"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Use code “BMR50” for 50% off on Saucony.

The code is applicable towards the ESpeed 2s and Pro2s! Not sure if I want another Campfire EPro2 or opt for the Speed2 instead lol

Not sure if I want to pull the trigger on the Sky+ now or wait for better cws.

I’m also looking forward to the Ekiden Magic Speed 2, but I don’t think we’ll see those until Winter lol

Not sure if I want to pull the trigger on the Sky+ now or wait for better cws.

I’m also looking forward to the Ekiden Magic Speed 2, but I don’t think we’ll see those until Winter lol

I'm that way with the Edge+. Will probably try later this year when a different color comes out. Got the Sky+ inbound.

Welp my size sold out for the Sky+. I guess I’ll wait for a cw that I’m completely certain about.

:rofl:
You're gonna enjoy them a lot though. And hey, if you like them enough, you can always double up when a better colorway comes out :smile:
Got my GR3s yesterday and took them out for a run...surprised at how much difference the FF Blast+ makes compared to the GR1! Much softer and less rigid midsole with a really comfortable and smooth ride. I can see these getting a lot of usage this summer.

Got my GR3s yesterday and took them out for a run...surprised at how much difference the FF Blast+ makes compared to the GR1! Much softer and less rigid midsole with a really comfortable and smooth ride. I can see these getting a lot of usage this summer.
It's really pretty sublime and helps the ride out a lot on longer miles. I ran a 12 miler in them Monday and legs didn't feel too bad afterwards :smile:

It's really pretty sublime and helps the ride out a lot on longer miles. I ran a 12 miler in them Monday and legs didn't feel too bad afterwards :smile:
Even the regular FlyteFoam layer seems to be a softer formulation than the GR1. It really feels great on-foot.

It's my daily trainer of the year so far. Such a sleeper shoe as well with the somewhat boring blue colorway.

Asics has the GR3 B/W colorway on their site. I think I am going to try to wait a little longer. Really hope the green pair would come out soon.

My Adios Pro 3s just showed up and I tried them on. Wider midsole and softer Lighstrike Pro and feels a little more stable than the 2, especially in the forefoot and midfoot. The new rod configuration also seems to help reduce that twisting sensation at midfoot. Also, the ultra-aggresive bevel up front is really noticeable even when standing or walking around.

My Adios Pro 3s just showed up and I tried them on. Wider midsole and softer Lighstrike Pro and feels a little more stable than the 2, especially in the forefoot and midfoot. The new rod configuration also seems to help reduce that twisting sensation at midfoot. Also, the ultra-aggresive bevel up front is really noticeable even when standing or walking around.

Nice! I'm stoked. If you go for a run in them, please report back. Was my favorite super shoe of last year and I'm curious to see how its been updated :smile:

via Reddit

3D9F668B-CFB8-444D-AE21-DFE4B652D805.jpeg

Can anyone in here with both confirm?

Nice! I'm stoked. If you go for a run in them, please report back. Was my favorite super shoe of last year and I'm curious to see how its been updated :smile:
Took them out on a 4 mile run yesterday and while it's not dramatically different from the 2, if you liked the 2, there's a good chance you'll like the 3 even more.

Pros (so far): More and softer Lightstrike Pro, forefoot geometry feels a little more propulsive (possibly a lot more propulsive for people who are legit fast), increased stability due to wider midsole and (probably) the re-designed carbon rods
Cons (so far): Like the Takumi Sen 8, the upper feels kinda crude compared to their peers both in terms of the preciseness of the fit and comfort/materials. The 3 fits similar to the 2, but I think the heel area is a little more dialed in and the toebox is a little more accommodating width-wise, but also feels more shallow than the 2, though this might be because the 3 has an overlay over the toebox to the tip of the shoe that the 2 doesn't have. On my right shoe, the overlay would sometimes pinch the top of my right big toe on toe-off. Hopefully it'll go away as the upper breaks in, or it's gonna be annoying.

Took them out on a 4 mile run yesterday and while it's not dramatically different from the 2, if you liked the 2, there's a good chance you'll like the 3 even more.

Pros (so far): More and softer Lightstrike Pro, forefoot geometry feels a little more propulsive (possibly a lot more propulsive for people who are legit fast), increased stability due to wider midsole and (probably) the re-designed carbon rods
Cons (so far): Like the Takumi Sen 8, the upper feels kinda crude compared to their peers both in terms of the preciseness of the fit and comfort/materials. The 3 fits similar to the 2, but I think the heel area is a little more dialed in and the toebox is a little more accommodating width-wise, but also feels more shallow than the 2, though this might be because the 3 has an overlay over the toebox to the tip of the shoe that the 2 doesn't have. On my right shoe, the overlay would sometimes pinch the top of my right big toe on toe-off. Hopefully it'll go away as the upper breaks in, or it's gonna be annoying.
As much as I like my takumis, the upper is definitely an issue. Still looking forward to trying the adios pro.

Still waiting on RRS to ship my sky+. Was hoping to bring them in upcoming trip, but might have to just bring Streakfly’s because they’re the lightest and take the least amount of space haha.

As much as I like my takumis, the upper is definitely an issue. Still looking forward to trying the adios pro.

Still waiting on RRS to ship my sky+. Was hoping to bring them in upcoming trip, but might have to just bring Streakfly’s because they’re the lightest and take the least amount of space haha.
The upper on the 3 is not quite as rough and plasticky as the Takumi, but it still lags behind the uppers on Nike, Saucony, NB, and Asics' race shoes.

The upper on the 3 is not quite as rough and plasticky as the Takumi, but it still lags behind the uppers on Nike, Saucony, NB, and Asics' race shoes.

Sounds really encouraging overall! The upper on the Adios Pro 2 was kinda just ok overall, if this is any better I’ll be more than happy

Going to be trying out the newest innovation from On Running, their subscription based, made from beans, 100% recyclable-Cloudneo. They gave out a code for the first 3 months free as a thank you for jumping on board early.
2CA6D961-50CD-4BAE-AACC-7518D94C23F6.jpeg

Specs: Approx 255g
Stack height 33mm
Heel drop 9mm

Going to be trying out the newest innovation from On Running, their subscription based, made from beans, 100% recyclable-Cloudneo. They gave out a code for the first 3 months free as a thank you for jumping on board early.
2CA6D961-50CD-4BAE-AACC-7518D94C23F6.jpeg

Specs: Approx 255g
Stack height 33mm
Heel drop 9mm
…beans?

Back
Top Bottom