"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Ran in my Pegasus 37s again today after using my Infinity Reacts, my legs felt a lot more fatigued and I was exhausted. Even had to stop running because my knee started hurting. Not sure if it's the shoes but I think I'm leaving the pegasus line to just errand shoes.

I think you made the right call. I’m looking at shoes for my long run tomorrow and automatically not picking the More v3 because it’s going to be sweltering. It’s a fantastic shoe otherwise and I plan to get a lot of use out of it in the Fall and Winter! The Clifton 8 has done quite well in hot conditions so far.
I have similar thoughts about the invincibles. I reserve them for cooler mornings or rainy days. They run warm too. The same goes for just about every trail shoe I own.

More v3. More energetic midsole, better rocker. The upper is a bit warm though. One other option is the just released Clifton 8. It’s slightly softer/bouncier than the 7’s and feels super protective. I’m impressed so far.

5589033C-172B-4F31-90AA-65E1825F7644.jpeg
How is the fit/size? Same as the 7? I go with a wide. I'm thinking of getting a 2nd pair of 7's but debating if I should just buy an 8.

Awesome. What was your role?

I work on the server-side engineering at Strava -- would love to hear any feedback from NTers!

also was looking to get the Endo trails. Great looking shoe, but will probably stay away after hearing those comments...

Ended up picking up the Brooks Aurora as a fun experiment this week.

I would think with the Flyplate/CF plate, it would be more geared toward more running, no?

Then again, the MountainFly essentially has an identical set-up, which are for hiking. Has anyone trail-run or run in the MFly?

More of a hiking shoe than a trail running shoe, right?
I would think with the Flyplate/CF plate, it would be more geared toward more running, no?

Then again, the MountainFly essentially has an identical set-up, which are for hiking. Has anyone trail-run or run in the MFly?
if i’m not mistaken, there SFB stuff is meant to be more for the military type stuff so i would say more hiking than running

Ran in my Pegasus 37s again today after using my Infinity Reacts, my legs felt a lot more fatigued and I was exhausted. Even had to stop running because my knee started hurting. Not sure if it's the shoes but I think I'm leaving the pegasus line to just errand shoes.
How often do you run?
Do you do hip strength, flexibility, or glute workouts?

I’m on my feet a lot walking/standing at work. Average about 10k-12k steps on a 12hr shift. Was recommended cliffton 7s for comort. Are these good for my situation or should I look into another model of hokas or a different shoe entirely? Using ultra boost and they’ve become flat and not as comfortable.

I’m on my feet a lot walking/standing at work. Average about 10k-12k steps on a 12hr shift. Was recommended cliffton 7s for comort. Are these good for my situation or should I look into another model of hokas or a different shoe entirely? Using ultra boost and they’ve become flat and not as comfortable.
Clifton 7s should be fine for your use case. If you want even deeper cushioning, you should also check out the Hoka Bondi series. But also check out the Nike ZoomX Invincible and New Balance Fresh Foam More V3. All very comfy shoes for being on your feet all day.

Got my mom set up with some new work kicks with the Endorphin Shift in the Icon colorway. Hopefully she likes them, as she tried on what felt like 20 pairs of various brands across 3 stores, but never tried these on. It was a last ditch effort in hopes of them fitting properly for her, & being comfortable. Couldn't pass up them being on sale & an extra 15% off coupon.

I honestly don't like Endorphin Shift. Too firm even for walking. But maybe your mom will like it.

Mr Dink Mr Dink How's your feedback on the Brooks Aurora? Tempted to pull the trigger since I have $30 reward with FF.

I honestly don't like Endorphin Shift. Too firm even for walking. But maybe your mom will like it.

I almost returned my pair after my first couple runs because they were so firm, but around 20 miles into the shoe they broke in nicely and became a favorite of mine for long runs. They’ll never be a “soft” shoe but they definitely open up.

CF NB Trainer shoe - Lerato for $225 :sick:.....at least with that kind of price point, please try to make the shoes looks appealing
mleragg_nb_02_i

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.13.47 AM.png

CF NB Trainer shoe - Lerato for $225 :sick:.....at least with that kind of price point, please try to make the shoes looks appealing
mleragg_nb_02_i

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.13.47 AM.png
I think it's supposed to be a forward-thinking 99x and very plush/premium, which helps explain the price (in part due to the use of a CF plate). I don't understand how the plate matters for this shoe except to add to the price and its hefty weight--a hair under 12 oz

Back
Top Bottom