One-handed center gets Manhattan scholarship

[h2]Laue realizes dream of playing D-I hoops[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A basketball player missing his left hand has received a scholarship to play for Division I Manhattan College next season.

Kevin Laue is a 6-foot-10 center whose left arm ends just past the elbow. A California native, he played a postgraduate season for Fork Union MilitaryAcademy in Virginia this year hoping to impress college coaches. Laue averaged about 10 points and five rebounds competing against many Division Iprospects.

Laue says he was wondering whether he would realize his dream of playing Division I basketball before Manhattan contacted him just over a week ago. Hesigned with the team Wednesday.

Fork Union coach Fletcher Arritt said Laue's shot-blocking skills and ability to run the floor will make him an effective college player.

I guess the term use your off-hand will not apply.
nerd.gif

SMH at me
smh.gif

im so happy that they handed him a scholarship..thats incredible..he can probably be a force for a team with a short-handed inside game..this is a great story,hands down

its pretty funny how you're all laughing about it yet he's doing way more with one hand than most of you probably will ever hope to accomplish

Originally Posted by Crook

its pretty funny how you're all laughing about it yet he's doing way more with one hand than most of you probably will ever hope to accomplish
really? it's not that serious man...laugh a little...you'll live longer

Dude averaged 10 points and 5 boards with one hand. That's hella impressive if you ask me. Its hard to play basketball as it is with two hands and here heis playing D-1 basketball. Props to him.

Originally Posted by raptors29

This proves that you can make it in basketball, by just being tall.
laugh.gif
i didn't wanna be the first to say it, but that wasmy gut reaction too

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by raptors29

This proves that you can make it in basketball, by just being tall.
laugh.gif
i didn't wanna be the first to say it, but that was my gut reaction too
Don't get me wrong dude still has talent. He isn't just some scrub they picked up off the street. If he was shorter I don't think hewould have got that scholarship.

My friend used to tell about a one-armed dude that used to whoop him on JV. Now he's playing D1.

I'm pretty sure I saw this guy playing at tournaments in Southern California a couple years back. Pretty cool story.

Back
Top Bottom