Opinions on the 2006 Fire Red III's?

dhdSupreme

formerly dhd28
2006 fire red IIIs....
How is the quality compared to any previously released IIIs?
Any areas of concerns? Paint cracking, yellowing midsole?

The 01 True Blues I own have a lot of paint cracking with a yellowing heel cup. Also the air bag is a little foggy.

They sucked quality wise compared to the iii's released this year. Repainted mine once already, back tab yellowing. If I didn't like the colorway I'd probably would have sold or traded them already.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu
That's what I was afraid of. This one seems more like a novelty shoe. Of all the III colorways I only really like the fire reds and blackcements. Found a deal but I guess money's stayin in the wallet tonight.

yeh paint chips like crazy.. and the back tab yellowed a lot faster that i wouldve liked. im planning on making a restoration video for my fire red 3s haha so ima see how it goes.

the paint cracks like no ones business, other than that any other complaints are due to storage of the shoe up to this time

Cracking is very bad on Fire Red III's. However, if they do release again in the future which they probably will, you can expect a heck of a lot better quaility then the ones from 06/07. Fire Red III's are definitely a great colorway and could be in my top 3 colorways for the III's iin my honest opinion.

The paint chips a lot in the midsole, and the back part yellows a TON. it sucks, i traded mine for some white/cements.

The best part is you can find them for cheap if your handy with a paintbrush and an iron. I bought a denali north face jacket worn 1x, and some fire red III's on hypebeast for $60 shipped. Repainted them and they haven't cracked, wear them at least once a week too.

The paint chips on them , and the heel tab yellows . Only real problem with them , im just guessing it's how you take care of them .

They sucked quality wise compared to the iii's released this year. Repainted mine once already, back tab yellowing. If I didn't like the colorway I'd probably would have sold or traded them already.

Are you serious? Material is way better then any III's this year. Only flaw is the paint chipping off on the midsole but thats it.

Originally Posted by Benssick

Are you serious? Material is way better then any III's this year. Only flaw is the paint chipping off on the midsole but thats it.
Well, that's the fact. While the 2006 Fire red III's had quite good leather but crappy midsole paintjob, the 2011 III's have better paintjobs but the leather feels less good and often have that oily look.

Back
Top Bottom