Once and for all, who currently is the worst pro franchise to be a fan of?

I definitely agree Chicago Cubs!!!

Chicagoans, I think it's safe to say we are the most LOYAL fans in this country...
Our Media isn't that bad, except of course for Jay Mariotti
laugh.gif
eek.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

MLB needs to dissolve the Royals organization and spread it's players around the majors. The Pirates have too much of a history to be dissolved, but they should be relocated to a market that will spend money to make them competitive.

Institute a salary cap of 90-100 million.  Problem solved.  Suddenly you have a lot more teams being competitive.

it has to be the clippers in terms of worst franchise to be a fan of.

1. their in the shadow of the lakers in such a way its funny. the seats at staples are purple, theirs 15 banners that say world champions in their arena and none of them belong to them. that right there has to hurt as a fan.

2. they let you down over and over and over again. in 1992 and in 1993 they had a nice little thing going, the LA fans were getting into the team and they showed potential to contend and were 1 minute away from knocking out the 2 seed rockets in the 1993 playoffs, rather then build upon that they clean house and are a joke within 2 years.

same thing happened in 1997 when they had a few guys on the team that were decent, everyone loved the odom, miles, q rich, brand teams and they blew that up, they finally make some noise in 2006 and don't improve on that.

3. theres a reason guys don't wanna play there, if danny ferry gets drafted with the 2 pick by your team and refuses to play for you, you know your team has a problem. i mean its Danny freakin Ferry

4. their constantly promoting other teams rather then themselves. i don't wanna be a fan of a joke like that. every year they have ticket promotions in the newspaper with pictures of kobe, lebron, melo, wade, duncan etc and all these great players you can see if you get their ticket package but theres no pictures of clippers i get to see with that package. it shows how even they have no confidence in themselves.

all in all the clippers are like that flaking lying friend who makes false promises and always lets you down. they might give you hope once every few years but all that hope will be shot down the drain quickly and you'll be feeling stupid for even having hope in the first place.

MLB: Pirates

NFL: Raiders, Lions, Browns, ********, Rams

NBA: Warriors, Nets, Clippers

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it has to be the clippers in terms of worst franchise to be a fan of.

1. their in the shadow of the lakers in such a way its funny. the seats at staples are purple, theirs 15 banners that say world champions in their arena and none of them belong to them. that right there has to hurt as a fan.

2. they let you down over and over and over again. in 1992 and in 1993 they had a nice little thing going, the LA fans were getting into the team and they showed potential to contend and were 1 minute away from knocking out the 2 seed rockets in the 1993 playoffs, rather then build upon that they clean house and are a joke within 2 years.

same thing happened in 1997 when they had a few guys on the team that were decent, everyone loved the odom, miles, q rich, brand teams and they blew that up, they finally make some noise in 2006 and don't improve on that.

3. theres a reason guys don't wanna play there, if danny ferry gets drafted with the 2 pick by your team and refuses to play for you, you know your team has a problem. i mean its Danny freakin Ferry

4. their constantly promoting other teams rather then themselves. i don't wanna be a fan of a joke like that. every year they have ticket promotions in the newspaper with pictures of kobe, lebron, melo, wade, duncan etc and all these great players you can see if you get their ticket package but theres no pictures of clippers i get to see with that package. it shows how even they have no confidence in themselves.

all in all the clippers are like that flaking lying friend who makes false promises and always lets you down. they might give you hope once every few years but all that hope will be shot down the drain quickly and you'll be feeling stupid for even having hope in the first place.

being a lions, browns or bills fan has to be discouraging. also all of jacksonville's 38 fans will be real disappointed what that team peaces for la

it's fun to be a warriors fan, it's like damn, our coach is drunk, our owner builds consistent losers, the players don't run any real offense, don't play any defense, and are mostly gunning for better contracts with other teams. what's not to love

How do the Clippers even manage to stay in LA?? I don't understand...is there an actual strong Clippers fanbase that prefers them over the Lakers? People actually rock Clippers jerseys?

I don't think that franchise will ever make strides until they get out of Los Angeles and out of the Lakers' shadow.

Back
Top Bottom