One Gotta Go! Vol: Some Actors

Who’s Going?

• Total voters
Ray is nothing like Jamie Foxx in real life. Yet Jamie Foxx become Ray Charles, he even held his face the same way. Jamie is about to play Mike Tyson and we all already know he’s about to body the role and hes about to BE Mike. Not Jaime Foxx doing and imitation of Mike. Jamie did Ray Charles a few times on In Living Color, but he took it a step further step is what seperates him from Denzel. Denzel will never let you forget hes from NY. Denzel played a cop from New Orleans and still had a NY accent. Meanwhile, Gray Oldman is from the UK and can go from the police commissioner of Gotham City to country *** Zorg and people not even realize it. When Im talking about “range”, Im not talking about emotional range, the ability to emote a different range of emotions. Im talking about the ability to become someone way outside of themselves. Hell, RDJ pulls off a British accent so well, he was cast by a Brit to play Sherlock Holmes.

Jamie Foxx is obviously a method actor. Which is no surprise to how well he acts.

Denzel is not...but there's no point in arguing with people who don't know better. The bottom line is this--most people do not really understand how to critique a film and/or acting. And they have personal biases towards Denzel for reasons mentioned already.

You can't argue with ignorant.

For example...Brokeback Mountain was a fantastically great movie. But some folks will say it's trash. Now ask those same folks what they thought of Moonlight... 🤣

Different shades of Denzel. Roman J. Isreal Esq. was the only time he really stepped out that box.
He wasn't Unc in Flight either.

Zel don't make mistakes, but he was acting hella p whipped in Out of Time. So I'd say that one is different too lol.

I know this is a tough pill to swallow for a lot of y'all, but Denzel is really as popular as he is because of what he means for the culture. There are many actors who are far better than he ever will be. As previously stated, Jamie Foxx is head and shoulders above Denzel.

Yea Roman J was a refreshing role for Denzel but he was still kinda playing himself in some scenes :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All he had to do was tone down the Denzel swag a little bit for the role.
That swag is why we love Denzel. That swag is why folks write roles for him, but he aint popping up in surprise roles. Imagine if Denzel played OJ. Have white folk out here forgiving OJ. :lol:

That wasn't the question you asked. You asked for 5 movies he was in.

Leo wasn't the lead in The Departed.

not my point, and I didn’t mention anything about the departed. Point is, RDJ easily has the weakest resumé the bunch. In quality of films, strength of performance, memorable performances, roles where he’s carried the film, awards/achievements, etc. which is why if you ask people to name his movies other than marvel, you get a TRASH list like all of you did (except tr1ll tr1ll ) and if you ask that about the others you get the most iconic films/performances in film history.

His career just doesn’t stack up with the others. He’s a fantastic actor, no doubt. But the weakest link for sure, and could easily do without having seen his films.

Side Thread: ONE’S Gotta go:

Robert Downey Jr
Robert Redford
Robert Duvall
Robert Pattinson

that’s the list RDJ belongs on.

Make no mistake, RDJ only stays because of his Marvel stuff for me. It's not like I didn't like his other stuff either, it's what you're willing to lose. I think MCU phase one is one of the greatest sagas told, a lot of people can't get over their too coolness to recognize that.
100x this.
like i said in my first post, solely off the strength of the MCU movies. i can see if you're a movie snob that dismisses superhero movies as not real cinema but all those movies in phase one culminating in infinity war and endgame was truly an epic story that was magnificently told. is RDJ a better actor than the others? nope. is his entire filmography superior? nope.

100x this.
like i said in my first post, solely off the strength of the MCU movies. i can see if you're a movie snob that dismisses superhero movies as not real cinema but all those movies in phase one culminating in infinity war and endgame was truly an epic story that was magnificently told. is RDJ a better actor than the others? nope. is his entire filmography superior? nope.

I slept though Iron 2 & 3. Only saw Thor, Iron Man 1 and The Hulk 🤣

IDGAF about the MCU.

I got one:

Micheal B Jordan
Chadwick Boesman
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Edris Elba

Their catalog goes with them.

Replace RDJ on the list with Jim Carrey or Christian Bale or Robin Williams and you got a more reasonable debate.

I don’t like the Jim Carrey in there hes mostly a comedian, not enough range. That being said I never seen his serious roles are they any good?

I’m leaning towards Tom Hanks. Great actor with some really good movies, but only a few I can watch repeatedly and still enjoy.
I got one:

Micheal B Jordan
Chadwick Boesman
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Edris Elba

Their catalog goes with them.
If it wasn’t for Four Brothers(one of my faves) I’d say Chiwetel Ejiofor.

I don’t like the Jim Carrey in there hes mostly a comedian, not enough range. That being said I never seen his serious roles are they any good?

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind MIGHT be in MY top 25 of all time. Man on the moon was an Oscar worthy performance, but I didn’t like the movie.

Back
Top Bottom