Pair flee with $2.3m after bank error

1. Go to the most urban/modernized city in Venezuela

2. Lay low and bide my time, i.e. rent a room, hang out in the upper class areas, explore the city, go to the club, yet don't be too friendly at all justfall back stick to myself and observe the scene for about 6 months to a year until I become fluent in Spanish and find someone of the same socioeconomic statuswith legit bread who isn't down with the law but keeps their nose clean. No one will ever know my real identity and I will claim to be Canadian. That wayI'll have a solid weed connect and I can implement step 3. Also get my hands on a few guns and a car. Basically for this span of time i live on very littlemoney but make sure to establish myself little by little and making sure to stay out of the hood b/c getting caught up in the hood in another country is wayworse than getting caught up in any hood in America.

3. After said 6 months - year, take about 1m even and match contacts from step 2 to start up and become a silent partner in a shipping/trucking business and aliquor store and some real estate investments.

4. In between steps 2 and 3, find a chick with a clean record and some kind of American/European ties and a college degree. She will be the face of all yourdealings and the money would be put in accounts in her name then promptly withdrawn and stashed as cash in a place she would never know about, which would be asafe behind a bookshelf in the original room that i still pay for but no longer stay in. At this point I would have established myself as a lawyer who wasdisbarred in Canada and wishes to start over in Venzuela with the nice financial cushion i've built for myself over the years. No one would know I everstayed there, because by the time I spoke to anyone I already will have found a nicer place that I would purposefully overpay for in cash in order to keep thelandlord quiet and avert questions about an actual lease.

5. Let the situation play itself out as my money from various investments comes rolling in through the chick, until she gets greedy and I have to have herkilled after I tell her to liquidate all the accounts because the jig is up and me and her are going to head to switzerland together to start over. Inactuality i'm just going to pay one of my newfound associates and tell them that the chick has been cheating on me, and she told me she was pregnant withmy kid though I have pictures of her having sex with another dude (in actuality she was messing with another dude, but me and her wren't romanticallyinvolved, though she did like me which is why she was excited to leave with me to switzerland).

6. After she's dead, I drive to Brazil and start over. I am now the Panamanian illegitemate son of a wealthy American entrepenuer. I am well off and wellkept as a deal made with him after I tracked him down, so that I may not damage his reputation or his family's. Please excuse my poor Portugese, as I amprimarily a spanish speaker.

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

1. Go to the most urban/modernized city in Venezuela

2. Lay low and bide my time, i.e. rent a room, hang out in the upper class areas, explore the city, go to the club, yet don't be too friendly at all just fall back stick to myself and observe the scene for about 6 months to a year until I become fluent in Spanish and find someone of the same socioeconomic status with legit bread who isn't down with the law but keeps their nose clean. No one will ever know my real identity and I will claim to be Canadian. That way I'll have a solid weed connect and I can implement step 3. Also get my hands on a few guns and a car. Basically for this span of time i live on very little money but make sure to establish myself little by little and making sure to stay out of the hood b/c getting caught up in the hood in another country is way worse than getting caught up in any hood in America.

3. After said 6 months - year, take about 1m even and match contacts from step 2 to start up and become a silent partner in a shipping/trucking business and a liquor store and some real estate investments.

4. In between steps 2 and 3, find a chick with a clean record and some kind of American/European ties and a college degree. She will be the face of all your dealings and the money would be put in accounts in her name then promptly withdrawn and stashed as cash in a place she would never know about, which would be a safe behind a bookshelf in the original room that i still pay for but no longer stay in. At this point I would have established myself as a lawyer who was disbarred in Canada and wishes to start over in Venzuela with the nice financial cushion i've built for myself over the years. No one would know I ever stayed there, because by the time I spoke to anyone I already will have found a nicer place that I would purposefully overpay for in cash in order to keep the landlord quiet and avert questions about an actual lease.

5. Let the situation play itself out as my money from various investments comes rolling in through the chick, until she gets greedy and I have to have her killed after I tell her to liquidate all the accounts because the jig is up and me and her are going to head to switzerland together to start over. In actuality i'm just going to pay one of my newfound associates and tell them that the chick has been cheating on me, and she told me she was pregnant with my kid though I have pictures of her having sex with another dude (in actuality she was messing with another dude, but me and her wren't romantically involved, though she did like me which is why she was excited to leave with me to switzerland).

6. After she's dead, I drive to Brazil and start over. I am now the Panamanian illegitemate son of a wealthy American entrepenuer. I am well off and well kept as a deal made with him after I tracked him down, so that I may not damage his reputation or his family's. Please excuse my poor Portugese, as I am primarily a spanish speaker.
Maybe I'm not understanding it, but why not just start off with Step #6?

If the people in Brazil reference the people in Venezuela, won't they find out your "Canadian"...
nerd.gif

Come on now ...

I'll the exactly the same thing ...

Plus they "fled" to China ... Hello!!!!!! Who the %!!* is going to find them there among billions of people that are also Chinese ...

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Come on now ...

I'll the exactly the same thing ...

Plus they "fled" to China ... Hello!!!!!! Who the %!!* is going to find them there among billions of people that are also Chinese ...

trust me... it'll be nothing for a bank's owner to pay a trained person that can tract them down. the bank would probably pay 750k to find them... alltraveling and living expenses paid.

i'd be out also. switzerland has great banks, and doesn't believe in extradition - if you have some free time, google Marc Rich. he was an americancitizen convicted of tax evasion and illegally trading oil to Iran back in the 80s. dude has lived in switzerland since (he got pardoned by billy clint whenbilly left the white house).

as of 2006, he had a net worth of $2.5B

crime does pay

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

2.3m wont last long if youre always gonna be on the run

I beg to differ.
laugh.gif
x2 b/c if $1 USD = 11 mexican dollars then you'd have 2.3million x11

PPP

anyways .. if they only got a 3rd ... i wonder how long it will last between the 2 of em ... i would have went to china

^^^^ Trust me ain't no body finding me if I was in that situation .....

Unless you are walking around reckless and telling everyone and their mothers then you have no worries ....

The hardest thing about doing that is breaking communication with everyone you know and/or love, if you can deal with that you are home free!

i wouldnt flee. too much of a hassle and you gotta look over your shoulder for the rest of your life.

I would not be able to run away.. you would have to cut down all your connects for life, and disappear.
Get a new Name and start from fresh. I think your connects and life before are worth more than running away
which comes at a risk.
If i am broke as hell and need to get away, start fresh than yes i would do it in a heart beat.

If I was in another country I would probably flee to the US. Usually I do the right thing, but that's too much money to give back.

Don't know what charges would be brought up against them.

They ask for the loan, they were approved.
They took one/third from the bank.
Made bad investments, need a paper trail.
They filed for bankruptcy, if its the like the US the bank just took a huge loss.

When they caught, sorry didn't know you were looking for me. Have the money in a swizz account.

A relative of a New Zealand couple who scored millions of dollars from a banking error, and who is believed to have fled with the pair, has told friends she is drinking Chinese beer and enjoying the Asian heat.

The fugitive couple and their small entourage have been traced to Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China, largely via one of their indiscreet updates on social networking site Facebook.

Meanwhile the bank employee who made the blunder is reportedly being counselled after becoming traumatised by the error.

Rotorua couple Leo Gao and Kara Yang-Hurring fled New Zealand after a Westpac staff member accidentally deposited $NZ10 million into their account after they applied for a $NZ10,000 business overdraft.

The bank has since recovered about $NZ6 million, but the couple - who ran a BP service station in Rotorua that had just been put into receivership - skipped the country with the remaining millions.

Police announced last week they were hunting the pair.

Also missing with Gao and Yang-Hurring are Yang-Hurring's daughter Leena, 7, Gao's mother, his business partner Huan Di Zhang and Yang-Hurring's sister Aroha Hurring, the New Zealand Herald reported.

New Zealand police said one of those family members had returned to Auckland from Hong Kong about lunchtime today, and was being questioned by police.

A friend told the New Zealand Herald that Aroha Hurring had been charting the group's journey on Facebook, after she joined Gao and Yang-Hurring a few days after the couple fled.

"She told me her sister had rung her from China and she was thinking of going over," the friend said.

"She wanted to know where she was ringing from. She had the country area code so I Googled it [and it was the international code for Macau]."

Since then, Aroha Hurring has written on Facebook: "Aroha Hurring is having a Tsingtao beer. It's 30 degrees plus - the heat is good though."

On China, she wrote: "It's crazy. The only thing I hate is that they look at me funny."

Sue Hurring, appealed on New Zealand TV for her daughter, Kara, to return home and turn herself in.

"We've just come from the police station trying to sort out this stupid, stupid bizarre situation," she said.

She said her daughter was honest and hardworking, and laid blame for the situation squarely on Gao.

"Well, I've, if you really want to know, I'd like to wring his blimmin' neck."

As the hunt continues, the employee responsible for their accidental windfall was so distressed by their error she was undergoing counselling, TVNZ reported.

Westpac said it was concerned at the attention the employee, who TVNZ said had more than 30 years of banking experience, was receiving and appealed for privacy.

"The impact of this episode is being felt by all of our employees, who are good people just doing their jobs," a spokesman told TVNZ.

"What should be remembered is the loss from this episode did not happen because of the error, but because of the behaviour of individuals who have taken advantage of the error."

Stupid
roll.gif

smh.gif
at dry snitching on yourself on FB

but I'd go to China too. They corrupt, just slide the proper people a few hunned thou and you can probably cop a fresh new identity.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

smh.gif
at dry snitching on yourself on FB

but I'd go to China too. They corrupt, just slide the proper people a few hunned thou and you can probably cop a fresh new identity.
QFT. China is so corrupt, its not even funny. I would of done what the couple did if i was bankrupt and had no money.

Back
Top Bottom