One Gotta Go! Vol: Some Actors

Who’s Going?

• Total voters
But also directed that god awful Predators movie.

Oh, you mean The Predator, the newest one. Yeah, that sucked!! But Predators (no The in its title) was done by Nimrod Antal/produced by Robert Rodriguez (of Desperado). That was the one with Adrian Brody and that was actually rather good. Had Walton Goggins in it too.

TOM CRUISE IS A GREAT ACTOR!

I see Ethan Hunt, Jerry Maguire, Less Grossman....

Do you need the catalog my guy?

He does this!

WITH RANGE!

FOH!
Wait how are dudes going to be all about range then question Tom Cruise? Risky Business, Jerry Maguire, Collateral, Tropic Thunder etc, none the same. You dudes ain't bout **** today and are extra bored.

And both of them are better than Brad Pitt
Now that you mention it, Pitt, Denzel, Cruise, Mcconaughey…they’re all swagger actors. They not really about to step into other peopl, but they’re all so gd cool, it doesnt matter.

not my point, and I didn’t mention anything about the departed. Point is, RDJ easily has the weakest resumé the bunch. In quality of films, strength of performance, memorable performances, roles where he’s carried the film, awards/achievements, etc. which is why if you ask people to name his movies other than marvel, you get a TRASH list like all of you did (except tr1ll tr1ll ) and if you ask that about the others you get the most iconic films/performances in film history.

His career just doesn’t stack up with the others. He’s a fantastic actor, no doubt. But the weakest link for sure, and could easily do without having seen his films.

Side Thread: ONE’S Gotta go:

Robert Downey Jr
Robert Redford
Robert Duvall
Robert Pattinson

that’s the list RDJ belongs on.
Redford. I think Pattinson's prime is on the way & has potential to be legend making. Plus, I prefer animated Charlotte's Web though both are good.
But also directed that god awful Predators movie.
The movie is top quality "good bad" movie. My theater was laughing a lot. I might evem watch that bull**** tonight. But you gotta watch The Nice Guys if you haven't seen it. My guy Ryan Gosling might be the biggest victim of Hollywood spamming franchises. Man has so many movies that should've been hits. 2049 should've definitely made at least $390m's worldwide. Movies like that not performeing well is bad for storytelling.

Now that you mention it, Pitt, Denzel, Cruise, Mcconaughey…they’re all swagger actors. They not really about to step into other peopl, but they’re all so gd cool, it doesnt matter.

Pitt has more range than most actors.
McConaughey plays himself in everything. I don't put Cruise on the pedestal of Oscar worthy actors. He killed the Les Grossman character though.

Who could forget this gem from Pitt. :rofl:

Brad Pitt is probably my favourite actor now that I think about. He has range & them some. Not only are his movies typically good to great, they're mad influential on society. have Edward Norton is great. We should've gotten more movies from him, but he's dickhead so Matthew McConaughey took his spot.

My son LaKeith is looking like my Brad for the new gen though. Dude is great at everything.

Brad Pitt slander is ridiculous. Sure, his earlier performances were sub-par, but he's made some memorable movies in recent past.

Also, no one considers Tom Cruise as a serious actor. He's had some solid roles, but he's more in the entertainment side of the business. He's not chasing artistic value when he makes his movies. Albeit, he's had some VERY solid movies, which did well in the box office.

Back
Top Bottom