"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

pulled my calf playing basketball….. has any runners on here dealt with calf injures?

Any tips on recovery? I am thinking if I get a max cushion running shoe it might ease the recovery

Give it at least until you’re walking painfree before you start a run. Stretching is the worst thing you can do right now, a strain is caused by it already being over lengthened. When you return to running, I’d recommend a calf compression sleeve and a higher drop running shoe. 8-10mm will also reduce load in your calves.

Give it at least until you’re walking painfree before you start a run. Stretching is the worst thing you can do right now, a strain is caused by it already being over lengthened. When you return to running, I’d recommend a calf compression sleeve and a higher drop running shoe. 8-10mm will also reduce load in your calves.

Dealing with same issue. Came up gimpy couple weeks back on a run, took about two weeks off to recovery, went for a 9 mile run saturday and had the pain come back and didn't help that buddy decided we needed to go sub 6 for last mile. Have sleeve coming in to aid healing and taking time off by going on bike. Just icing the hell out of calf whenever I can.

pulled my calf playing basketball….. has any runners on here dealt with calf injures?

Any tips on recovery? I am thinking if I get a max cushion running shoe it might ease the recovery
Get a massage gun and use it religiously until your calf is better also!

Speaking of massage guns, I’ve been using/testing the NEX pro for a couple days now. Battery life is about the same as the regular NEX. It definitely feels stronger than the OG, IMO. I still use the OG ones (I have two) and rotate. If the PRO was to have a another deep discount (~$60-70), I’d grab another.

Speaking of massage guns, I’ve been using/testing the NEX pro for a couple days now. Battery life is about the same as the regular NEX. It definitely feels stronger than the OG, IMO. I still use the OG ones (I have two) and rotate. If the PRO was to have a another deep discount (~$60-70), I’d grab another.
You never responded to the charging stand on the Pro. Is it better because of the flat bottom unlike the standard one? It’s my biggest gripe.

was browsing adidas.com and the primeX is showing a new colorway, but the pics are broken:

Similar colorway as the ambition & takumisen8:
1637727758004.png

RW has the takumi sen 8 with specs (release 12/15):

2nd colorway for the takumi sen 8:

Last edited:
Saucony x White Mountaineering Endorphin Pro 2 40% off think it's a few hours to go. Got them for 126 but may be cheaper for US folk with VAT deducted.

Code: BF40RUNNERS

You never responded to the charging stand on the Pro. Is it better because of the flat bottom unlike the standard one? It’s my biggest gripe.

It's definitely more stable. I didn't have a big issue with the OG one. You can actually charge the OG NEX on the NEX Pro stand. However, the PRO cannot be charged on the OG stand.

Also Saucony came through with a 30% code! Check your email for your personalized code. Finally scooped up the Chicago ES2 as donors for these

(Batch XII) Saucony Jazz OG X Endorphin Speed - Mummy.jpg

New Balance is replacing the RC Elite v2 with the SuperComp Elite v3 (SC Elite for short).
They were super close to releasing it with a BOA lacing system, but opted using traditional laces instead.
Here’s an image I made resembling what the SC Elite 3 BOA looks like:

Anyone mess with asics? How are they compared to hoka cliftons? Specifically gel nimbus 23? Or is there a better model?

Anyone mess with asics? How are they compared to hoka cliftons? Specifically gel nimbus 23? Or is there a better model?

nimbus, cumulus and kayano are basically their legacy shoes that do well but don’t have much of an exciting factor to them.

personally i think their best shoe right now would be the novablast. good everyday shoe that is well cushioned and provides lots of bounce

might be time to try these out… tts?

20% cashback via rakuten too

Last edited:
Lots of new kicks on display in TX today! Sheeeeeeeeesh!
yeah it’s the annual running event expo out there so expect to see all the upcoming kicks for the next year to show up. sucks how most of them aren’t slated till release towards the second half of 22, but lots of nice stuff to look forward to

It seems the EP3 has wider forefoot. Excited to try them out.

Got my eye on the upcoming NB FC Rebel v3.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.24.56 PM.png

Hoping for softer but smooth responsive ride on the upcoming Hoka Carbon X3
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.25.16 PM.png

Last edited:
It seems the EP3 has wider forefoot. Excited to try them out.

Got my eye on the upcoming NB FC Rebel v3.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.24.56 PM.png

Hoping for softer but smooth responsive ride on the upcoming Hoka Carbon X3
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.25.16 PM.png
I think RoadTrailRun confirmed with Hoka that the Carbon X3 and Tecton X have supercritical EVA so it should be softer, bouncier and lighter!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom