Operation Facebook? R.I.P Nov 5, 2011 ?

whyhellothere

Banned
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Anonymous Threatens to "Destroy" Facebook in November[/h1]
3:00 PM - August 10, 2011 - By Kevin Parrish -
Source : Village Voice

In a public message, hactivist group Anonymous promises to destroy Facebook on November 5, 2011.

loupe.gif
ZoomWednesday in a public announcement, "hactivist" group Anonymous promised to "destroy" Facebook once and for all on November 5, 2011. Why? Because the popular social website has allegedly been selling information to government agencies and providing back-door access for information security firms so that they can spy on people worldwide.

"Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your 'privacy' settings, and deleting your account is impossible, even if you 'delete' your account, all your personal info stays on Facebook and can be recovered at any time," the statement reads. "Changing the privacy settings to make your Facebook account more "private" is also a delusion. Facebook knows more about you than your family."

"The riots are underway," the message continues. "It is not a battle over the future of privacy and publicity. It is a battle for choice and informed consent. It's unfolding because people are being raped, tickled, molested, and confused into doing things where they don't understand the consequences. Facebook keeps saying that it gives users choices, but that is completely false. It gives users the illusion of and hides the details away from them "for their own good" while they then make millions off of you. When a service is "free," it really means they're making money off of you and your information."

Village Voice was actually one of the first to discover the Anonymous statement and brings up a very good point: killing Facebook for the sake of preserving privacy by a group of people who routinely steal private information sounds a bit odd. If anything, user data is bounced around like a beach ball and governments, corporations and even private citizens are virtual pawns in a game of "because we can and you can't stop us." As LulzSec previously pointed out, we're mere peons to hackers, mere toys.

"Do you feel safe with your Facebook accounts, your Google Mail accounts, your Skype accounts?" LulzSec said in a public letter back in June. "What makes you think a hacker isn't silently sitting inside all of these right now, sniping out individual people, or perhaps selling them off? You are a peon to these people. A toy. A string of characters with a value. This is what you should be fearful of, not us releasing things publicly, but the fact that someone hasn't released something publicly."

So far Anonymous hasn't revealed how it plans to take down Facebook, but the incident will take place on the anniversary of the death of Guy Fawkes, who in 1605 plotted to blow up the Houses of parliament with gun powder. Wednesday's open letter also calls on "a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy."

"Think for a while and prepare for a day that will go down in history," the letter reads. "November 5 2011, #opfacebook. Engaged."

Link

Im scared 
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
*waits to see if late or not*

They wanted to do this sooner but it was rescheduled for Guy Fawkes Night. Get your popcorn ready, that's supposed to be a huge day in the underweb community.

Had a discussion with a family member about this very same thing on Fathers Day.  His point was that FB sells the data to other agencies therefore you information is never private as you would like to think it is.  

How will I know when these independent women are tired of dealing with these lame $!* %+%@!! that don't know how to treat a woman?

Originally Posted by donpoppa

time for me to remove my cell number and other email addresses.
I never got why people put their phone numbers on FB, unless you ONLY accept personal friends.
I see chicks with 2k + friends with their phone number out there.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom