Owning a house and 1 car or renting and owning 4 cars?

Sell the house and get the cash
Sell the cars and get the cash
The only 2 things people in this world respect is money and violence
How many guns are you going to buy with the cash?  how much ammo?

Where are you gonna put the 4 cars at an apartment complex? And what kind of cars are we talking?

real estate investment is all luck?

what am i reading :rofl:

Son is lost...

Just had s thought...

What if...

Kellyrep and millineal are the same person...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17292-1383249588-29.gif

Last edited:
If the question meant no financial repercussions and no other factors considered, I think most would pick the 4 cars with a decent apartment (by decent I mean actually nice and not some studio apartment in the worst part of the city).

Yeah, this.

If you aren't an enthusiast, you wouldn't understand. There was a time when I had two cars, and two motorcycles. At this point, I would take the house and one car. A few years ago... definitely rent with four cars.

If you aren't an enthusiast, you wouldn't understand. There was a time when I had two cars, and two motorcycles. At this point, I would take the house and one car. A few years ago... definitely rent with four cars.
There's a big difference between being a real car enthusiast and a dumbass.

OP said his "friend" doesn't know a thing about working on cars, just likes to flex in them, so I'd hardly call him an enthusiast.

parking spots are big business...

the asking price for this one is $58k in West End

http://www.trulia.com/property/3167748318-1260-21st-St-NW-32-Washington-DC-20036

this one is going for $100k in Dupont Circle

http://www.trulia.com/property/3199740352-1414-22nd-St-NW-P-O2-Washington-DC-20037
Exactly, and in a lot of complexes an extra space is $100+/mo (2 spaces max) and some don't allow you to have extra spaces. So you are just gonna park your cars on the street? What a luxury to have 4 cars and an apartment 
tired.gif

What if you're renting a house? You have a garage, driveway and curbside. OP didn't give constraint that you're renting an apartment.

What if you're renting a house? You have a garage, driveway and curbside. OP didn't give constraint that you're renting an apartment.
Well if you can afford to rent a house in LA I would have to assume you could afford to purchase one.

But I was assuming an apartment. This question has too many variables to it lol.

He did though...

He lives in a building, his place came with 2 parking spots but he pays for 2 extra parking spaces in the building garage
I don't know where OP and his friend live, but in Austin an extra parking space is $100-150+/month and that's assuming there are even enough extra spots available.

He did though...

I don't know where OP and his friend live, but in Austin an extra parking space is $100-150+/month and that's assuming there are even enough extra spots available.

SF. I know people who pay an extra 200ish in SF for a spot.

Back
Top Bottom