Pacers to Vancouver? Canucks Owner Makes Pitch To Simon

Rumors are starting to spread that Francesco Aquilini, owner of the NHL's Vancouver Canucks, is reportedly expressing interest in purchasing the Indiana Pacers and moving the team to Vancouver, B.C.

Pacers co-owner Herb Simon are working as hard as they can to work out a new arena deal with the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board and says he doesn't want to see Indy without an NBA team.

Simon, could be using Aquilini as leverage against the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board.

But former Sonics owner Howard Schultz also used Clay Bennett as leverage against the Washington State Legislature. And now the Sonics no longer exist.

More to come as I get more information.

source

its only a rumor for now. but like the article said, the Supersonics moved, anything can happen

That would be
pimp.gif

i thought the pacers arena was pretty new?

the move would never happen tho indiana is bball

conseco fieldhouse isnt that old... and indianpolis is NOT about to build another new arena since they can barely afford the new football stadium.

I like it. do it. then the Pacers can be in the Western Conference and the Thunder can be moved to the East. they should change names a la the Sonics/Thunderthough.

Conseco Fieldhouse isn't even 10 years old yet.

I'd rather the NBA contract a team than move another team.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Why is it always the !*+%$* teams that move?
are you asking this seriously? good teams bring in crowds, money and success. bad teams don't. it is very expensive to keep a NBA franchisegoing without people in the seats. crappy teams get sold because the owners cannot make money from them anymore, and in most cases, are losing a ton of moneyby keeping them.

As a Vancouverite, I do not want this! Please bring back the Sonics first!

Vancouver sports fans = bandwagon douchebags! I'd much rather drive down and watch the Sonics play.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I like it. do it. then the Pacers can be in the Western Conference and the Thunder can be moved to the East. they should change names a la the Sonics/Thunder though.

Nah the Hornets or Grizzlies could move East. Thunder to the Southwest.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Conseco Fieldhouse isn't even 10 years old yet.

I'd rather the NBA contract a team than move another team.

Exactly. I've been thinking this for a long time.

Memphis and Charlotte are prime candidates.

Indiana is the heartland of basketball. I think the Pacers will stay somehow.

That'd be nice. I could drive 2 hours north and watch some games.

but BRING A TEAM TO SEATTLE!!! WE WANT THE SONICS BACK!!!

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I like it. do it. then the Pacers can be in the Western Conference and the Thunder can be moved to the East. they should change names a la the Sonics/Thunder though.

Nah the Hornets or Grizzlies could move East. Thunder to the Southwest.
well if we're talking geographically, you're right. but I think the Thunder are going to be a problem in the near future, I rather theygo to the east.
laugh.gif

really, if there is any team that should move.

it should be the Grizzlies. c'mon, dont tell me they wont get more money in Vancouver than they are right now in Memphis

looking back the only legit player on those Grizzlies team that is still playing in the league is probably Mike Bibby and Strom.

I heard the Pacers lost 40 mill this year. Vancouver could definitly support a team well. I'll be said to see the Pacers go as aKnick fan having seen somany great years of rivalries but if it happens I'm not against it.

Can anyone tell me why the Vancouver Grizzlies moved to Memphis in the first place? Assuming it was because basketball didn't take off in Vancouver backthen, would it be more likely to succeed now?

Back
Top Bottom