okay so what do the refs have against dwight howard

i was out of the house all day so i just got to finish watching the recording of the lakers/magic game. all in all great game. the refs had some very weak calls on both sides of the ball. But the calls and no calls on howard really stick out.

howard gets the weakest calls against him i've ever seen in my life. you can't be taking a player like that out of the game. making him sit the first half with 3 fouls when two are BS is just ridiculous and hurts the intergrity of teh NBA which has just had a huge ref scandle (that the media didn't blow up for whatever reason) dwight will be going straight up in the air and get a foul call against him (this actually happened to bynum today too). howard also gets routineley walloped and doesn't go to the line as much as he should.

the the biggest problem the NBA faces is the sub par product that is a result of the refs. I'm not trying to watch a damn free throw contest to decide games. I'm tired of seeing plays where it's obvious that someone jumped into someone and gets a call. that stuff is just a level below flopping.

in closing many of you know i'm a knicks fan so I have ZERO stake in this. I routinley say that howard isn't that great of a center and benifits from playing in a very weak era. But it's obvious that the refs are not treating him like they should. How can the larger problem of the refs be solved?  jeff van gundy thinks that it would be a good idea to have 7 fouls be the criteria for fouling out, because they miss one or two calls each game. i kind of agree with him.

he needs to get on the king james plan then he wouldnt have to ever worry about fouling out

speaking of lebron, i have a huge feeling that the cavs/magic series that might happen is gonna be ruined by the refs.

refs will give bron and his crew full of scrubs all the calls. they gonna call all the fouls against dwight when he is guarding shaq. it's gonna be a real @+!+ show and leave a lot of people angry

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

He complains a lot and they get tired of it

but the guy us actually right. once again i'm not a huge howard fan. But it's pretty damn obvious that the refs have a bias or they are just bad at their jobs.

kobe and lebron seem to complain a lot more than howard. hell lebron did it openly a couple weeks ago, quotes to the media and everything.

refs are NBA's biggest long term problem imo. and they never seem to want to address it.

He most likely gets poor treatment from the refs because he does complain a lot, although fairly because players routinely foul him hard intentionally and he gets beat up all the time.

It also has to do with the style of play in today's NBA and the refs calling every little bump and hit as a foul. He plays very physically and aggressively, and that's not the way the refs let the game go these days, so he gets penalized for it.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

they have nothing against him. when you play the lakers you can expect to not get any calls.

u mad
roll.gif

I think it's more of a bias against centers. Big men can't fight for position, can't attempt to block shots, and can't even breath on an offensive player without having a foul called on them. The amount of fouls being called is ridiculous and has ruined the game is played because centers can no longer attempt to block shots because all the offensive player has to do is bump into them and it's an automatic foul. It's gotten to the point where a player just has to drive in and gets an automatic trip to the foul line.

Yeah he complains, but who doesn't complain about calls.  He's a %%$*%%$ superstar for pete's sake, he gets hacked everytime on the low block.  I just hope they REFS let them play in the playoffs otherwise it's gonna be a long summer for D12 and the Orlando Magic.

I think you missed that one play in the third quarter where he took literally eight steps in the low block and scored and got the and-1. No travel called.

The NBA cant address it.

You expect Stern to come out and express the things that happened under the table, for example. Tim Dough.?

No, its just not happening.

Uhgg NBA refs are garbage, soo inconsistent at times. I hated when Dwight was gonna come in to finish the 2nd quarter and go a phantom call against him having him sit the rest of the first half. Following that bynum gets a dumb foul to make up for the previous call. Stuff like that changed the game ALOT

Originally Posted by NobleKane

they have nothing against him. when you play the lakers you can expect to not get any calls.

u mad
roll.gif

why would i be mad???? just pointing out the facts
yea because the lakers got all the calls in the 2004 finals right? and then in the 2008 finals right? you just sound like a mad cry baby kings fan turned warriors fan
laugh.gif
 ive seen you before creeping around laker game threads hatin. let it go man. hatin aint gonna make your team win buddy
laugh.gif

magic shot 13 more free throws today than the lakers and were called for 3 less fouls. yup.....no calls Captain Smart
laugh.gif

u mad
roll.gif

why would i be mad???? just pointing out the facts
yea because the lakers got all the calls in the 2004 finals right? and then in the 2008 finals right? you just sound like a mad cry baby kings fan turned warriors fan
laugh.gif
 ive seen you before creeping around laker game threads hatin. let it go man. hatin aint gonna make your team win buddy
laugh.gif

magic shot 13 more free throws today than the lakers and were called for 3 less fouls. yup.....no calls Captain Smart
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 in 2nd half of game you could tell that refs were favoring lakers and magic still won
laugh.gif
dont be mad.

me being a warriors fan has nothing to with this thread at all.

ps: i was never a kings fan. im not a fairweather fan like alot of the Faker fans are 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

The NBA cant address it.

You expect Stern to come out and express the things that happened under the table, for example. Tim Dough.?

No, its just not happening.

i'm not talking about addressing gambling or fixed games, i'm talking about the quality of your employees. he can easily address that, why not?

he doesn't even need to PUBLICLY address it, it should be an internal solution. the refs didn't magically start calling touch fouls and making the game less physical. they were told how to ref.

Originally Posted by SamB

Uhgg NBA refs are garbage, soo inconsistent at times. I hated when Dwight was gonna come in to finish the 2nd quarter and go a phantom call against him having him sit the rest of the first half. Following that bynum gets a dumb foul to make up for the previous call. Stuff like that changed the game ALOT
Pretty much. I liked the replacement refs they had in the summer. No bias towards anyone. They made a couple of rookie mistakes, but it was a fairly called game. Can't believe they held out during a recession demanding more money. Such a joke for what they do.

And of all the people, Dwight Howard? Really? He gets calls just like any other superstar. Only problem this game was he wasn't going against a superstar, he was going against a super team. Go watch no-name/non-superstar bigs and you'd see they get screwed over way more than Dwight and on a nightly basis.

Back
Top Bottom