"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

B blancourouge yep! I should have them around the 22nd, so I can post in hand pics & initial thoughts.

From their website:
PA11, widely known as Rilsan® It’s an exceptionally strong performance plastic that can be recycled over and over and over again thanks to its durability and high quality. PA11 is engineered from the beans of a castor plant, and castor plants are kind of a big deal. They grow in very dry, sparse landscapes where little else can survive (bad*ss beans). Harvesting castor beans doesn’t take away land from agriculture-dependant communities, in fact it does the opposite – it provides new opportunities (virtuous beans)

We’ve already been using PA11 in our Speedboards® for a few years and it's shown outstanding performance results. But the Cloudneo running shoe is the first time we’ve managed to engineer an upper from it too. The breathable knit, reinforced sections, heat-pressed eyelets and soft but durable laces? All PA11. And topping it off, an ultralight highly responsive foam underfoot from the Pebax® family too.

The Cloudneo is 100% recyclable. Better yet, the materials can be recycled together. No complicated separation and no need to exhaust finite resources. Just high-quality performance and an efficient optimized process (very Swiss) to keep the materials in use infinitely.

Going to be trying out the newest innovation from On Running, their subscription based, made from beans, 100% recyclable-Cloudneo. They gave out a code for the first 3 months free as a thank you for jumping on board early.
2CA6D961-50CD-4BAE-AACC-7518D94C23F6.jpeg

Specs: Approx 255g
Stack height 33mm
Heel drop 9mm

did they send you that email recently for the free 3 months? jumped on it myself last year when they first announced it and been dead silent on my end ever since

S sssstan yeah, they sent it June 16th. They also sent out a heads up email on June 13th with the title: Get ready for a more sustainable running experience. If that helps your search on your email client.

Sorry for the delay in response, got hella sidetracked from when I hit like on your comment, to searching my email, to 100 other things, haha.

Regret not scooping up the Sky+s when I had the multple chances... :smh:. I scooped up two more EPro2s from Saucony with that BMR50 code to ease the pain lol

I happened to run across these, and out of sheer curiosity, I ordered a pair. Adidas Adistar CS. Supposedly a softer, more stable version of the first Adistar.

Attachments

• Adidas-Adistar-CS-GX4814-GY1699-release-date-003.jpg
    Adidas-Adistar-CS-GX4814-GY1699-release-date-003.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 96
I happened to run across these, and out of sheer curiosity, I ordered a pair. Adidas Adistar CS. Supposedly a softer, more stable version of the first Adistar.

I run in Adistar. I like it. I find it has smooth ride, stable, roomy toe area, and surprisingly not too firm. Well I land on mid/fore foot, so I don't feel the firmness from the heel area. Especially I got it for $65 shipped off Adidas ebay store, I aint complaining :lol: . I am going to wait until the CS one is on-sale too. That black/green color is what I'm aiming for.

I run in Adistar. I like it. I find it has smooth ride, stable, roomy toe area, and surprisingly not too firm. Well I land on mid/fore foot, so I don't feel the firmness from the heel area. Especially I got it for $65 shipped off Adidas ebay store, I aint complaining :lol: . I am going to wait until the CS one is on-sale too. That black/green color is what I'm aiming for.

I had the first Adistar and ended up sending them back. Unfortunately for me, that rock hard heel cup was a dealbreaker. Other than that, the cushioning was a little on the firm side but not bad, and the wide platform made them plenty stable. I can see this new one doesn't have that heel cup anymore, so we'll see how it is.

EP3 out in the UK now. Waiting for a more masculine colourway myself though :wink:

Sounds really encouraging overall! The upper on the Adios Pro 2 was kinda just ok overall, if this is any better I’ll be more than happy

At the 10:30 mark, you'll see what I was experiencing with my right shoe, though not as bad as Kieran did with his left shoe

At the 10:30 mark, you'll see what I was experiencing with my right shoe, though not as bad as Kieran did with his left shoe

I watched this earlier today, it’s the same sort of setup as the Prime X I think, which fortunately I had no issue with

I watched this earlier today, it’s the same sort of setup as the Prime X I think, which fortunately I had no issue with
My issue may not be the eyelet; it's more the overlay above my big toe and the way it folds up on toe-off. I may try to work that area in a bit to see if I can get it to fold differently.

Attachments

• Pro3.jpg
    Pro3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 398
My issue may not be the eyelet; it's more the overlay above my big toe and the way it folds up on toe-off. I may try to work that area in a bit to see if I can get it to fold differently.

Interesting. Hopefully you get it resolved!

EPro3s are on the Saucony as “Coming Soon”

Mid August is the launch for the ESpeed3s. I’m waiting on those instead.

So glad there's more than just the pink at launch!

I see they finally have the Tempus "coming soon" as well. I believe it's July 1st on those.

Anyone know or seen any eta on the Magic Speed 2?

Last news I saw said September, but that might be outdated. Just an FYI for anyone interested in the Metaspeed Sky+, I got my TTS and up half a size (11.5 and 12). The 11.5 fits perfectly with pretty much a full thumbs width from my big toe to the end of the shoe. I was up half a size to get the same fit in the regular Sky

Last news I saw said September, but that might be outdated. Just an FYI for anyone interested in the Metaspeed Sky+, I got my TTS and up half a size (11.5 and 12). The 11.5 fits perfectly with pretty much a full thumbs width from my big toe to the end of the shoe. I was up half a size to get the same fit in the regular Sky
Still annoyed that RRS hasn’t shipped out my pair yet. Called them multiple times and they’re having a payment error on their end because they recently started charging tax on every state now. So my order got caught in their limbo so it’s literally sitting in inventory waiting to ship out.

Does anyone have a working runningwarehouse code? The one club one had I had stopped working about a month ago.
Nevermind -- found a working one. If anyone needs it let me know via DM. Don't want to keep publicly spreading it and having RW find out about it.

Back to square one -- code dead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom