Pacman signs up with Nike

www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2006091274196.html

Manny Pacquiao has added another company to his long list of endorsed products when he signed up with sports industry giant Nike recently, a Team Pacquiao member confirmed yesterday.

Pacquiao flew to Manila last Sunday to do a pictorial with the Oregon-based company and then headed for General Santos City the following morning.

The same Team Pacquiao member revealed that when the Filipino bomber clashes with Erik Morales in their much-awaited rubber match on Nov. 18 at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, hed be wearing a shoe and probably a robe with the famed swoosh logo on it.

Cost of the endorsment package was not divulged but the same source said that both parties were happy with the agreement.

"Everybody happy," he said.

Pacquiao used to wear the retro brand Pony shoes, but when he faced Oscar Larios last July at the Araneta Coliseum, he wore the Japanese label Mizuno, which he had used a few times before.

Following his smashing 10th-round knockout victory over Morales last January, Pacquiao was besieged with endorsement offers. Some of the companies the 27-year-old puncher has a tie in are San Miguel Company, McDonalds, Motolite, Alaxan, Datu Puti and even Extreme Magic Sing.

an "Air PacMan" package perhaps...nah, just playin...
but that's great news, big ups to the Swoosh for recognizing one of the best in the sport of Boxing!!!

Ok its now time to release this:

af1_PAKYAW.jpg

Think of all the possibilities.
think.design.create.

PAcquiao na lahat ha
roll.gif
pati ba naman Nike

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the NBA his name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

lol oh no, representing us and nike? lol not with those hilarious interviews after the fight!!!
roll.gif

Hate me like Kobe... haters only fuel me

I do not know about this. Imho, he looks better wearing "No Fear" and Pony.

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team Back Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

Quote:
Yes dati palagi sa BIGEVENT di sa pagyayabng heheheheh pang boxing lang talaga sya

pare naman ...kayo katapat eh...gumaling ba yun nung pumartner kay patrick????

Philippines[/b]
mber No.58[/b]​

Quote:
pare naman ...kayo katapat eh...gumaling ba yun nung pumartner kay patrick????

malakas dati kaso nung tumagal class b na yung binibigay ni patrick kay manny, yung ang tsismis...

Follow up:
Quote:
Pacquiao recently signed a two-year endorsement contract with Nike. He will be provided by Nike with a range of innovative and technologically-advanced performance products including Nike PRO, Nike Free Trainer 7.0 footwear and equipment for his training.

Nike PRO is a range of compression base-layer wear made with dri-fit fabrication designed to enhance performance and provide for an athletes comfort. The Nike Free Trainer 7.0 shoes enhance the foot naturally, making it stronger and more flexible.

"Mannys tremendous boxing ability, coupled with his immense passion and discipline for the sport, epitomizes the essence of Nikes Just Do It spirit," said Melissa Crucillo, Nike Philippines country marketing manager. "Not only is he recognized internationally for his boxing prowess, he is also considered a modern-day hero of the Filipino people. We are excited to have him as part of the Nike family and look forward to contributing to his development as a world-class athlete."

[size=+2]

[/size]

Quote:
^^^sabungero kadin flashout???

sabungero mga barkada ko nakikibakas lng.

one time sa Makati nakita ko si manny 1.2M ang parada isang sultada lng grabe big time talaga!!

More details.

=====

Pacman signs rich two-year Nike contract
By Abac Cordero
The Philippine Star 09/19/2006

From now on, youll see that famous swoosh on Manny Pacquiaos shoes.

The Filipino boxing icon recently signed a rich two-year endorsement contract with giant sports apparel company Nike and last Sunday had a quick feel of how it is to be part of its family.

In a brief meeting with Nike Philippines Tony Atayde at the Sheraton Hotel, Pacquiao was presented two bagfuls of Nike products, some of which are not yet out in the market.

Pacquiao was gifted with two pairs of Nike fighting shoes, which Atayde said are worth $1,000 a pair. This lace-free type of shoes will only be released in 2008.

"There are only three pairs of these Nike boxing shoes in the world today. Two of them are now with Manny and the other one is at the Nike headquarters in Portland," said Atayde.

Pacquiao said he liked the shoes, except that he preferred those that are cut just a few inches above the ankle. He also said he wanted his name embroidered on its sides.

"I dont like them too high because all the sweat during the fight add up inside the shoes and they get heavier. With a lower cut, its easier to wipe the sweat off my legs," Pacquiao said.

Also in the bag were three other pairs of shoes, one for running, one for walking and one for basketball, the latest Kobe Bryant design. Pacquiao said he couldnt wait to put the basketball shoes on.

"I like this. I love playing basketball," he said.

There were also sets of jogging pants, jackets, shirts and even bandanas. But whether Pacquiao can wear them in public remains a question since he still has a live contract with No Fear apparel.

"Its okay for Manny to wear those shoes because his contract with Pony expired last January. But with those jackets or shirts, he still has a contract with No Fear, and its good for until next year. I dont know what they will do with it," said a Pacquiao insider.

Terms of the Nike contract were not divulged. But what is clear is that Pacquiao has officially joined Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova and Bryant as Nikes biggest endorsers.

According to Erik Pineda, one of Pacquiaos marketing strategists, Pacquiao just became the first Filipino athlete to be paid, both in cash and in kind, to endorse Nike.

And its quite a sum.

[size=+2]

[/size]

i wonder how much Nike cost them just to get Pacman' s signature, i believe he's endoresments starts 10M and the highest is 25M

no wonder manny was rolling around in a porsche. now maybe we'll see more philippines shoes and gear besides the airforce1s which i still haven't gotten my hands on yet. >:
mad.gif

nike better release some pac-man inspired air forces or something
Filipino Forces, sz 9.5 .. DMP, sz 9.5 .. Olympic VII, sz 9 .. Quickstrike XX, sz 10 .. Playoff XII, sz 9 .. White/Red XXI, sz 9 .. Zoom Lebron III black/black-varsity crimson , sz 9.5 .. Futura P-Rod, sz 9.5 .. HOA Air Max 90 Infared, sz 9.5 .. Mission Blazers sz 9.5

All shoes are in MINT, DEADSTOCK CONDITION .. LOCATION- Edison, New Jersey; EMAIL- anabolicgardo@tmail.com; AIM- anabolicgardo

Back
Top Bottom