OLD SKOOL San Francisco/Daly City

Wut's good SF heads? Was just talking to a old co-worker and we were just reminising about "back in the day". I realized that alot has changed in the 29 years I've lived her. So with that, this is what I remember bout the Ol' San Francisco. Let's bring it back ya'll. I wanna see how ol skool you can get.

1. Psycho City: Van Ness & Market. Oh, the memories wheneva I drive by. TMC, TDK, KGM............. :pimp:
pimp.gif

2. Gemco: where the Colma Target is now. Man, that's were I stole half my G.I.Joes
3. Serramonte 6 and Twin Movie Theatres: Where BevMo is and Sportmart/Party City is. I saw Top Gun @ Serramonte Twin and thought I would be a fighter pilot. :rofl:
roll.gif

4. Arcade on Market St: Between 6th & 7th?- Can't believe I got jumped by some TL heads near there. Caught them slippin the next week. :lol:
laugh.gif

5. The freeway over the Embarcadero: Watching that Zodiac Killer Movie brought back some memories.
6. The Nike Shop in Macy's before Niketown was even thought of: Downstairs in the young men's section. That's wear i got my Air Carnivores and where people laughed @ me for getting AF1s.
7. First Step: 2 locations (Powell next 2 Blondies & on the 2nd Floor @ Powell and Ellis) B4 HUF, True, Recon, or any shoe "boutique" were thought of, cats were getting there kicks here.
8. Stonestown: Before it became a mall. This place was a straight up open air mall like westlake. I.Magnin and Emporium were the achors.
9. Woolworth (Westlake, Stonestown, Powell where Gap is now) Gold fish for a nickel. Can't believe these guys owned Footlocker.

I'm sure there's more, but that's just off the top of my head. I'll add more. Show me what you got!

Discovery Zone in Colma. I forget if it was where Barnes & Noble was or where that bridal shop is. If a bday was gonna be there, you could not, not go.
LIKE THE TEAM AND KEAK I GET
MOE DOE​

Quote:
9. Woolworth (Westlake, Stonestown, Powell where Gap is now) Gold fish for a nickel. Can't believe these guys owned Footlocker.
ed construction on Union Square too. I can't even remember what the old Union Square looks like anymore either. :lol:
laugh.gif

Movie Theaters:
-Serrmonte 6 when the price dropped to $1.50 admission
-UA Metro Center where Best Buy is now

Serramonte:
-DJ's clothing store where most of the best looking girls would work and you would end up buying a lot more stuff than you expected cuz you would think you were gonna get the digits.
-Arcade that used to be by payless shoes
-Montgomery Ward where Target now resides

Stonestown:
-Emporium where it was replaced by Macy's
-Woolworth that had a snack bar in the middle of the store

Westlake:
-A & W which was replaced by Burger King. Damn I miss those root bear floats.
-J.C. Penny replaced by Home Depot.
- Westlake Bowling alley replaced by Burlington.

Only thing to stay is that damn burger king in westlake.
Sports:Sabercats:XVI-XVIII-
NFL 49Ers: XVI,XIX,XXIII,XXIV,XXIX
DC UNITED: 96-97-99-04 Team Mexico Concacaf 65 71 77 93 96 98 03
Pistons: 84 90 04 GSW:75-47-56 SPURS-99-03-05

Quote:
Arcade on Market St: Between 6th & 7th?-

you mean THE FUN CENTER. that place was hella tight. they had big screen video games when street fighter 2 champshiop edition came out back in 93 i believe. that place was hella dope. too bad they had to shut down that place cause of all the drugs and thugs. i remember i bought my first pager next store at city radio in 92. it was a bravo express neon green, hella tight.
does anyone remember the arcade at serramonte mall where payless shoes are at?
Quote:
The freeway over the Embarcadero

that was an ill @#%$ freeway cause when u came into the city or left it you would have the whole view of the embaracardo. too bad the earthquake @#%$ @#%$ up.

^^^sorry sfkinghts, u already posted the arcade at serramonte.
i almost forgot pizza and pipes where good guys was.
also, anyone remember the hat store in montgomery wards in serramonte? that was the spot to get the fitteds. it was like a miny sports city in the middle of the department store. this thread is bad cause its brings back a lot of old school memories

I used to love playing Karate Champ over there.

I also forgot a couple of places in Serramonte.

-Pizza & Pipes (where Good Guys used to be and now is Daiso)

-Farrell's which became Toons which in turn became an empty lot.

I was surprised to see Toons "missing" when I drove by the other day.

Completely forgot about the movie theatres in Colma by the BB.

How about the rooftop of the Emporium during Christmas? Then you could make your own cookies and they had those huge train setups.

man, my old a$# could shut this thread down for real, but it's good to see some other "mature" dudes in here. :wink:
wink.gif
Quote:
2. Gemco: where the Colma Target is now. Man, that's were I stole half my G.I.Joes
Quote:
3. Serramonte 6 and Twin Movie Theatres: Where BevMo is and Sportmart/Party City is. I saw Top Gun @ Serramonte Twin and thought I would be a fighter pilot. :rofl:
roll.gif
Quote:
4. Arcade on Market St: Between 6th & 7th?- Can't believe I got jumped by some TL heads near there. Caught them slippin the next week. :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
6. The Nike Shop in Macy's before Niketown was even thought of: Downstairs in the young men's section.
Quote:
8. Stonestown: Before it became a mall. This place was a straight up open air mall like westlake. I.Magnin and Emporium were the achors.

you forgot Bullock's, homey. :wink:
wink.gif
er jackets
---King Norman's Toys on Clement & 8th Ave (got my 1st new bike there....red framed Huffy w/blue ACS Z-rims)
---Xmas carnival on the roof of the OG Emporium on Market St.

"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

For $ALE: ~Deadstock/Brand NEW~ NIKES+JORDAN Retros Sz 9.5-10 in The Bay

Quote:
1. Psycho City: Van Ness & Market. Oh, the memories wheneva I drive by. TMC, TDK, KGM

You forgot to mention Frankiln across the street and Clockwork down the way... Not to mention Coors yard, 3rd Ave yard, The Ghostyard, Silver Terrace, Crocker Park.. so many chill legal spots to paint that are all gone now!!!
TDK, Dream and Vogue, did most of their stuff on the tracks in Oakland but they did come and burn Psycho on the regular. But man you left out a BUNCH of people that used to BURN Psycho City... TMF, TWS, OTB, MPC, STP, USC... the list goes on and on...

Let's not leave out the OG bus hoppers that were killin Muni... Tee, Rwd, Cab, Prod and of course the imfamous ARM (Always Rockin Muni) Crew... These guys had $hit on LOCK!!!!

Then street bombers you had the king UB40, Beast, Tee, RWD, Fiveo and the list goes on. Man those were the days!!!

Quote:
-Farrell's which became Toons which in turn became an empty lot.

WOW, I forgot all about them... They used to have one in San Mateo too, man that was bomb *** ice cream!!!

How can you mention Daly City from back in the day and not mention Matthews Tv and Stereo... "Top of the hill... Daly City" LOLOL Those commercials were funny...

And an honorable mention since I talked about commercials that guy Paul from the Diamond Center... He always had the funny commercials, i remember the one where he was rappin...

OHHH And talkin about Old School TV, who remembers Home Turf???
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

^^^ Do you remember when there used to be a QFI across from Longs at Serramonte?

Bus hopping on Muni.....GF, OTC, THK, ROT, TOK, MC, RSP, DF, NFR, PFK, BOK........those were the days!!

Quote:
who remembers Home Turf???

i used to watch it every sat mornin! wasent the host of the show a light skinned black gurl named dominque that changed outfits evey commerical break?

When Classic Bowling Center was just a parking lot for QFI......

Record Factory which is now Drug Barn in Colma......

Launch Pad in Serramonte......as well as Merry-Go-Round, Oaktree, & Dejaiz....who remembers rockin I.O.U.

Yeeeeaaah maaaaan! Keep it coming folks. Ya'll just bringin it.
A&W- Is it me or did that place look a lot bigger from inside than what Burger King looks like now.
Home Turf? I remember cutting freshman year just to go to a taping on Van Ness.
Toto's? Man, I ain't gonna lie. I loved their pizza.
ARM- I remember they were runnin Muni. Whats that one cats name- Leeeeeeeeeeen (correct me if I'm wrong metalmaned). Muni bombing at it's finest.
Kaplans- O.G. place to by a fitted- or a switchblade. Haven't been there in a while.
Anybody remember that sports store "Going To The Game" in the SF Centre. They had like every NBA Jersey and fitted hat available.
Lowell Summer School- EVERY tagger went here from 92-94. I remember coming to school everyday and the building was absolutely CRUSHED...& then they would set off fireworks in the hallways.

---King Norman's Toys on Clement & 8th Ave (got my 1st new bike there....red framed Huffy w/blue ACS Z-rims)
Damn your taking it way back with this shop. I remember gaffling my Transformers and Gobots from this spot

Back
Top Bottom