PainFrom Hell. Vol. Wisdom Teeth

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I feel your pain, got all 4 taken out Monday without sedation. The key is to follow all your dentist's post-op instructions.
1) Ice cheeks to reduce swelling

2) Gauze on both sides of your mouth to create proper blood clot

3) Avoid chewing or spitting initially

4) Only soft foods like oatmeal, soup, mashed potatoes

5) Take all antibiotics and painkillers prescribed as necessary

6) My dentist also recommended brushing without toothpaste at first in fear of damaging the areas of extraction

7) Add salt to regular water and rinse both sides of your mouth out 
yeah follow all your post-op instructions.

I had mine taken out a week ago and now I feel completely fine and can exercise. Everyone thinks they're okay after the 2nd day or so, but the key is to not exercise or do anything the dentist says otherwise. Antibiotics are very important and you have to keep them on a regular schedule.

If you are a heavy smoker, your chance of having dry socket is a lot higher because it reduces blood flow to the socket and prevents a blood clot from forming.

literally the worst pain I've felt in my life. Had all 4 taken out at the same time. I was fine the next day tho

Champ knows what he's talkin about. I got all 4 taken out at the same time earlier this year, followed that regimen and the pain was gone in 2 days.
Worst part is not being able to eat real food

btw dont even think about smokin

To ElCatFisho and everyone else that had the procedure done recently, I'm curious how long did it take you guys to eat regular food post-surgery?

I had one of mine come in and get infected so I had to get it removed immediately. The removal pain was not nearly as bad as the pain of the infection.

Once they were removed I just chilled at home and ate percosets while I nodded in and out of sleep. Had some crazy dreams and feelings, like I felt like i would be asleep for 3 seconds, and it would be like 6 hours later.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

hol up...

so everyone has to get there wisdom tooth pullled out?

i've never had to have mine pulled.  my teeth aren't pushing against each other and they've never giving me any pain. 

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I hate that this thread was posted a week before I get mine pulled

me and you both.

both of the ones on my right side have come in crooked.

the top one(which just broke through the gum) is pointing towards my tounge and the bottom one is pointing diagnolly fowards towards the nose
alien.gif

i was planning to get them extracted next week,but im not sure that i want to now
frown.gif

GET IT DONE!
I had one of mine grow in crooked. I just left it. Last year it started to ache on a Friday. With nothing open until Monday, I just made an appointment. By Sunday afternoon the pain was almost unbearable. I was unable to sleep at all Sunday night.

To avoid future pain I suggest getting any problem ones out asap.

They said one side didn't clot right so air is getting in there causing all the pain,they said all I can do is wait the pain out.

I got two taken out earlier this year have to go back later and get the other two out. Honestly it's the first couple days where it hurts the most, well for me it was, and after that it's just following directions to avoid getting an infection. After a week I was good to go.

Damn
eek.gif

Only one of mine have come through, straight too, haven't had any problems at all. At the start of this year for about a week I thought I was getting another, the pain was so intense I was nearly in tears, even bought teething gel to help it
laugh.gif
only thing that worked was codeine. And even then I was pushing it on how many I'd taken... However nothing has come through or anything. I need to go to the dentist though, get everything checked.

My dad has never had his wisdom teeth come through
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

35% of adults dont get wisdom teeth.. is this true?

Could be true. See my above comment about my dad. And I've only got one so far *crosses fingers for no more*

I just got all 4 of mine pulled yesterday morning. The pain isn't so bad the percocets are doing good for me I suppose, they don't put me to sleep or anything. I'm gonna stay in the house until Monday so I don't get any kind of infection. I was knocked out for my procedure and all I remember was the doctor and nurses yelling me to wake up and I don't remember my wheel chair ride at all I just remember waking up around midnight last night. Keep the gauze on it's really important and clean your mouth with warm salt water.

Update: Got my pulled today, they didn't put me to sleep but used nitrous to numb my mouth. While under the nitrous, my vision got real blurry and i felt weird as heck and that pokemon sound when your injured and walking around kept playing in my head. My voice got deep as hell also
laugh.gif
. The procedure took like 10 minutes and din't hurt at all. About a hour after the pain pretty strong and now it's just a numb feeling. The amount of drooling i did because my lips were numb and i couldn't feel them closed was digusting. was  They gave me Vicodin, ibuprofen, and penicillin. 
P.S : This was my first time trying Vicodin............. I am dissapoint
ohwell.gif

My dentist doesnt put people to sleep or do the laughing gas +%*!, so I had to get shots to numb my mouth. He did it at all 4 points where he was gonna remove my wisdom teeth from, everything was numb except for one. He gave me like 7 more shots and I could still feel it and he said I wasnt legally allowed anymore. And of @+$$%@* course the tooth that i can still feel just so happens to be "the most troublesome one in my 25 years as a dentist." I could feel/hear him crunching/chipping my tooth and just breaking it off piece by piece. HURT. A . LOT

He gave me amoxicillin and hydrocodone but they did really do anything. I took 4 hydrocodones and just fell asleep
laugh.gif

Closest ive come to crying in a long time too
frown.gif

EDIT : i resumed
pimp.gif
after 2 days with no problem. Smoking cigs kind of made them hurt though so I took a few days off

Got all 4 pulled at the same time.. I'm a tough dude and I cried as well when the pain meds wore off.. sorry to hear about your problem bro guess you just need to wait it out

Originally Posted by cs02132

My dentist doesnt put people to sleep or do the laughing gas +%*!, so I had to get shots to numb my mouth. He did it at all 4 points where he was gonna remove my wisdom teeth from, everything was numb except for one. He gave me like 7 more shots and I could still feel it and he said I wasnt legally allowed anymore. And of @+$$%@* course the tooth that i can still feel just so happens to be "the most troublesome one in my 25 years as a dentist." I could feel/hear him crunching/chipping my tooth and just breaking it off piece by piece. HURT. A . LOT

He gave me amoxicillin and hydrocodone but they did really do anything. I took 4 hydrocodones and just fell asleep
laugh.gif

Closest ive come to crying in a long time too
frown.gif

EDIT : i resumed
pimp.gif
after 2 days with no problem. Smoking cigs kind of made them hurt though so I took a few days off

Had a similar experience, but everything healed up right, but when the doc was puttin those needles in my mouth I wanted to punch him but controlled myself.

I work in Military Dental and we yank them out all day everyday. If its been a few days and everything still hurts, you went back and the irragated the site with periodine(the strong stuff) and you STILL in pain, its probly aveolar stomititis(dry socket) do you smoke? if you do stop..it could also be Suppurative osteitis which is a form of infected dry socket which is tons more painfull..but it also stinks, there would be a nasty odor in your mouth..lol stay up on your meds..
you will be fine, its all part of the healing process

Had all 4 removed back in March, the only thing I hated about having them removed is not being able to eat normally for 2 weeks

1. I had all four taken out at once, oh not only that but I missed a week of work.
2. I had one tooth thats roots were running through a nerve in my jaw, the dentist had the nerve to tell me that they had to be careful, if that nerve was to be damaged, one side of my face would be paralyzed.
3. My cheeks turned green and purple.
4. Couldn't sleep cause I was in lots of pain, like yourself, and turns out had dry socket.. so yeah..
OH AND I was carried out IN A WHEELCHAIR

Worst procedure ever. Ask for more meds, they'll give em to you.

Back
Top Bottom