One of the most annoying things about driving...dealing w/ road cyclists.

I know I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by cyclists while driving on busy roads. Dudes all decked out in their FedEx or UPS spandex, going 15mph on a busy street, and giving no damns while holding up the flow of traffic during the morning/afternoon commute.....I have to deal with this a couple times per week and it's annoying - especially since there is a bike trail that runs parallel to the street. :smh: Yes, I'm mad.

Nah bikers show respect in my city. They know dudes aren't playing behind the wheel.

I hate people that go slow in the left lane. An you pull up close behind them to give em a hint that they need to get over and they just blatantly ignore you. So then you have to pass them on the right which is not what the right lane is for.

I also hate people that don't go when the light turns green because they were busy textin. Thats when I got blow em with the horn of god.

I used to cuss these people out on the regular....Then I rode my bike to work one day. :lol:

I was super cautious about it and would find a sidewalk whenever possible (I feel like that's the right thing to do), but there was one stretch of highway with no sidewalk and only a few inches of road next to grass. I was pedaling like a fool and would get to the next dirt road and pull off to let cars pass. The traffic never built up because of me, but I could just hear these guys cussing my out like I used to. :lol:

Maybe because Ive never lived in a city where there were a lot of road cyclist but from what im hearing its mainly because the bike lane isn't very wide? If anything I'd put that on the city.

Maybe because Ive never lived in a city where there were a lot of road cyclist but from what im hearing its mainly because the bike lane isn't very wide? If anything I'd put that on the city.

Let's say there is no bike lane (sidewalk near by), and speed limit on the road is 35, would you be pissed having a bike in front of you holding up the flow of traffic?

Mane i got stuck following behind one of these cyclists a while back...he was going super slow and made sure we caught every red light, took like an extra 10 mins to get to work :smh: ..even worse is when there is a sidewalk or side lane and they still in the regular streets >:

One time while I was driving, my buddy sticks his head out the window and screams "this ain't no damn Tour de France!"

Now, whenever I see them, I always yell that in my head.

when i drive, i wish they would go on the sidewalks. when i pedest, i wish they were in the streets.

Cyclists here piss me off. And that new Citibike program doesn't make it any better.

Let's say there is no bike lane (sidewalk near by), and speed limit on the road is 35, would you be pissed having a bike in front of you holding up the flow of traffic?

Where im from cyclists aren't suppose to ride on the sidewalk. I could see how having to ride behind a cyclist could be an inconvenience but again its not something ive really had to deal with. The fact that they're riding IN FRONT instead of the side to me(because there's no bike lane) is the issue. But then, if there are many cyclists in areas with no bike lanes its on the city to place one there to avoid congestion and potential accidents.

Last edited:
The only time it's really upsetting is when they pull up to a stop light in front of me and it obviously ain't gonna change to green cuz they ain't triggering the light 
mad.gif

I can't even describe how many times I have to deal with this in a given week. Everyone in my city will go into the oncoming lane for a second just to pass them. It's getting out of hand.. Dudes need to get the **** out the street.

And yes my jimmies get rustled everytime.

I take my bike sometimes to class, and I'm paranoid as hell riding through traffic. To add on, I dont have any brakes on my bike. I stick to the sidewalks and alleyways and avoid the road at all costs. The hassle is worth it for my safety

if you guys had a v8 or twin turbo you wouldn't have a problem getting past these guys

Last edited:
I get annoyed by others drivers who think they own the roads. I put my blinker on to change lanes and they speed up. Now Icut them off

Back
Top Bottom