"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Anyone know when the next drop for Adidas Adios Pro will be? On their app it still shows Oct 14, which I'm pretty sure is for last year 2020...

Anyone try the adidas takumi sen 7 yet? Just saw the adizero prime is back. May have to pick up both

with it being the new year now and technically an "olympic year" if it doesn't end up getting cancelled/pushed, what are your guy's prediction for the running shoe brands/competition this year?

with everything that came out the past year, i don't expect anything huge to come onto the scene from the big brands with the exception of adidas hopefully building from the momentum/success of the adios pro.

i think adidas will capitalize on the lightstrike pro and its success in the adios pro in 2020 races and from the leaks we've seen, i'm anticipating them to have a lot of great shoes this year. additionally, i think asics should have some good stuff on hand with their "lite" series, novablast 2 and the metaracer proto shoe, so expecting good options from them as well.

seeing how saucony had such a great year in 2020 and is just making minor adjustments to the endorphin line, i don't expect to see anything drastic, just them continuing to push out great shoes. i kinda see the same going for brooks and hoka as well from what we've seen so far. real excited for the hoka mach 4 and maybe we'll see an overhaul to both the rincon and clifton by the end of the year.

nike has a lot to be excited with the vomero 15/16, peg 38, invincible, infinity 2 and next % 2, but im honestly not going crazy over this lineup. just curious to try out the zoomx in the invincible and vomero

lastly with some sleeper brands, looks like puma is trying to get back into the game and i guess there's rumors that molly seidel is leaving saucony and joining puma? will be interesting to see what they have in stored. reebok and their floatride stuff is great for the price so will definitely pick up more of their stuff on discount. and the atreyu artist will be fun to run in once they start shipping out the preorders

I thought Seidel said Saucony didn't renew her contract and it's pretty much confirmed she's on Puma. Puma is spending $$$ on building their roster in running, basketball, football/soccer, etc. Definitely a brand trying to make quick moves. Reebok is probably going to stagnate for a while until Adi sells them off and then...?

I thought Seidel said Saucony didn't renew her contract and it's pretty much confirmed she's on Puma. Puma is spending $$$ on building their roster in running, basketball, football/soccer, etc. Definitely a brand trying to make quick moves. Reebok is probably going to stagnate for a while until Adi sells them off and then...?

didn't really see anything about her confirming the leave of saucony, but if so, does seem like a big missed opportunity on saucony's end, but im very open to more competition since it gives us more options to choose from

not sure what reebok is going to do exactly, but stuff for this year should have already been in the works since last year, so we should still see stuff come out, just curious to see if the new owners decide to keep running as part of the brand

376EA930-0729-42A2-867B-A4967944540D.jpeg

didn't really see anything about her confirming the leave of saucony, but if so, does seem like a big missed opportunity on saucony's end, but im very open to more competition since it gives us more options to choose from

Supposedly she turned down 200k per year for 4 years from Saucony for the Puma offer, so assume they're paying her quite a bit more or perhaps more guaranteed money.

200K for 4 years isn’t much money! But I guess in women’s running it might be.
It was 200k per year, so 800k in total but no idea if that included criteria she had to hit etc. I saw the founder of LetsRun share that info.

thats a lot of money from one brand sponsor, id imagine she's got another dozen or so other sponsors as well

there's probably bonuses for wins and certain places too

Yeah I read it wrong. I though that was for 4 years and not per year. Good money for running all day.

The amount of money after taxes that you spend on healthcare, insurance, nonsponsored equipment, training, travel, and races adds up though. $200k doesn't feel like a whole lot for a pro athlete.

The amount of money after taxes that you spend on healthcare, insurance, nonsponsored equipment, training, travel, and races adds up though. $200k doesn't feel like a whole lot for a pro athlete.

its isn't much, but assuming an athlete is to be sponsored by those big named footwear/sportswear brand, i would have go think that part of the deal includes them cover most of those costs. this also makes me assume that the whole insurance stuff might be covered by the brand too since they could technically be "employed" and receive the benefits that the company offers

considering health, injuries and all that stuff, im happy for any athlete that is able to secure the bag

Back
Top Bottom