"Ok, send payment tonight & I can ship tomorrow".....then wait 12+ hours for payment....

Ok, so I've got a fair amount of pet peeves about selling on NT, not enough to stop me selling though. Selling on NT beats eBay by FAR. But, almost half of the time, I run into this scenario with buyers:

Buyer - E-mails you every 30 minutes if you don't respond right away trying to get a deal done. Does not take into account you are not by a PC every hour of the day or don't have a smartphone to check e-mails 24/7. Asks you ton of questions, most have already been answered in the listing. Also asks if they send payment tonight, can you ship tonight. @*+?
Me - Ok, send payment today and I can ship tomorrow
Buyer - Hours or even days go by, nothing. Or "Imma get at you soon my dude"
Me -
eyes.gif

Buyer - Then proceeds to e-mail you right after payment is finally sent asking for tracking. Then e-mails you by 8am the next morning before the PO even opens to get tracking again. Then e-mails you 3 days later to see where the item is at even though they have the tracking or delivery confirmation #.

I mean, why the rush to get the deal done, then the long wait for payment? Followed up by the rush to get em the next day? I also love this one" I'm trying to wear em to this party this weekend, I need these %$$**!" Buyer, do you walk into Foot Locker, pick out a shoe, sit on the bench for a few hours doing nothing, then finally go pay the cashier?

grin.gif

Sorry for the vent, but I know some of you sellers experience this.

Don't get me started on dudes offering half your listed pric and then acting upset when you don't accept the offer
roll.gif

My boy did business with a NTer and they were blowing him up nonstop
smh.gif

Yeah some dude opted out of buying some DS shoes from me because I wouldn't knock off $10 and pay for shipping. Another dude who is a member here and ISS flaked HARD recently as well. Buyers are turrible nowadays. You're already taking a L on selling the shoe at a discount then they want you to knock off $10-30 more bucks. SMH

Damn i just did this 2 a dude 2day, im guilty.

Now i just got hit off for a loan I couldnt refuse, it was either buy the kicks, or leave that person (family) on stuck, so i had 2 give it to him.

I was just about to send payment to the guy when I got the News, sorry man, i hope you read this but i know the kicks will be gon by the time i get the $$$

dealing with buyers at times is like dealing with women.  sometimes you need to treat them like dirt to put them in their place because when you act overly nice with buyers they try to take advantage.

i would like to believe im easy to deal with when i sell, im willing to negotiate prices if the buyer is considerate and works something out thats reasonable,  i ship within 24-48 hours of received payment, i provide tracking and i try to communicate with my buyers as best as possible.

HOWEVER it irks the hell out of me when i get stupid questions.  I put in all my listings "read the following before contacting me"  most of the time people contact me without reading the following and if the answer to my question is in my listing i just politly tell them to read my listing then get back to me.

my attitude with buyers who ask stupid questions or have unreasonable demmands is if you don't like the way i do business then buy from someone else. ill try and take care of you as best as possible but im not going to swallow my pride to cater to you.

its irritating when a buyer takes forever to pay you then expects you to drop everything your doing to ship their stuff out that instant. like i said, i try to ship asap but im not going to drop everything im doing to ship your stuff.

i think i had the funniest stupidest request from a buyer on iss though,  heres a copy of his message,  i mean are buyers really that stupid and inconsiderate these days that they expect a seller to spend money to ship them a pair of shoes without getting paid for them yet because that buyer was scammed in the past.

dude, I'm really interested in your eggplants. There's just one problem.

I've been scammed here 4 times, 3 of which have been by sellers with lower FB than me. That has lead me to not trust anyone (understandably so) ...So I present this question to you:

Would it be possible for you to ship the shoes out to me first? I have about 10 people that have shipped out to me first and I can give you their contact info. You can ask them how was the transaction, am i leget, etc.

Here's my number if you wanna text me rather than PM me.

201-***-**** ... My name is Danny BTW.

Buyers are ridiculous. They get so hyped up when they see a shoe they like in a listing and message you, "Yo, are the shoes still available?? I want them!" You message them back the same day and never hear from them again lol. SMH at buyers these days...quit flaking!!

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

dealing with buyers at times is like dealing with women.  sometimes you need to treat them like dirt to put them in their place because when you act overly nice with buyers they try to take advantage.

i would like to believe im easy to deal with when i sell, im willing to negotiate prices if the buyer is considerate and works something out thats reasonable,  i ship within 24-48 hours of received payment, i provide tracking and i try to communicate with my buyers as best as possible.

HOWEVER it irks the hell out of me when i get stupid questions.  I put in all my listings "read the following before contacting me"  most of the time people contact me without reading the following and if the answer to my question is in my listing i just politly tell them to read my listing then get back to me.

my attitude with buyers who ask stupid questions or have unreasonable demmands is if you don't like the way i do business then buy from someone else. ill try and take care of you as best as possible but im not going to swallow my pride to cater to you.

its irritating when a buyer takes forever to pay you then expects you to drop everything your doing to ship their stuff out that instant. like i said, i try to ship asap but im not going to drop everything im doing to ship your stuff.

i think i had the funniest stupidest request from a buyer on iss though,  heres a copy of his message,  i mean are buyers really that stupid and inconsiderate these days that they expect a seller to spend money to ship them a pair of shoes without getting paid for them yet because that buyer was scammed in the past.

dude, I'm really interested in your eggplants. There's just one problem.

I've been scammed here 4 times, 3 of which have been by sellers with lower FB than me. That has lead me to not trust anyone (understandably so) ...So I present this question to you:

Would it be possible for you to ship the shoes out to me first? I have about 10 people that have shipped out to me first and I can give you their contact info. You can ask them how was the transaction, am i leget, etc.

LOL! I thought I was the only one! I like to use the retail store analogy on this one. I'm like, do you go into Best Buy and walk out with the TV before paying for it? SMH

I have like 8 pet peeves about selling on NT (yes I'm mad), but all be damned if I post all 8 again. My favorite one when it comes to trading is "I NEVER SHIP FIRST" because "I've been scammed before". My man, WAKE UP. It's the INTERNET. EVERYBODY has been scammed, that's the risk you take. It's easier for a guy to rob you on the net than come into your crib or store and stick you up (pause). Life in the big city, suck it up and keep it moving. The icing on the cake is when they are the one proposing the trade, which by my book for the last 10 years means they send first. These guys with like 0 or little feedback want me to ship first if they propose the trade. #+@? Dude, I've been on NT & eBay for 10+ years with tons of feedback and references!

And to the dude who said "Just be happy you are getting paid". That has no meaning here. Would ou be happy if you listed shoes for $100 that easily go for $125+ on ebay, flight club etc. and you got PMs and e-mails offering like $60 shipped? LOL

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i'm an awesome buyer

I always have money up front
I communicate well
I don't flake
I'm not rude

Where's my cookie?
Buy my stuff!

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Same happened to me when I was trying to sell my Space Jams.  I said, "Do you go to the corner store, grab a coke, walk out, drink it, come back in 5 days and pay for it?"  Dude did not know how to respond. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm just crossing my fingers I can move these last 4 pairs of my size 11 before my break is over.

YO!

I wholeheartedly agree with OP.
smh.gif

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... let's not turn this into a "buy my shoes" thread. The snipers are always out.

nerd.gif

DF!!!

Just be professional when buying/selling. That's it.

When payment is sent, notify the seller. When item is shipped, notify the buyer. When item is received, notify the seller.

Failure to do things in a timely manner in this order SHOULD result in your inbox or whatever getting blown up. Just do business and keep it movin. These stories about people waiting days to pay/ship/ask for refunds etc. are just crazy. I've only sold once and bought once and have had good experiences with both. Shout out to OldSole73
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i'm an awesome buyer

I always have money up front
I communicate well
I don't flake
I'm not rude

Where's my cookie?
QFT... size 9-9.5 Jordans or size 9 AF1...

thats terrible to hear. im almost too quick to pay for some stuff that I want. As a seller I dont want people to mess around so I apply that same philsophy as a buyer.. In out and at my door in less than a weeks time is ideal

My favorite is when someone responds to your listing and the first thing they say is paypal ready, but as soon as you agree to a deal they give you the "oh i will pay you Friday". What happened to paypal ready?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

My favorite is when someone responds to your listing and the first thing they say is paypal ready, but as soon as you agree to a deal they give you the "oh i will pay you Friday". What happened to paypal ready?
Ahh, I almost forgot about this one. The only thing they have ready is there excuse as to why they don't have the money and how long to hold the item for them" Yo, my dude, I'm good for it. I got x check and x money coming in from my girl Friday. Oh wait i mean next Friday. My bad. You let is slide B?"
tired.gif

How about "You got refs, ebay, ISS?" No, I don't *$#* with ISS, I gave you my ebay name in my post, and you can see I have done 100+ deals on NT, just search my posts.

These buyers do NO research or legwork on their own. I know all consumers aren't this dumb. It's not like you drop $500+ on something and don't do the research on it unless you are just ballin like that.

Concerning replies, I love to go through my posts and read the "you still got such these". Why don't you just e-mail me to find out?
tired.gif
Or "I got these +@+#, no one else reply!" 9 times outta 10 this is gonna be one of those 12+ hour payment dudes...

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

Buyer, do you walk into Foot Locker, pick out a shoe, sit on the bench for a few hours doing nothing, then finally go pay the cashier?
laugh.gif

But people who ask the same questions that are already answered are the worst.

You take paypal or MO? How and when can you ship? What condition are the shoes in? What do they come with?

Another thing that annoys me is if were pming or emailing each other back and forth then when it comes time to pay you log off or dont reply, whats really good with that? I haven't had to many flakers, but the lowballers
eyes.gif
smh.gif

agree with op, i sold an iten on ebay and before the auction ended, the dude kept bidding won and when it was over, i didnt get a payment for the shoes. contacted him a few times with no response, and i opened a case, and still no response...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
and when i look at his feedback it shows hes been buying stuff after my auction was over. whackooooo smh @ flakers.

and as a buyer, im the same with JFMartiMcDandruff

I've just about given up on selling shoes.  It's ridamndiculous these days.

The worst is when they ask for more pics and you go and take updated and tagged pics and then....nothing.  Or when they ask for an invoice, get it, then....nothing.

Clowns.

I even lost my list of refs and really don't give a #*$+ anymore, even though I've sold at least 30 pairs on here throughout the years.

Whats worse is the guys who toss out offers and agree, then when you go to make an agreement, they refuse to post that they agree. And you keep pming them, knowing damn well they are reading all your pms and not responding. Im talking about selling on ISS

people need to learn, you talk with the seller than pay. then find out when he will ship then thats it, wait til it comes to your door. If it takes any longer than a week then contact the seller but other than that you should just shut up and wait.

Back
Top Bottom