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I stopped taking you serious after that. 

I could care less if people wear Fusions, but don't compare them to Team Jordans of the late 90's, it's not and will never be the same. 

Key Word "Fusion".

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

i appreciate the serious responses but some of yall hating on the kid cuz he rocks fusions better not be rockin no half cents in yo collections cuz if you are your hypocrites.

So people have to like Jordan fusions in order to like 1/2 cents? Just stop already, not everyone has to like every shoe. I like half cents, but I don't really care for any Jordan fusions, or the Pippen or Agassi fusions. The 1/2 looks nice, the others don't imo. Wear your fusions and have a fun time doing it, stop worrying about what anyone else likes.

Yes, they can be compared to Half Cents, Dub Zeros, Spizikes, whatever; they're all "fusions."

But, if anyone here's complaining about them ruining classic designs by mixing and matching, they'd best not be buying any of the above.  That's just hypocrisy. 
smh.gif

For what it's worth though... Fusions are ugly.  Half Cents/Dub Zeros/Spizikes are not.  The concept isn't to blame.

That said, it's all straight opinion in the end.

The only reason why the 1/2 cent are more acceptable is because they were mixed together very well opposed to most JB fusions (thats my opinion and alot of others but i digress) and Penny wasnt nearly as big as a legend as Jordan, along with his shoes. So alot more people are goings to be alot more sensitive when you alter classic shoes like some retros before fusions. Then JB has the nerve to mix numbered jordans with forces, which basically takes away everything that makes a Jordan shoe a Jordan shoe. On top of that, they arent really made to ball in like the original purpose of numbered Jordan shoes. Plus, they are an obvious ploy to make more money for themselves by minimizing creativity and imagination (which takes time and money), not putting any real tech in them because they arent used for balling, taking advantage of the fact that the youth will buy things thats trendy or because it says Jordan on it without them really know much about Jordans in the first place, and then have to nerve to jack up the price higher than retros. Now if you cant understand why people hate fusions from those terms, i see that as a problem.

Oh yea........ you really havent explained what Team Jordan shoes had to do with anything in these thread. Why did you bring them up??

I hate fusion and will never own a pair. Fusion are a disgrace to Air Jordan's. But this is my opinion, If people like fusions and want to buy them then good for them. I don't care what other people want to wear.  I don't need to grow up because I think fusions are ugly  If you like them then you buy them Ill stick to I-XX3.

The Team Jordan/Fusion comparison is misplaced and irrelevant. 

That being said, I don't hate on Fusions.  Personally, I've never really seen a model I would consider coppin'.  I've always viewed them as kicks that the general public is into and an attempt to mimic an iconic design and/or satisfy urges for the original designs.  My .02 would have to be that most people are attracted to fusions for the same reasons that many of us who could be considered "purists" in one way or another were and are drawn to the original designs (i.e. Retros).  Many people out there buying Jordans really don't know the difference and probably don't care for that matter.  They like what they like.  What do I care what they do with their money?  I also don't care how many shoes JB makes that I don't dig.  Just keep droppin' heat and I'm good. 

When I see a fusion that looks halfway fresh, it's usually a clever deceptive design that draws attention from the fusion aspect and centers on over-accentuating the "core classic design" (e.g. AJF5 and AJF3).  And when that happens to me, I catch myself and say "Why would I just not cop the original, which is what I was sweatin' as a kid to begin with and still truly want?"  And that's not hate.  That's really love for my grails.

Key word: Ersatz.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
First off, The team Jordans that came out then had their own personality. They were not a frankenstein of all different Jordans put together. It's one thing to come up with a whole new original shoe design and people not like them, but to give a half assed effort to combine the AF1 with a classic Jordan? No Thank You. I will agree that there are some decent looking ones. (The only one I liked was the White Cement III. ONLY because it looks close to the OG III.) But I don't think you saying let's stop the hate will stop it. I'm sorry man, but the vast majority of the Fusions are
sick.gif
. Why bother spending $150 on a cheap one off of a Retro when you can add some a little more money and buy the Retro? It's like saying the Hyundai Genesis looks like an S Class Mercedes so I will buy the Hyundai to save some money. No Thanks.

It all boils down to this man. I grew up watching Michael Jordan play in the Air Jordans. From dropping 63 on the Celtics in the playoffs to the Last Shot in the Finals, each event was in a signature Air Jordan. The Air Jordan line means more to me than any other shoe out there only because I was fortunate enough to see MJ play in them. When I see a shoe, it brings me back to the year they originally released and also other memories of that time period. I could care less about something that tarnishes such a great and memorable experience for myself. It actually offends me that they would butcher the original releases. If they just release quality retros in OG colorways, they will sell. No need to expand to garbage like the Fusions.

I'm glad there's people like you that like these so you buy and JB can stay in business and keep churning out Retros for me. And BTW, they don't sell out in the stores. Have you visited a Nike Outlet lately? It's tough to find a retro on the shelves, but you can find multiple pairs of the Fusions sitting on the shelves. The fusions get shipped back to Nike and they ship them out to the outlets. Good luck finding a hot retro at an outlet.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Why are you so worried about what OTHER PEOPLE think? It's called an opinion, if you like them, wear them.

Pretty much sums it up.

And to add to that I think Fusions are
sick.gif
But thats my opinion.

OP have you actually ever laid your eyes on a fusion 20?
Those are a special kind of suck right there. Holy crap. Ankle strap, mid foot strap, cmon.
The majority of fusions are horrible. Hence the hate.

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

Why are you so worried about what OTHER PEOPLE think? It's called an opinion, if you like them, wear them.

Pretty much sums it up.

sick.gif
But thats my opinion.

and i think the girl in your avatar is
sick.gif

but thats my opinion

na im playin shes
pimp.gif

good job on that despite our differences when it comes to fusions

i think JB should have released only couple of fusion jordans.. they shouldnt have released every single pair.. thaz just too much

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

Pretty much sums it up.

sick.gif
But thats my opinion.

and i think the girl in your avatar is
sick.gif

but thats my opinion

na im playin shes
pimp.gif

good job on that despite our differences when it comes to fusions
indifferent.gif

Team Jordans have nothing to do with fusions, first of all.

Second, Team Jordans were loved back in the day... but not as much as the actual numbered Jordans.

And last, Fusions are the official shoe of hypebeasts, so true shoeheads (yes, I'm absolutely saying that hypebeasts are NOT shoeheads) hate that the market has been oversaturated with these piece of crap knock-offs of the actual numbered Js we all know and love. Eventually, these fusions will be done with; we're just waiting that day is sooner than later.

But you keep rocking out with your Olympias and Spiz'ikes and AFIXs and AFXXs and Dub Zeros and 6ix Rings; I'm good with my actual OG IXs and XIIIs and whatever.

Never liked the idea.

Really a combo of af and J's.. couldn't get any worse.

Back
Top Bottom