Outkast and their popularity

Why was/is Outkast so popular in america? If you have any verses or songs you want to back your thoughts don't be shy to post.
grin.gif

pimp.gif

Why is McDonalds so popular World wide? Cause its something on the menu for everybody..same thing can be said for Outkast...they weren't just your average group..the chemistry between the two was just amazing..two different styles but they flowed together well

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Why is McDonalds so popular World wide? Cause its something on the menu for everybody..same thing can be said for Outkast...they weren't just your average group..the chemistry between the two was just amazing..two different styles but the flowed together well

laugh.gif
 I didn't just make that question up out of nowhere. It's for a paper I'm trying to write but don't know where to start.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

So op u writing a paper on why Kast is/was popular in America
laugh.gif
 yup its "why was ____ popular in america" picked outkast cuz the teacher said it was his favorite rap group. 
wink.gif

cause they have a completely original sound (not just their rapping - the sound of their music as a whole) that no one has or will be able to imitate.

I can't speak for America, but I know I like 'Kast because they have a style that is all their own, and have truly progressed as musicians throughout the years. Even when they've had major "pop" hits (which really jump started with "The Whole World" right after Stankonia), the songs have been dope and refreshing, and didn't seem to compromise their artistic values. They're always pushing the envelope, and have managed to create some of the most interesting and exciting hip-hop of the last ten years.

I especially love their first three records, but Aquemini stands out the most to me. They were on some whole other *$$* right there, a level that most rappers couldn't dream to reach artistically.

Basically, Big Boi and Andre are two true artists in a genre where it's harder and harder to find them.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

their music transcends racial boundaries  

OP take this and build around it...also focus on the group name "Outkast"....its symbolic to alot of youth, not in a loner,misfit type of way....but in a standing out, making being different cool kinda way....

most youth connect to that, and then their music reinforces that idea....I wont say they created all orginal music but they pulled from all areas of music and made their own sound...

talk about range...Playa's Ball to Hey Ya to Rosa Parks to Elevators

Outkast
pimp.gif

Stankonia
Southernplayalistic...
ATLiens
Aquemini

smokin.gif

I personally like them because they're so different. I love the work they put together.

They weren't afraid to think outside of the box. No "rapper" would do a "B.O.B." or a "Hey Ya" or a "SpottieOttie....".

They had actual thought provoking lyrics. And not +@*$++@@. People want that a lot more than we seem to think they do.

They had original style. You need something that sets you apart from the rest. Big Boi set off the entire throwback fad (no matter what Jay Z stans tell you. Jay definitely set off the Button Ups though. Or Fabolous stans. Big Boi was more popular than both at the time) and Dre's style was clearly insane.

basically we witnessed the evolution of 2 best friends.
3000 and big boi started off at the same point and we litterally watched as one felt like trying some new stuff, while the other was content with growing bigger in the same atmosphere.
as the albums progressed, you really saw it happen cause while 3000 was rappin bout aliens, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$. when 3000 was rappin bout psychdelic images and weird thoughts, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$. when 3000 became obsessed with love and decided to make an album about it, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$.
and you couldnt get one without the other.
so if you like pimp +%*$, you get an outkast album cause big boi is one of the best MCs of all time when it comes to rappin bout pimp +%*$. and youre exposed to 3000 by default.
and vice versa.
you get an outkast album for 3000's creative genius, and youre exposed to pimp +%*$ by default.

Theyre the 2 sides of your own heart.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

3000 and big boi started off at the same point and we litterally watched as one felt like trying some new stuff, while the other was content with growing bigger in the same atmosphere.
as the albums progressed, you really saw it happen cause while 3000 was rappin bout aliens, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$. when 3000 was rappin bout psychdelic images and weird thoughts, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$. when 3000 became obsessed with love and decided to make an album about it, boi was rappin bout pimp +%*$.
so if you like pimp +%*$, you get an outkast album cause big boi is one of the best MCs of all time when it comes to rappin bout pimp +%*$. and youre exposed to 3000 by default.
and vice versa.
you get an outkast album for 3000's creative genius, and youre exposed to pimp +%*$ by default.

MY MAN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vec31e.jpg

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

and vice versa.

MY MAN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vec31e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom