OZARK [A Netflix Original Series | Season 3 | 2019??]

My take on Helen is that both sides, Byrdes and Helen, made it clear to Navarro they wouldn’t be able to co-exist.... he had to choose. Yeah Helen had value as a dirty lawyer but I bet he could replace her, Byrdes were more valuable

Always seen Ozark pop up on Netflix but never cared to watch it. During this quarantine I decided to binge watch and man.....what a phenomenal show!

Ruth one feisty girl. She called Wendy a “***** wolf” :lol: By far my fav character next to Marty.

Helen was a liability. I see what Navarro did what he had to do. She couldn’t offer what the Byrde’s offered.

Ben :smh: I was pulling for him but he just couldn’t get right and was just ****ing up. When he went over to Helen’s and had that episode....i was like oh he’s a dead man. That cab ride and his road trip with Wendy was gold. Man....

Last edited:
It was a complete snore. Took me and the wife a month to get through it...had to stop midway through multiple episodes cause it wasn’t keeping our interests. Her brother was god awful.
Listen, if this was your take on the entire season fine, that's your opinion but to say it was underwhelming until the last episode is nonsense.

You already admit it was a snore and hard to get through. Nothing about the last episode is really different than the episodes in the middle of the season. The entire final ep is basically an epilogue to what happened in the last 3 eps when things reached their climax.

The only difference is the surprise death in the final scene.

The majority of the last ep is tying up loose ends and developing plots for next season; Marty gets FBI shorty to stick around, Jonah reacts to Ben's death, Wendy deals with giving up her brother, Helen gets pushed over the edge and is going to get rid of the Byrd's.

Final ep is more of the same. Chess moves to survive, chess moves to keep the criminal enterprise rolling, dealing with unexpected erratic emotional behavior, Ruth curses a lot, etc.

Quite frankly, other than s1 when everything was new I don't know how you got through s2. The show overall is something you either find compelling and interesting or not.

Last edited:
Just finished the season. I thought it was great. The actor that plays Ben should get an award. His last few eps were amazing. Him and Wendy on the road was epic. Really felt for Wendy. Ben f'ed up 3-4 times on just that road trip. Could have got the family killed so any times.
What I don't get is Marty's plan to turn Maya. I don't know how he thought that was possible and the way he was acting when he got back I thought at the end there would be a twist and that he never was gonna turn her but had some other plan.

The acting done for Ben was phenomenal

Not a fan of killing Helen off, thought she was the best actor on the show

Great season overall, but I'm not really as excited for Season 4 with Helen gone.

I put this show off for so long. Finally decided to binge all 3 seasons. I have a different perspective of it since I didn't have to wait between seasons, so I can't really compare seasons, it just felt like one long movie to me lol. Not a fan of Wendy and Darlene at all. Darlene especially has to go. The actor that played Ben did a great job in his solo scenes. Jonah is a sleeper criminal on the rise lol. Was surprised to see Tommy as Frank Jr in s3 was a surprise. Every time I look at Ruth....I see Justin Timberlake, but I like the character. Wyatt and Darlene...yuck. Helen getting offed at the end was a shock in a good way.

My wife and I have been watching the entire series since the lockdown. The first 2 seasons we were watching multiple episodes a day.

The last season? Shoot we tried to mix it up with other shows. Watching only one episode per night just to stretch it out.
She thoroughly enjoyed it. I started up personally several months ago only got 2 episodes in. But she was convinced she wouldn't like it. But ended up loving it .

That being said I didn't expect the ending of the season to turn out that way. It was Fuego.

What I don't get is Marty's plan to turn Maya. I don't know how he thought that was possible and the way he was acting when he got back I thought at the end there would be a twist and that he never was gonna turn her but had some other plan.

Makes way more sense for him to help her take down a bunch of ppl in order 2 stay clear of his dealings vs. go to jail and work for him and basically go thru witness protection

Makes way more sense for him to help her take down a bunch of ppl in order 2 stay clear of his dealings vs. go to jail and work for him and basically go thru witness protection
Nah wasn't that just the first step? Wasn't his plan to get her to flip? That's what I didn't get. She was way too obsessed with justice and busting him that there was no way she would turn. Even if she gets screwed over by her superiors for not taking the cases Marty gave her. I see her just quitting before working for the cartel. I could be misunderstanding the whole thing.

^thats correct.

Showrunners even doubled down on that when they told her backstory and why she got into LE. After initially thinking that she was already working for the cartel, I then thought that Marty was gonna flip her. Nope and nope.

Show is okay.

I watched all 3 season a few weeks ago and it was good I like it.

But, Marty character is funny it's like he's always in a different world or something and the only time I seen him give a damn or any emotion is with the FBI lady. Otherwise he's like always too busy for everyone, always on the move and barely acknowledging anyone lol.

The wife Wendy surprised me when she started get her setup going and outdoing Marty lol.

I like Ruth and pulling for her to make it through. I like her character and hope she makes it out alive but you never know what could happen.

I didn't see them offing Helen like that and didn't agree with it but curios to see how next season goes. Also wonder if Cartel guy is going to go through Helen's paperwork and see the file of Marty taking a deal with the Feds.

I think the Cartel decided to off Helen and go with Marty and Wendy because they saved him from that war and he was about to lose and lose everything.

Also to those saying stuff about Ben's acting... my cousin suffers from manic depressive bipolar disorder syndrome and Ben's acting was spot on 90% of what I witnessed with my cousin. At first I thought it was the weed that did it to my cousin but he's always had it. It was sad and the hard part is getting them to take the damn medication because they think nothing is wrong with them and they start having episodes :smh:

Season 3 was good. I was procrastinating on watching it and ended up binge watching all of it a few nights ago. Definitely an unexpected ending to say the least.

The scene with Nelson and the marriage counselor lady was crazy as well. On another note. Here’s my first spoiler in over a decade and a half on NT.

One thing I found interesting is that the way everything with Ben played out. It opens the door for them to bring him back in season 4 if they decided to. When Nelson caught him at the diner, you never see him shoot him. You never see the actual body when he’s dropped off with Marty, the body was wrapped up and got cremated fast.

He could fit into season 4 in that with Ruth splitting from the Byrds and him being pissed that Wendy left him there, there’s room for him to be disruptive. He’s likely gone, but the way his death scene played out, it leaves that door open if the writers wanted to go that route.

Season 3 was good. I was procrastinating on watching it and ended up binge watching all of it a few nights ago. Definitely an unexpected ending to say the least.

The scene with Nelson and the marriage counselor lady was crazy as well. On another note. Here’s my first spoiler in over a decade and a half on NT.

One thing I found interesting is that the way everything with Ben played out. It opens the door for them to bring him back in season 4 if they decided to. When Nelson caught him at the diner, you never see him shoot him. You never see the actual body when he’s dropped off with Marty, the body was wrapped up and got cremated fast.

He could fit into season 4 in that with Ruth splitting from the Byrds and him being pissed that Wendy left him there, there’s room for him to be disruptive. He’s likely gone, but the way his death scene played out, it leaves that door open if the writers wanted to go that route.

Nelson has zero sympathy for anybody. Ben is dead as **** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom