Pair flee with $2.3m after bank error

lurkin2long

Banned
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A couple whose bank accidentally handed them a $6.1 million credit line have fled the country with more than a third of the cash, the bank said yesterday.

An international search is underway for the couple, who may have fled to China.

Yesterday, a New Zealand woman told the TV3 network that the couple sought by police were her daughter Kara Yang and Yang's boyfriend, Leo Gao, who were traveling with Yang's 7-year-old daughter, Leena.

Sue Hurring said the situation was "stupid, bizarre," but her daughter was "honest."

The error occurred when the bank was formalizing the couple's limit, meant for the gas station they ran. Police say the business filed for bankruptcy protection this month.
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

what would you do NT?

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

LATE

seen this on yahoo like a week ago

and I would return the money and not even ask for reward
5/21 was already a week ago?

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

LATE

seen this on yahoo like a week ago

and I would return the money and not even ask for reward

smh.gif
Nice guys finish last...

Lol.. jk I would do the same thing.. but I would take screen shots and show off
laugh.gif

They'll probably get caught but I'd do the same thing.
laugh.gif

Trust though, I'd sure as hell cop the best fake passport money can buy.

I dont know what id do honestly.
laugh.gif
.I wouldnt flee though.

Id prolly stash a couple hundred thousand dollars in different places to people i know then give them the other half of the money and let em know i don'tknow where the rest is
laugh.gif
. Im sure if they were that dumb to do thatthey'll be alright with the other money "missing"

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

I dont know what id do honestly.
laugh.gif
.I wouldnt flee though.

Id prolly stash a couple hundred thousand dollars in different places to people i know then give them the other half of the money and let em know i don't know where the rest is
laugh.gif
. Im sure if they were that dumb to do that they'll be alright with the other money "missing"
it was New Zealand tho!
and also they "borrowed" that money against their credit line, so they wouldnt really be able to play it off unless they scammed themselvesindirectly.

I'd be outro.

Fam wouldn't even get a good-bye, much less a Christmas card.

And NO, they would never catch me. I'd live low key and below the radar all the while doing whatever the hell I want to.

grin.gif
your morals.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

I'd be outro.

Fam wouldn't even get a good-bye, much less a Christmas card.

And NO, they would never catch me. I'd live low key and below the radar all the while doing whatever the hell I want to.

grin.gif
your morals.
live it large in _____, cant give away my spot
grin.gif
pimp.gif

Return it. Don't know how NZ banks are but here in these United States, Feds don't play.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom