OZARK [A Netflix Original Series | Season 3 | 2019??]

Thanks. Gonna give that a read later.

NFS: The blue-tinted color palette wound up being something of a defining trait. Did you use any gels or filters to achieve that look?

del Pino: No, not really. The only thing we did was that we shot everything at 4,400 Kelvin temperature, interiors and exteriors, day and night likewise. And because we tried different color temperatures when we were doing tests, we saw that using that setup would give us the most ability to keep that consistent cooler grayish/blueish palette. But no filtration.

That part isn't going to happen. They're corrupt. Easily bribed.

Plus given they don't own ****, I could see Marty getting her name removed from the license anyway.

Wendy just wanted to stay cuz she began to enjoy her situation. She felt she/they were in a bit more control and are basically running things in the Ozarks.

The ep where Mason kidnapped her and they argued about faith and he was shutting on her as a person with his pompous attitude she sort of went under a transformation attitude wise. By the end, she's fine with Mason dying, telling Marty to shoot, having no remorse about Mason's death, etc. She was on this path back when she gave her son the ok to kill the cartel dude watching them.

Maybe I'm reading into this to much but if I'm Wendy I would have a hard time not feeling like I am untouchable and running things. She has had Wilkes offer her a job and a cartel lawyer tell her how impressed she is with her. Not to mention staring death in the face multiple times and coming out seemingly unscathed. That being said her confidence in the relationships she has built with Wilkes and Helen are giving her a false sense of security. One slip up and that whole thing could fall apart.

Maybe I'm reading into this to much but if I'm Wendy I would have a hard time not feeling like I am untouchable and running things. She has had Wilkes offer her a job and a cartel lawyer tell her how impressed she is with her. Not to mention staring death in the face multiple times and coming out seemingly unscathed. That being said her confidence in the relationships she has built with Wilkes and Helen are giving her a false sense of security. One slip up and that whole thing could fall apart.
Probably how Bruce was feeling for those 10 years when he decided to start skimming.

I just finished season 2.

Best show I've watched in a while.

Top 5 Birds of all time:

1- Marty Byrde

2- Larry Bird

3- Big Bird

4- Tucan Sam

5- Drake

I need somebody to shoot Darlene in the head. I can't take
her anymore. I was so sure Jacob was gonna kill her but she beat him to it.

Last edited:
:lol: Buddy was the rat cop Mel in Scarface years ago. He’s been in a lot of movies & TV shows. Dude brought so much gravitas to the role. “Every dog has its day”...

I was :rofl: when he asked the KC mob boss how his wife was. I actually laughed out loud.

BERNSTEIN! MEL BURNSTEIN!!! His face looked so familiar but I couldn't place him and didn't feel like checking IMDB.

Yeah, the character switches were kinda annoying. Like outta nowhere the priest becomes a psycho, not shocking given his circumstances, but the writing wasn't strong enough to support it.

The priest was on the lake Bible thumping. He was a psycho from the jump!

BTW, if it weren't for the acting, this show would be absolute crap.

Uh, that's the case with basically any show ever...

That part isn't going to happen. They're corrupt. Easily bribed.

Plus given they don't own ****, I could see Marty getting her name removed from the license anyway.

Wendy just wanted to stay cuz she began to enjoy her situation. She felt she/they were in a bit more control and are basically running things in the Ozarks.

The ep where Mason kidnapped her and they argued about faith and he was shutting on her as a person with his pompous attitude she sort of went under a transformation attitude wise. By the end, she's fine with Mason dying, telling Marty to shoot, having no remorse about Mason's death, etc. She was on this path back when she gave her son the ok to kill the cartel dude watching them.

There's always more to it with Wendy than she lets on.

I don't get the impression that she enjoys the Ozarks despite her smug grin and what she told Marty.

His plan to flee just wasn't well thought out, she wasn't consulted on it and that's generally how a woman with children would react to such a plan.

I think she feels obligated to get Mason's baby back, but I don't think she wants to stick around to be Queen of the Rednecks.

BERNSTEIN! MEL BURNSTEIN!!! His face looked so familiar but I couldn't place him and didn't feel like checking IMDB.

The priest was on the lake Bible thumping. He was a psycho from the jump!

Uh, that's the case with basically any show ever...

There's always more to it with Wendy than she lets on.

I don't get the impression that she enjoys the Ozarks despite her smug grin and what she told Marty.

His plan to flee just wasn't well thought out, she wasn't consulted on it and that's generally how a woman with children would react to such a plan.

I think she feels obligated to get Mason's baby back, but I don't think she wants to stick around to be Queen of the Rednecks.
Oh I think just like Helen Wendy Hayes the Ozarks but given the situation they been in and all she and the family have been through she's gonna make the best of a bad thing.

I feel between her getting back in to the political game and her and Marty climbing out of the hole they were in with the cartel that her new idea of escaping this is just becoming so powerful they're living in the nicest place in town or even moving right outside of town.

Really think Wendy has her own plans on how to move forward.

I do agree, Marty had a plan but it wasnt fully thought out. He was making a very emotional decision.

I just finished season 2.

Best show I've watched in a while.

Top 5 Birds of all time:

1- Marty Byrde

2- Larry Bird

3- Big Bird

4- Tucan Sam

5- Drake

I need somebody to shoot Darlene in the head. I can't take
her anymore. I was so sure Jacob was gonna kill her but she beat him to it.

What about bird from the wire aka fredro starr?
1.7bird.png

I finished season 3 like 2 weeks ago. I love this show.. I think Wendy is coming into her role nicely but like someone said it could all go to crap easily which seems to usually happen. The minute they think they are doing it, a new problem arises. And next season (Possible SPOILER ALERT), its going to be the Mob. Wendy is savvy but a Mob?? She's going to need heavy cartel influence/soldiers to win that one over.

Also.. they're daughter is dumb af.. She's going to get everyone killed/locked up.

think i am on ep 8. had to take a break from the show. there were definitely times where it felt like a grind watching this season. i feel they are trying to fit way too many storylines into this thinking they are going to get cancelled :lol:

Im on episode 9 now and Charlotte needs to die. She has no value to this show or to her family

Wendy is so damn cold, my favorite character in the show by a mile.

However, I really can't stand Charlotte. I don't need her teenage angst in a show like this. Literally every word that comes out of her mouth is annoying. I was hoping she went through with her plans at the end of the season so we wouldn't have to see her again

Ok I'm finished. There definitely is a parallel being created between Jacob/Darlene and Marty/Wendy. Charlotte and Darlene both need to disappear.

Back
Top Bottom