Pants down, teen down. Yes, he was mad.

http://www.commercialappe...-refuses-pull-saggy-pan/

Memphis man shoots teen who refuses to pull up saggy pants

* By Kevin McKenzie
* Memphis Commercial Appeal
* Posted October 4, 2010 at 9:18 a.m., updated October 4, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.

kennethbonds_t160.jpg

Kenneth Bonds

Kenneth Bonds
Search our databases

A Memphis man angered by two teenagers who would not pull up their sagging pants shot one in the rear and faces aggravated assault charges.

On Saturday, police charged Kenneth E. Bonds, 45, with two counts of aggravated assault, according to a court affidavit.

Bonds was released Monday from the Shelby County Jail on $25,000 bond.

At about 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, two young men ages 16 and 17 were walking to buy candy on Whiteside Cove near Shelby Drive and Tulane in Whitehaven, the court document said.

Their pants were sagging in a style that has drawn national criticism from figures including Georgia activist "General" Larry Platt -- who sang "Pants on the Ground" on "American Idol" -- and President Barack Obama, who spoke about them when he was a candidate on MTV days before his 2008 election.

From a yard in the 4400 block of Whiteside, Bonds began yelling at the pair to pull their pants up.

Initially, both teens ignored him, according to a police report.

Bonds then called the youths a derogatory word for gay men. He added, using profanity, that he was a grown man and that they should do what he said.

Both teens told police they responded by calling Bonds a "fat !@*" who needed to shut up.

Bonds walked into a house and the pair walked off for candy at the "candy lady's" house.

When the young men emerged from buying candy, Bonds appeared with a semiautomatic handgun.

As the pair ran away, Bonds fired several shots, hitting the 17-year-old in the buttocks with a bullet that exited his thigh, according to the affidavit. The young man was treated first at Methodist South Hospital and then at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis.

Bonds admitted to shooting the youth, police said in the affidavit.

In his MTV appearance in November 2008, then-candidate Obama spoke against laws outlawing sagging pants, but added: "Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants. You're walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on."

-- Kevin McKenzie: 529-2348

I'm sorry,but...
roll.gif

I mean...
I understand that you dislike it (as do I),but you bustin' caps at shorties for sagging their pants?
Geeez man.

I kinda find it ironic he was shot in the but. Its still wrong to shoot at the kids tho. He could have killed or paralyzed them easily over some pants. Just make your argument to the kids as to why they shouldn't sang and leave it alone

- Mixed emotions

- Don't talk about it, be about it....and he WAS indeed about that life.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

I kinda find it ironic he was shot in the but. Its still wrong to shoot at the kids tho. He could have killed or paralyzed them easily over some pants. Just make your argument to the kids as to why they shouldn't sang and leave it alone

femoral artery would have been gushing too.

I'm sure a lot of old grumpy men imagine pulling the trigger but never would carry it out.
laugh.gif

why doesn't this guy have an attempted murder charge and firing a lethal weapon at innocent civilians which happen to be children.

why doesn't this guy have an attempted murder charge and firing a lethal weapon at innocent civilians which happen to be children.

THIS IS WHAT BLACK PANTHERS USE TO DO

THEY WOULD TRY THEY HARDEST TO MAKE THE COMMUNITY A BETTER PLACE

THEY WOULD G-CHECK SAGGY PANTS WHOOPINGS TO EVEN KILLINGS

LEARNED FROM MY TEACHER WHO DEALT WITH THAT

Originally Posted by did0

Funny thing is he'll go to jail where everyones pants are saggin 
laugh.gif

They think it some kind of gangsta style, that's sexy to us. Keep that up and someone will be all up in yo butt.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by did0

Funny thing is he'll go to jail where everyones pants are saggin 
laugh.gif

They think it some kind of gangsta style, that's sexy to us. Keep that up and someone will be all up in yo butt.
roll.gif

confused.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

It's not attempted murder if you aim below the waist. Your odds of killing someone below the waist are rare. Given, it happens...but it's not murder.

Back
Top Bottom