Outta All The Current Rappers Today Who Do You Think Has The Best Album Catalog?

Jay-Z because his catalog spans over a decade..only album that is suspect is KC..but I still get the urge to listen to it

basically rappers that are still in the light today and dont have ONE weak album

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

basically rappers that are still in the light today and dont have ONE weak album

Then its only Face (Scar or Ghost) ,Ye or Kast (If you dont count idlewild). Even artists with amazing catalogs still have at least 1 weak album (i.e. Nas)

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Then its only Face (Scar or Ghost) ,Ye or Kast (If you dont count idlewild). Even artists with amazing catalogs still have at least 1 weak album (i.e. Nas)

i wouldnt say Idlewild was a outkast album.. It was a soundtrack.. I still liked it though..

Nas.jpg

Huh??

so this thread is asking for who has the best catalog from maybe 94 to present??

if so....Jigga

umm yeah...its not Jay-z...

I would probably go with Outkast...
Those first 4 albums are monsters...

This along with the title makes this slim pickings. You aint even set a minimum for albums released.

Every rapper or rap group mentioned so far has atleast one weak album.

Most Diverse catalog... Outkast
Most Consistent... Ghostface
Most Influential... Kanye West
Stayed in his lane... Snoop

Wayne has dropped a couple of weak albums since 2000. Em, while popular has been anything but consistent unless you mean consistently annoying (that D-12 crap/his dumb singles). Jay-Z has had mainstream appeal and some very solid material, but he's also had some weak albums (Vol. 2, Kingdom Come).

Jay...."10 Number one albums in a row, maybe now 11"
Honestly out of 11 albums, only three can be counted as suspect(KC,BP2,BoBW) even though all three of those toped charts and had some of the hottest verses out, and I think people say things about BP2 because it's cool to say, cuz honestly that has someo f the hottest tracks Jay ever Tracked...
Now most diverse = 'Ye
Outkast deserves to be mentioned just becasue it's Outkast, same as T.I
KRS should als...f it this topic, there is no "best catlouge" there is no best rapper, it's all a matter of prefrence...and people don't come up in here saying Biggie because you can't be considered for best catalouge if you only have two albums...that includes Lupe as it stands. People need to stop D'riding the legends and realize that the torch has been passed...Nas, Em, Cube, NWA, Biggie, Pac, Mos Def, Talib kweli, Busta, Face, Beanie, Cam etc...just to mention them just to show how arguing over the best MC is...

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Jay...."10 Number one albums in a row, maybe now 11"
Honestly out of 11 albums, only three can be counted as suspect(KC,BP2,BoBW) even though all three of those toped charts and had some of the hottest verses out, and I think people say things about BP2 because it's cool to say, cuz honestly that has someo f the hottest tracks Jay ever Tracked...
Now most diverse = 'Ye
Outkast deserves to be mentioned just becasue it's Outkast, same as T.I
KRS should als...f it this topic, there is no "best catlouge" there is no best rapper, it's all a matter of prefrence...and people don't come up in here saying Biggie because you can't be considered for best catalouge if you only have two albums...that includes Lupe as it stands. People need to stop D'riding the legends and realize that the torch has been passed...Nas, Em, Cube, NWA, Biggie, Pac, Mos Def, Talib kweli, Busta, Face, Beanie, Cam etc...just to mention them just to show how arguing over the best MC is...

co-signed

Nas. The only person close is Jay.

Only Jay's catalog is even close to:

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
I am/Lost Tapes (the original I Am that got bootlegged had most of the Lost Tapes tracks on it)
Untitled

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

indifferent.gif
@ nobody saying snoop

c'mon son... dont even try it...
We are talking about good catalouges...Not one great album, 2 good ones, and a bunch of weed plates

Back
Top Bottom