"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

16316812531413557913794637280167.jpg

Size 9.5 Prime X. Size 10 Next%, just about same thumbs width.

I still have a size 10 prime x white/orange, runs a tad bit long.

7 miles done for my first run in the boston 10 and unlike most, i actually like the shoe.

the midsole is definitely on the firm side, but i already expected that with the amount of regular light strike used, but can feel it getting softer as i break them in.

shoe rewards being a forefoot striker and honestly loved how it felt when i picked up the pace. can’t see myself using this on an easy/slow day, but i’ll have to give it some more testing and wait to see how the midsole feels after being broken in. for now i’ll most likely use these for my tempo/workout days

legs also feel real good post run despite firmer shoes usually beating up my legs
0D4B80AF-512E-42A4-9C8A-9E5211BB8C77.jpeg

Does the prime x feel unstable?
As a midfoot striker, I didnt notice it during strides or while turning on street corners, I was cautious though. But, I did notice it was wobbly while walking, these may not work for heel strikers.

Needing some wide stability shoes for easy days.

When did NB get rid of healthcare professionals for Id.me?

Anyone able to oop me a code from NB?

all I see is:
If you’re in one of the following groups, simply verify your affiliation using ID.me to receive your unique promo code.

• Military members
  • First responders
  • Nurses
  • Teachers
  • College students

Needing some wide stability shoes for easy days.

When did NB get rid of healthcare professionals for Id.me?

Anyone able to oop me a code from NB?

all I see is:
If you’re in one of the following groups, simply verify your affiliation using ID.me to receive your unique promo code.

• Military members
  • First responders
  • Nurses
  • Teachers
  • College students
They limit a boat pod of things you can’t get with discounts also.

7 miles done for my first run in the boston 10 and unlike most, i actually like the shoe.

the midsole is definitely on the firm side, but i already expected that with the amount of regular light strike used, but can feel it getting softer as i break them in.

shoe rewards being a forefoot striker and honestly loved how it felt when i picked up the pace. can’t see myself using this on an easy/slow day, but i’ll have to give it some more testing and wait to see how the midsole feels after being broken in. for now i’ll most likely use these for my tempo/workout days

legs also feel real good post run despite firmer shoes usually beating up my legs
0D4B80AF-512E-42A4-9C8A-9E5211BB8C77.jpeg
I’m in the same boat. Definitely rewarding for forefoot striker and as firm as it is, wasn’t sore after.
DA0F62E4-F09A-4EFE-97AD-FC8DFC33E8CB.jpeg

Nice redesign, looks much better than the current model. Not tried the Hyperion yet but might give the 2 a go.

and speaking of metaspeeds, whats the difference between the SKY and EDGE and why are they both $250? its not enough they have similar names and practically identical looks, they got to match the price too?

1632079779949.png

1632079787201.png

dont even know how much BS are in these descriptions but one is for people who run on cadence while the other is for stride?

The METASPEED™ Sky racing shoe moves you towards a sound mind and a new personal best. It's designed to help you go faster by extending your stride length. Stride-style runners take a longer stride once they start increasing their speed, but their cadence primarily remains consistent. Thanks to an energetic midsole foam and a propulsive carbon plate, runners wearing these shoes will be able to conserve more energy while maintaining their pace at the later stages of the race.

The METASPEED™ Edge racing shoe moves you towards a sound mind and new personal best. It helps you go faster by extending your stride length while allowing you to control your pace more easily. Cadence-style runners change cadence easier as they run faster. Runners wearing these shoes will be able to start fast and finish faster, thanks to the energetic midsole foam and a propulsive carbon plate. These components allow them to elongate their stride and conserve more energy while controlling their pace.

The only difference is the stack height between the two. It would make the most sense for the Edge to be slightly cheaper, but ASICS thinks otherwise

D192DA32-A79C-477B-BC5B-3AC03D50590F.jpeg

DAB37AEF-E26F-4284-A312-C9DD230697CF.jpeg

Definitely opting for the Sky though.

The only difference is the stack height between the two. It would make the most sense for the Edge to be slightly cheaper, but ASICS thinks otherwise

D192DA32-A79C-477B-BC5B-3AC03D50590F.jpeg

DAB37AEF-E26F-4284-A312-C9DD230697CF.jpeg

Definitely opting for the Sky though.
I mean from a marketing perspective, it makes sense why they are priced the same, even though one has less foam. But I'd get the Sky too and haven't seen anyone in the Edge in the wild. Just Skys, which I've seen at least 7-10 of around San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom