Original Air Jordan VI White/ InfraRed Black vs Air Jordan 6 Retro White/ VarsityRed Black

Looking at them side by side, there isn't much of a difference. One is slightly brighter than the other. It seems ridiculous the amount of debate that has been made in the last year or so over this. Basically, that part of the shoe is red. I've seen dudes with black and red VI's on the street and at first glance, you can't tell if it's varsity or infrared. The average person sees it as just plain red anyway. I'll take the varsity red pair and keep it moving. I don't see sense in feeding into the hype over a hue of a shoe..smh..

Infrared IS better than Varsity red (imo)
Nike Air IS better than Jumpman Air (imo)
OG leather IS almost twice as thick as the retro (fact)

However, V-red is still dope -& is an OG Jordan/Bulls CW that you just can't f*** wit' 
smokin.gif

& as much as it pains an old timer like myself to say- this ain't the nineties no more ...heck, it ain't even the naughties no more...

These look great ...so far the only Jordans I want this year (X2)

IMO, varsity red is a better look. Infared is too damn bright, almost neon when you compare both.

A lot of you are insatiable. Be happy that you're getting a retro without crappy quality. The black/varsity reds were on point and these will be too. If you don't like 'em then don't buy 'em. It's simple. Myself, I'm buying three pairs. Just like the black/vreds. One to wear, one to stare, and one for another year (maybe resale).

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by El Bro

Still a pass for me. No Nike Air, No Care. More for you guys.
smile.gif

so in other words you're never going to buy another air jordan retro again? 
laugh.gif

"nike air" is a thing of the past... get used to it.
laugh.gif
I think he means on this specific model...

Originally Posted by wrukus

it might just be the newness of the varsity red's, but i like them more than the og's.  of course, i'd prefer nike air on the back, but the varsity reds look just fine.

Co-sign I'll take Varsity Red over Infrared any day but dats just my opinion!!
pimp.gif

HATE how they make the air pocket red, thats so childish, so childish. give us og clear JB, IDIOTS!!!

I will be copping the white/varsity pair no question.

I've been waiting for these to drop...just wish the lace lock was red and not black.

pimp.gif
nice side by side comparison

IMO, the varsity red actually looks slightly better than the original infra red VI (in terms of the hue)

However, the black infra red VI completely annihilates the black varsity red VI

whats with the retro tongue? looks frayed on the seems...
ohwell.gif

otherwise, I like them...but if infareds release I will really be happy!

Originally Posted by beh235

Looking at them side by side, there isn't much of a difference. One is slightly brighter than the other. It seems ridiculous the amount of debate that has been made in the last year or so over this. Basically, that part of the shoe is red. I've seen dudes with black and red VI's on the street and at first glance, you can't tell if it's varsity or infrared. The average person sees it as just plain red anyway. I'll take the varsity red pair and keep it moving. I don't see sense in feeding into the hype over a hue of a shoe..smh..

Those are looking more and more fresh every time I see them. I'd originally planned on passing, but I think I'm going to come up now.

Originally Posted by wrukus

it might just be the newness of the varsity red's, but i like them more than the og's.  of course, i'd prefer nike air on the back, but the varsity reds look just fine.

lets smoke some more crack i can still feel some brain cells twitching

Back
Top Bottom