Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Not buying that he doesn't have some type of connections flowing from nike. Obviously his mom is providing something.

And why would you oust your bot means? Is Adidas really shipping 600 pairs to shoes to the same address?

Because he's a kid who wants clout and attention and doesn't realize "Hey it could make what I do exponentially more difficult if I give away how I'm making all this money".

If my moms worked at Nike and I was selling shoes like that I wouldn't want my face/name, or hers linked to anything. But that's what happens when you have Sean Wotherspoon,Twojskicks, Cool kicks etc. It's not enough to make the money they want to feel like a celebrity too.

Listen, for anyone who has ever been to PDX there are Nike people EVERYWHERE. That is a Nike town and once you get the in right circles you can meet just about anyone. Nike, is a business who is out to make a profit. They don't care where it comes from. Nike, has long forgotten the 'voice of the athlete' and instead is only focused on how to make as much profit as they can.

The older I get the less and less I care about shoes. If I can get them, great, and if not I could care less.
They been about profit.. those 80s 90s memes were all based on emotional marketing..
geniuses out there in Beaverton

Some of the posts in here about Nike only caring about profit reminds me of some of the messaging I’ve received from different employers in the past about being a publicly traded company and having certain revenue obligations to their shareholders etc

I don’t feel bad for this kid or his mom. But it blows my mind how dumb people are when it comes to what they post on socisl media.

If you got a good thing going. Don’t ruin it by clout chasing for likes and attention on social media. And that goes for anything. There’s a reason why cops love social media as well. Dumb *** amateur criminals love posting incriminating stuff on there as well.

He could’ve kept getting plugged with sneakers and all through his moms if he simply just kept a low profile.

I don’t feel bad for this kid or his mom. But it blows my mind how dumb people are when it comes to what they post on socisl media.

If you got a good thing going. Don’t ruin it by clout chasing for likes and attention on social media. And that goes for anything. There’s a reason why cops love social media as well. Dumb *** amateur criminals love posting incriminating stuff on there as well.

He could’ve kept getting plugged with sneakers and all through his moms if he simply just kept a low profile.

While that's true, some people probably feel that clout chasing is the way too get bigger and grow your audience. They want that overnight success.

The president of Nike consumer and marketplace, follows him on Instagram too :lol: they knew about it and they’re in on it. Make the product impossible to get for the retail consumer but hook up your family.

Imagine being a regular employee at Nike who follows all the strict rules about not reselling.

4A682D05-E5CB-4B49-8D8A-E28AC874C5EC.jpeg

I’ve seen Nike fire people just for having a pre existing eBay account. Dude is silly for outing himself and his ties. I personally wouldn’t have known who he was if he kept low.

Listen, for anyone who has ever been to PDX there are Nike people EVERYWHERE. That is a Nike town and once you get the in right circles you can meet just about anyone. Nike, is a business who is out to make a profit. They don't care where it comes from. Nike, has long forgotten the 'voice of the athlete' and instead is only focused on how to make as much profit as they can.

The older I get the less and less I care about shoes. If I can get them, great, and if not I could care less.

That’s why I’ve been flirting with other brand. Granted all brands are about that dollar bag but Nike cracks me up with their moves. They’re a greedy company and I enjoyed it when adidas was thriving hard.

Nike don't do it for the culture anymore and hasn't been since I'd say the start of the 2010s. Its all business now. I'd bet half of the executives, managers, designers dont even have interests in sports or fashion. They just use us as data and let us consume what we choose to consume

If they wanted to stop reselling, they would of stopped it years ago.

Most of Nike folks have never even played a sport before. It’s just a bunch of dorks who don’t care about sports and only regurgitate what they learn in Orientation.

Well I’m in no way justifying his behavior but wouldn’t you be really upset if someone backdoored a pair in a raffle you won and ostensibly showed up early on a Saturday to pickup? If not, you must be an EXTREMELY patient person lol
Why would I be that upset when I have tens of pairs that moisture will get to and destroy before I do it by wearing them?

Are we out there defending folks saying "I don't care about my life" over sneakers? 😂

That's foolish behavior.

Well I’m in no way justifying his behavior but wouldn’t you be really upset if someone backdoored a pair in a raffle you won and ostensibly showed up early on a Saturday to pickup? If not, you must be an EXTREMELY patient person lol
Upset I wasted my time, yes. Would I claim I don’t care about my life to a 40 year old working at footlocker? No

We being for real here, I’d never be somewhere at 7am to buy shoes or ever enter a raffle at a chance to spend money lol

Back
Top Bottom