Option to choose fate or destiny??

1st and foremost let's not turn this into a religious thread.

do you think you have the option to determine the outcome of your life or do u think that everything happens for a reason and that everything that happens in your life is mapped out and planned ?

Im sure most of you would like it so that the choices u make in life control your destiny...but somethings happen that are out of our control...so does that mean that everything is planned out by an omnipotent entity?

this is always something ive thought about, so im very interested to see some of the answers, as for me, i couldnt even say, i honestly dont know which one i believe

There's been too many events in my life that lead me to believe in a predetermined fate, and that there's no such thing as 'free will.' The paths can differ, but the end is the same.

I always say everything happens for a reason.

but i also believe we reap what we sow.

I also believe i choose and determine my own fate.

whatever makes me feel better at the moment (to explain something) is what i believe in at that moment. (i think i heard one of the NTers say thats what religion does...gives an explanation for the unexplained that helps you get through "it")

Destiny is an allusion, people use that to make themselves feel better when they +**+ up. How you going to say "this happened for a reason" every time things go wrong? Come on. Your in control of your life.

If life was planned out for each and every person, I'd like to meet the person who planned my life out and ask them, "Why?!"

I think everythings planned out. we think we have free will because we don't know what's gonna happen yet

Everything happens for a reason but most of the time, we don't know why and probably can't ever figure it out.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Destiny is an allusion, people use that to make themselves feel better when they +**+ up. How you going to say "this happened for a reason" every time things go wrong? Come on. Your in control of your life.

what if you get drafted to war and lose all of your limbs?, or get in to a car ACCIDENT and become paralyzed. These are life changing situations so how much control do we have on our lives??

Back
Top Bottom