Otto Warmbier (N. Korea prisoner) dies

It's an unfortunate situation, but he only had himself to blame. It's not like anyone is surprised about one of the strictest governments in the world cracking down on something trivial like stealing a poster.
Not to mention the fact that you are willingly supporting NK financially by going there. 

Nothing excuses what happened to him. Stealing a poster doesn't justify getting beaten up like that.

But as mentioned in the article earlier posted, American prisoners are usually a good bargaining chip for North Korea.

He must've really pissed them off by running his mouth or something for them to beat the breaks off him when that hasn't been the case with prior American prisoners.

Sad to say but he probably went out there with that typical American tourist arrogance, and thinking his "I'm an American" card would get him out scot free.

Poor judgement on his end in that respect.

My homies went to Columbia and almost got got by the narcos. Like why would you do that, it was just him and my other boy and they arent Columbian, although one of them spoke Spanish but still.

Cant be acting boss like youre on your home turf, dudes out there dont play.

Last edited:
My homies went to Columbia and almost got got by the narcos. Like why would you do that, it was just him and my other boy and they arent Columbian, although one of them spoke Spanish but still.

This reminds me of a story I heard from my cousins brother in law. His friend got into a fight in mexico (could've been TJ) and ended up punching a cop In the process.

Anyways he was detained for months or weeks and his family paid the cops off. I don't know how much but he ended up coming back with hepatitis.

Its like that everywhere in the world. Like you said you not on home turf, you gotta be humble and respectful and also realize home is a long ways away.

I remember we had a lil scuffle years ago with some guys from ATL. They coulda been the man where they from for all we knew but the A is a long ways from Toronto. They didnt know anyone or where anything was, it was our home court. We even told em... Atlantas a long trip from here so humble yourselves.

Its like that everywhere in the world. Like you said you not on home turf, you gotta be humble and respectful and also realize home is a long ways away.

Word. A bunch of my homies went to TJ about 10 years ago and on the way back to the US, they held two of them up until they showed proof of their birth certificates or paid $500 each.

The other guys called their parents when they crossed over for a copy but they were being giving the runaround so much that they eventually just paid the money after a whole day :smh:

Last edited:
I've heard that in parts Central America and Asia you can bride officials if you get jammed up - mostly where the US dollar is strong but still that is a gamble in itself. Even when I was recently in Greece, a country that isn't even remotely noted for its mistreatment of tourists I made sure to be respectful of everyone I talked to or interacted with. Now days you just never know.

But in regards to this story...I was reading that the tour company he used, Young Pioneer Tours is known as the party and drinking tour company. The head tour guide and founder of the company is known for his heavy drinking, partying and pushing the limits when it comes to interaction with North Koreans. The company claims they have few, if any incidents up until Otto was arrested but when you act reckless in one of the most dangerous countries in the world you playing with a loaded gun. Only gonna be a matter of time.

I haven't read much of why Otto was arrested but if we was caught trying to steal a North Korean flag out of his hotel you asking for trouble. Like many have mentioned in here - you are on there turf and playing by there rules. Be respectful, courtesy, and aware of your surroundings and he would be home right now. You act dumb things like that will happen.

I know a dude who went to a bar/pub in Ireland and was talking mess. Dude has irreversible brain damage now.

I haven't read much of why Otto was arrested but if we was caught trying to steal a North Korean flag out of his hotel you asking for trouble. Like many have mentioned in here - you are on there turf and playing by there rules. Be respectful, courtesy, and aware of your surroundings and he would be home right now. You act dumb things like that will happen.

Watch the vid I posted above with the "video footage" of him "ripping down" the poster and his statement after. It's just not adding up for me, unless there's actual footage of him in the airport or whatever getting his bags inspected?

I went to Vegas one time for a bachelors party and there was a UFC fight going on. We went to some bar off the strip and it was wild AF in there. One of the grooms homies
Was drunk and talking shiiiiii to some dude in the bar who barely spoke english. And I had to pull him to the side and tell him to look at his ears.

5-Randy.jpg

You ain't messing with a dude who's Brazilian and has ears that look like that, especially during a UFC event. Smh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom