Overpopulation is the Source of ALL our problems?

Discussion in 'General' started by milestailsprowe, Mar 3, 2009.

1. milestailsprowe

milestailsprowe

Ok heres a argument I have been thinking about for a while now. I'm wondering if any other niketalk thinks this?

As of this moment and to my knowledge we are 6.5 billion people recorded meaning that there is even more. We use 30% more resource's then the earth canreplenish. We have made it where that natural selection doesn't apply anymore. All the little disease have been cured so all thats left is the superillness's.

The Human race is so overpopulated and is still growing that we have no way of feeding and fueling all these people. This is just the 2/5 of the planet usingall the resorces. If the other 3/5 got in then it all would collapse. Think about it cause if we had HALF the amount of humans we do now then their would be noFuel, Food, Land, Energy, and resoucre shortage in the world.

2. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

Overpopulation is indeed a source, but it's not the sole cause of all the world's problems.

3. milestailsprowe

milestailsprowe

Its not a source but its the top teir reasons why we have the problems

Energy needed for all these people
    Medicine for all these people
    Land for all these people
    Water for all these people
    Jobs for all these people

we rage wars and constantly fight because the population has gottten to big for the orginal land to hold so we fight over resources to get more

4. chris boshs neck

chris boshs neck Banned

Isn't the world population slowing down or decreasing now? At least in 1st world countries?

5. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

yeah, but not all conflicts or wars are fought over resources.....

6. ericberry14

ericberry14

the SOURCE of all our problems is the inability to spell that is running rampant through our country.[​IMG]

7. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

There is no human overpopulation just mismanagement of resources.

8. milestailsprowe

milestailsprowe

slowing down cause of the recession but its still growing

9. kix4kix

kix4kix

Humans are a cancer, never done eating, and killing the environment which they inhabit. In short I agree, all of our issues stem back to overpopulation.

10. kix4kix

kix4kix

No Chris is right, eventually all population curves pop out, you can't fin any kids in countries like Italy or France, everybody is old. As countriesprogress they tend to have less children.

11. ericberry14

ericberry14

so is america not progressing?

12. korto

korto

Overpopulation is definitely a problem, but not because of the reasons listed.

If you do a bit of research, you'll find that overpopulation is a major problem in poor countries, not rich ones. Most richer/developed countries eitherhave a stable population or their population is declining (e.g. Singapore). Families in poor countries are the ones who are having lots and lots of children,because of all the problems they face. I'd love to elaborate but I have to go right now.. just try googling it or something.

13. kix4kix

kix4kix

America is about 240 years old. Pretty young still, but it depends on how you look at it. I didn't mean fiscally, I was referring to age.

14. ericberry14

ericberry14

ok i get what you're saying.

15. xtapolapacetl

xtapolapacetl Banned

If this is your logic, then how can a land like Japan with such a large population on such a small area be so wealthy while a huge country with a lowpopulation and many natural resources like Kazakhstan is poor?

16. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

Like abeautifulhaze said, it's the mismanagement of resources that's the problem. Only that could explain why Japan is more prosperous thanKazakhstan.....

17. dub 253

dub 253

18. purpheartgrapes

purpheartgrapes Banned

Quoted for extreme emphasis

19. mercutio

mercutio

If you look at this issue from an environmental standpoint, then yes, overpopulation is a MAJOR source of problems. But it's not the only source forproblems. Human mindsets, paradigms, and behaviors lead to many of the problems that we are faced with. We, as the human race, don't understand that theearth has finite resources and therefore cannot carry our ever growing species. Those in luxury will then strip the land of others, leaving them with nothing.We do this with war and economically stripping them of their resources (North American Free Trade Agreement, International Monetary Fund/World Bank). Check outthe loans that we (the US) give to other countries and how those countries spend that money. There are times when we lend countries money to buy our goods,giving it right back to us.

The news is out there:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/25/overpopulation.overview/index.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

A good site for overpopulation facts is www.populationconnection.com.

Look at the entire economic crisis, a lot of money/power is in the hands of a few and the rest of the world is suffering.

Maintenance of lifestyles (the new Sustainability) are also a major factor in terms of war, natural resources, and injustice. The United States is fighting awar in Iraq in order to secure their future oil resources. What happened to WMD's? Why was Saddam/Iraq a target when US intelligence specifically locatedal-qaeda in Afghanistan? Why was NAFTA put into place? Ever notice how most of the things that we own are made OUTSIDE of the US?

The Nikes we wear are all made outside of the United States and then shipped over here. It's done that way because it'd simply cost too much for us tomake our products here and still sell them at an affordable price point; all the while, keeping profits high. What about the people working in sweatshops forpennies an hour? What about the trash that we make from all of our goods, where does it go? But that's another discussion entirely...

If it's not informative, sorry for the rant.

20. daytona 5000

daytona 5000

Overpopulation= problem
    scientifically created diseases=solution

21. mangudai954

mangudai954

I could have sworn I just read that overpopulation is going to bea big issue here within the next some odd years.

22. craftsy21

craftsy21

actually, it can be seen that... overpopulation is the result of the world's problems, not the cause.

23. tmukg21

tmukg21 Banned

everybody want to materialistically live in same place , plenty of room to live on this Earth [​IMG]
    also agree with the mismanagement of resources statement

24. davidisgodly

davidisgodly

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, what are you going to do about it? blog about it?

25. an dee 51o

an dee 51o

They would say differently. [​IMG]