Outdoor basketball courts in Cerritos?

Hey guys, anyone know of any decent outdoor courts in Cerritos? Heritage sucks and thats all I know. Looking for something with atleast HS regulation sized courts, none of those small @#%$ courts that are barely 50 ft long. Any help would be appreciated.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Central Park in La Palma
24 Hour Fitness in Cypress
El Dorado Park in Long Beach
Mile Square in Fountain Valley
Liberty in Cerritos (1/2 court only, I believe)

And a question:

What does it matter if a court is not regulation sized (I don't mean rim)? Especially if you are getting in runs?

Or Something.

Whenever I'm there I'm either at Boyar or at Mayfair
TEAM UTAH JAZZ
Araujo - Boozer - Brewer - Brown - Collins - Fisher
Giricek - Harpring - Kirilenko - Miles - Millsap - Okur - Williams

i hate playing on smallish courts cause you cant get a good run in. If youre playing pickup and with people you dont know, its tough to get into a groove and telegraph where youre teammate is gonna be, or try to run anything remotely close to a set play. Crappy defenders can drop into a zone, and since the court is so small, its extremely difficult to break the zone even if the defending team doesnt run a good zone defense. Due to the reduced person:sq ft ratio, you cant really stretch a zone, even with outside jumpers, and if you go inside its like trying to break arm tackles since most of these cats dont know how to play defense so they just E Honda hundred hand slap you as you make a move to the bucket.

UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

you can go down to artesia park. a lot of space. ... heritege is small but there are a few people there that are well known throughout a few cities. like Ryan Reyes now in Philippines playing for PBL. skills are good, but the only thing is courts are a bit smaller.

Word!

Quote:
heritege is small but there are a few people there that are well known throughout a few cities. like Ryan Reyes now in Philippines playing for PBL.
other :lol:
laugh.gif
===========================

heritage is ok, artesia is ok (play there sat mornings w/ the crew), central is coo also (there now and then)....
boyar (accck)....mayfair (ok, but gets packed)....
its ball...if you want real hardcore competition, gotta go to a league of somesort....

"You can play the left, cause there ain't no right in me" - Robin

thanks for all the input guys.

I kinda arbitrarily picked Cerritos because my gf's guy friends wanted to play against me and my boys and there was considerable bickering about the location. They are in Arcadia, my guys are in Huntington Beach, and Cerritos seemed to be a decent middle ground between tghe two of us.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:

hey dude.. want to go play somewhere decent go to Cal-State Long Beach. there are always a good amount of people playing and its open gym..
Word!

which gym is open to the public. womens gym by the library or the pyramid? I wonder if I can slide by with my CSULB Student ID circa 1999.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom