Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

tenor.gif

Some of the Kanye comments on these last 2 pages have me crying on the floor laughing!

It doesn’t matter if you, your friends, or your whole hood was rocking j1s or polo before Kanye bc nobody knows who the **** you are

Let’s pretend Jordan didn’t make sneakers blow up for a second. Even if you do that, attributing the popularity to Kanye is absolutely foolish and inaccurate. Hip Hop and African American culture set the fashion trends for the 80s-Kanye era.

Run DMC? Fresh Prince? Martin? ATCQ? Spike Lee? NWA?

you don’t even have to go back that far. If you look at the early-mid 2000s, Pharrell was the dude people were influenced by. BAPE and Nike SBs were brought to the spotlight of fashion during that time, and dude was literally the face of Louis Vuitton way before Kanye was going around calling himself Louis Vuitton don and then making trash homeless high end attire.
I have no idea why people these days give Kanye the credit for EVERYTHING when it comes to fashion. The only thing people copied him on back then were wearing pastel polo shirts.

Youre taking it for a whole. Jordans have ALWAYS been popular but to say one or two people/events didnt influence the CURRENT trend at the time then idk what to tell you. Ye started wearing 1’s and brought some hype to them, thats just what it is. Did he bring em back from the dead? Did he make them relevant again? No cause they werent dead or not relevant, but he threw the spotlight on em for a bit. Look what happened the the MJ documentary came out last year, it blew up prices for OG’s following that.

Ya’ll thinking were giving Ye too much credit, it aint even like that.

Dude really said Travis Scott and Virgil are the reason SBs are popular. :rofl:

I woudnt attribute it to those 2 so much but SB’s (dunks in general) werent popular a year or so ago, so I mean.

I had the mean SB collection back in the day, sold most of them (regret selling Tiffs and Supreme Highs) but yeah man, they just started popping off again.

Youre taking it for a whole. Jordans have ALWAYS been popular but to say one or two people/events didnt influence the CURRENT trend at the time then idk what to tell you. Ye started wearing 1’s and brought some hype to them, thats just what it is. Did he bring em back from the dead? Did he make them relevant again? No cause they werent dead or not relevant, but he threw the spotlight on em for a bit. Look what happened the the MJ documentary came out last year, it blew up prices for OG’s following that.

Ya’ll thinking were giving Ye too much credit, it aint even like that.
It's only b/c they don't like him. This convo is had often in the dunk & aj1 thread, but nah "we been doing that." Sure, but nobody cared. I frequent a thrift store and one of the workers never brought my shoes b4, but last year she randomly brings up me wearing dunks all of the sudden. This has been regularly happening since tail end of 2019 :lol:

Supreme put a mini bogo on gr uptown's which are hard to obtain to get and resale on them is too high. I'm pretty sure this upped Nike sales on Black & White low top uptowns due to more interest being brought. This is business 101, but ppl wanna flip words :lol:

Funny but true story..i used to walk in my mall and get every jordan *besides holiday 11s* as long as I showed up by 11:00 . then that Js on my feet song came out and it was a wrap. Lol .

The fact that Niketalk has been here since 99. Tells you everything.Without MJ we weren’t even be talking in this forum.

I remember kids wearing the latest Jordan’s since the late 90’s, but that was NYC. You knew what shoes just dropped cuz everyone had them.

Now in the burbs that’s a different story, but with social media now everything is up for grabs.

Back
Top Bottom