OLD SKOOL San Francisco/Daly City

Quote:
^^^ Keyword... "planning" LOL I've been hearing about people wanting to make the mini's and ultras for 2-3 years now and have yet to see anyone actually act on it. I was even willing to give one of my mini's up for the cause for the mold but again nothing has happened...

lol, yeah true who knows when and if it will happen, but someone needs to capitalize on it.

ps. i want a big can. what's good?
www.districtfootwear.com

You mean these??? LOL

They are $400... I can make any Krylon, Rusto or Red Devil color. I have a Jungle Green Krylon and a Fed Purple Rusto right now that I had in a show in NY and a bunch of old school heads tagged up on them. Tracy168, IZ, Blade, Clyde, FDT56, and a bunch of others. If you're interested in one of those I can send flicks just hit me with your email addy...
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

the few of of us old writers should meet up and hit up a muni yeard for old times sake. i know, i know, :smh:
smh.gif
on me!

^^^ Who says some of us don't still hit them up every now and then??? LOLOL :wink:
wink.gif

It's all about Round Table in Westborough. Threw away all my quarters away in their arcade room as a kid. Now it's a Filipino restaurant and a insurance office.

Century Theater in San Bruno was once what Century 20 is in Daly City is now. Everyone went there. Back to the Future, Wierd Science, Howard the Duck, etc...

Time flies by so fast!
Free Shipping on Nike Dunk SBs over $90 at CCS.com. Use code CCSAFF
$20 off your order of $99 at eastbay.com. Use code LKS16N29
Receive Free Shipping with Code GOOD + Spend over $75 and receive 10% off @ Karmaloop! Check out: IndividualSole.com for the latest on kicks, clothes & culture!

dang...ya'll are bringing back some old memories with all this..some other spots of reminiscence:
- Serramonte bus stop (where Mervyn's parking lot is...haha)
- the Pro Shop in Montgomery Wards where Target Serramonte is now...i used to steal"clips" to put on my Starter parka there..haha
- Coda in Serramonte...i bought my jeans with the multi-colored suede patches there...
- NOT QUITE DALY CITY BUT COLMA....Videots bought my video games there before any Game Stop...
- Turbo Graphics 16 stand in Serramonte Mall...Bonk's Adventure anyone?
- Warehouse Music Metro Center
- Maritime Hall SF ...all those $15 concerts..i saw Brand Nubian, Black Eyed Peas (before Fergie), Outkast, De La Soul, Hiero, Del....)

soulofmischi3f@aol.com

Quote:
It's all about Round Table in Westborough. Threw away all my quarters away in their arcade room as a kid. Now it's a Filipino restaurant and a insurance office.

..........Actually, it's still there.
Quote:
- Serramonte bus stop (where Mervyn's parking lot is...haha)

..........HaHa, I used to skate in that area as a kid.
Quote:
- the Pro Shop in Montgomery Wards where Target Serramonte is now...
er Caps.

^^^^ Drive-in?! What's that- LOL! How bout the one by the Cow Palace? Never saw one there but I remember driving by @ night and seeing all the screens lit up.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Samtrans bus stop by Mervyns- 21A Baby! &
:rofl:
roll.gif
@ the O.G.s who use to drive by hella slow to peep.

Centrury Plaza by Tanforan was the place to be. Lines would go 2 the back of the building and you'd have to park by See's for summer time blockbusters :lol:
laugh.gif

Anybody ever have that one Samoan Muni driver on the 9 San Bruno? Dude was mad cool. We'd get on the bus and he knew what was up. Just gave him that look.The minis would come out and the bus would be crushed. Aaaaaah the smell of marker ink.

-Farrell's which became Toons which in turn became an empty lot.

..had all our partys there when i was way younger...

damn i forgot about that movie theater were best buy is at in colma..good times there...

THE AVY KING​

ED! yes, jungle green is what i was thinking.
it's gonna take me a min. to save up, but i really want one. you should keep the one that is crushed by all those cats, i'm not tryna buy that one off you. i'll let you know when i got enough, that's big for getting me though. i stay in touch

i didn't realize you were the one who made them for all those NY cats. i allways wanted one and didn't realize they were made by fam, in practically my own backyard.
www.districtfootwear.com

^^^ LOL no prob just let me know. Vogue is the one that prints the labels for them for me. It's funny that I originally made those as a joke and everyone flipped on them when they saw them and then my man Danny Boy from House of Pain put them in an issue of Mass Appeal and ever since then people have wanted them. It's good for me because I have been able to trade some of them for canvases by some people I'd like to get canvases from but normally wouldn;t spend that kind of money on their stuff. I made the trains for that Ecko block party in NY too, did you ever see those??? I'm makin 4 more of them right now with the roof and the whole 9 for a tattoo shop in the bronx and those are gonna be their tattoo booths, LOL I'm also making a bunch of stuff for the new Sole Collector store opening in LA in a couple weeks so I've been chained tot he welder, it's all good though, gives me loot for shoes, LOL

damn...yall bringing back memories.....BEST (got all my GI Joe toys from there), Farrells, serramania bus stop. (20C all day everyday), Mongotmery Ward (all my starter hats and jackets), videots.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come...​

ED,

yeah i was talking to amend about you the otherday, that's when i found out. i seen pictures of marc eckos block party and i was surprised when he told me you had made those. the tattoo booth idea sounds dope, i'd love to see pictures if you have time. Amend was telling me vogue does the decals, because he was saying vogue could wrap anything, cell phones, ipods, xboxs, etc.

i think the first time i seen one of those large cans was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, some one on here had posted a pic in the pickup thread. maybe crisone, really not sure.

i didn't know you were also doing stuff for the new sole collector shop, sounds interesting. keep in touch, i can't wait to see some of your projects.
www.districtfootwear.com

^^^ Yeah the Ecko gig was pretty crazy. The whole thing was crazy from making them, to driving them out there to the party itself. Not to mention it got mad press because the city tried to take away their permit and they took the city to federal court and won.

Yeah Vogue does some cool stuff. His digital printer is the $hit. He's done alot of stuff for me for my projects.

I'll definately be posting pics of the stuff for the Sole Collector store as soon as it opens up. They don't want anything getting out before the opening, some pretty crazy stuff going on. =) I'll also send soem flicks of the trains for the shop when i get the stuff done and installed out there...

ed,

sounds good, i heard about that blockparty going to court, i hadn't realized he won the case, good for him. i would love to see some pics when you're able to share them. makes want to just roll by the shop to see those cars in person., when you're finished.
www.districtfootwear.com

that's some dope stuff, metalman. it'd be cool as hell to make one of them jumbo krylons into a little table for a rec room or something.....just throw a piece of tempered glass on top, and it'd be good to go.

please do post some more of your work when you got a chance.

i've always wanted to learn to work some metal shop gear. one of my uncles actually teaches welding at some trade school in the city. we're not super close tho.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

For $ALE: ~Deadstock/Brand NEW~ NIKES+JORDAN Retros Sz 9.5-10 in The Bay

Quote:
Serramonte:
-DJ's clothing store where most of the best looking girls would work and you would end up buying a lot more stuff than you expected cuz you would think you were gonna get the digits.
Service MerchandiseIf you're REALLY REALLY O.G., you know what's up with Westlake Showcases @ the Rec Center!!!

I miss the old SF/DC....

Back
Top Bottom