Painted brake Calipers FTW

Any1 on NT paint the brake calipers on there car. I been thinking of doing this over this weekend if its good weather SMH damn NY weather. I thought aboutpainting the calipers on my Z, thinking bout yellow or red. Has any1 done this to there car, how does the paint hold up, among the grease, dust and heat. I waslooking online came across a product call G2 which you can hand paint the calipers think bout using that any tips?

hopefully my finish product looks some thing like this
pimp.gif

24000640120_large.jpg

i had it done on my Z as well, the paint holds up no problem, but you will need to touch up a few spots every couple of months. I used cheap paint like 8 bucksa can and it worked well

167361d444bc52a99bf87abfbdca94d673b51d86.pjpg
its realy easy to do , realy gives your ride that morerace car look . mine came stock in red . but i painted my friends camaros calipers with a kit you can get a kragen for like 20$ that comes with a calipercleaner , the paint and brushes . it realy holds up well . he has had it on his car for a few years now and they still look good . just clean them eveytime youclean your rims and your good !!!

btw dont get green, its ugly. i didnt choose my color. Red shoud look good

sputnik ^^^^its clean my z the same color yea mostly i use red, i seen some online and a couple ppl use stencils to put the 350z logo on the calipers looksdope

Nice. I'm in the market for 300ZX calipers for my S13 240.. I plan on getting them powder coated red. That's probably the only color I would get. Orblack.

yeah they got the brembo stencils as well, but i was reading that its hard to find a paint to match the goldish color of the brakes. but yeah i was going toredo mine red, bought the paint and everything. But i sold the car recently. Man i miss it soooo much, just the feeling of downshifting to 2nd, then hearingthe engine purrr

The 300zx calipers are great because you can paint the entire thing and take a sanding block to the top and have the "Nissan" stand out (then touchit up with black paint).

Be sure to use caliper or high temp paint. I know in racing conditions that calipers can get to something like 800 Deg C, so many paints won't hold up.

i would powder coat em. regular spray like most people use just gets dirty and looks like +$$# in a few months. especially in a place with weather like NY.

or just get brembo calipers
pimp.gif

yeah they got the brembo stencils as well, but i was reading that its hard to find a paint to match the goldish color of the brakes.
painting stock calipers to look like brembos? weak...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Nice. I'm in the market for 300ZX calipers for my S13 240.. I plan on getting them powder coated red. That's probably the only color I would get. Or black.

coupe, chuki or pignose?
pimp.gif

still working on my pignose, the little single cam is having trouble
frown.gif

^yeah, i'm aware of how much they cost. but why front? it's like putting M3 badges on a plain ol 3 series...

I power coated my calipers yellow. was planning on getting black rims to make them stand out. red is alittle too played out unless you got a lambo or ferrarietc... to back it up

Originally Posted by jae oh en

^yeah, i'm aware of how much they cost. but why front? it's like putting M3 badges on a plain ol 3 series...

qft .............................................qft.

good to see some people know whats up
brembo>>>>>>>>>>your painted brake calipers
don't front

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

167361d444bc52a99bf87abfbdca94d673b51d86.pjpg
its realy easy to do , realy gives your ride that more race car look . mine came stock in red . but i painted my friends camaros calipers with a kit you can get a kragen for like 20$ that comes with a caliper cleaner , the paint and brushes . it realy holds up well . he has had it on his car for a few years now and they still look good . just clean them eveytime you clean your rims and your good !!!

that looks awful. if you're going to get black rims at least put some black magic to keep the tires shiny. and for damn sure don't let a photo likethis hit the internet.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i agree which is why i didnt do it. I never told him to do so, i just said they make them.
BTW, by painting the calipers, its similar to "frontin". Youre customizing your stock calipers to resemble calipers that come stock on ferraris,lambos, etc.
It is almost the same concept when you paint your stock calipers gold to resemble the Brembos.

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom