PARANORMAL ACTIVITY VOL. SCARIEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Movie was OKAY, I'm kinda a horror film junkie now, and I was laughing more then spooked. I enjoyed it, not regretting the $10.75 I spent though. I reallywant to watch The Fourth Kind now, that looks creepy.

I'm really looking for a good horror movie that can freak me out.
nerd.gif

IMO 6th sense>paranormal activity

if theres alt. endings it gotta be fake and i have no recollections of them stating "based on a true story or true events"

imo it was scary, but the nightmares and not being able to go to the bathroom is blown WAY out of proportions. They shoulda lied and said it was based on trueevents.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

Just purchased tickets online to watch tonight at the AMC in Clifton. Will give my review later on.

I went to this one...CRAZY packed, couldn't even move while i was in there...tickets was sold out so I went to garden state

If you're going to make a movie and boast that it's the scariest film of all time...It better be damn near the scariest movie of all time. I'mtalking Linda Blair crawling down a flight of stairs/Jack Nicholson chasing his family around a hotel type of scary. fdk if i just didnt fall into the hypetrain or what, but the movie did nothing for me. It may have also been the fact that i've never seen a scary movie with a large crowd like that, soeveryone constantly making funny comments took me out of my zone.

People in horror movies have no foresight.

Spoiler [+]
things i didnt like:
1. The low rumble/music that would play right before something happened...why? it basically is setting you up to see that something is about to go down. They should have left that out completely to make it more authentic (since that was the point of the movie after all.
2. The dude Micah constantly making his girlfriend mad when the psychic clearly told them that the demon feeds of negative energy
3. How much "evidence" do you really need to collect before you realize that this thing is getting more powerful?
4. They pretty much ruined the ending by showing it in the trailers. It doesnt take a genius to remember scenes that he/she saw. I sure did.
All in all, i just see this as another Blair Witch type movie. same concept...same scare tactics...different people. Of course i'm the minority..you may find it much more scary than I

This movie was really well made, except for some parts, but overall it was worth it. It definitely belongs in the top scary movies category in my opinion andI've seen a lot of scary moives and this one is in my top ten!!

I WAS HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS MOVIE! I WAS HOPING IT'LL BE SCARY BASED OFF ALL THE HYPE! EPIC FAIL IMO!

The psychic's visit had me
laugh.gif
If i was micah i woulda been out a while ago but props to him for stickin around for his girl. Dude just made it worse thotellin the demon to speak english.
laugh.gif
Katie and that scene in the last 10 min really got me shook. At the end they said the whereabouts of katie is stillunkown but RIGHT after it said the characters who fitictious....? Overall i say the movie was pretty good.

i would've been out after the ouija board footage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

if your in L.A. Del Amo 18 has it and The Bridge De Lux

Movie and everything I heard about it so far sounds dumb as hell.

If you've watched Unsolved Mysteries or these ghost shows in recent years then there's really nothing you haven't seen already.

But then again. I am an overnight security guard....I'm used to weird little noises, shadows and crap like that.

Its always the wind or something stupid too.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

Movie was OKAY, I'm kinda a horror film junkie now, and I was laughing more then spooked. I enjoyed it, not regretting the $10.75 I spent though. I really want to watch The Fourth Kind now, that looks creepy.

I'm really looking for a good horror movie that can freak me out.
nerd.gif
I woulda been pissed.

This place is too dark for me here..I must leave before things get worse.- Psychic

That was illegal in Kentucky & 12 other states- Mikah

Were the funniest parts in the movie...

The last 10min I WAS SCARED SHIRTlESS

one of my favorite movies...
IF some parts didn't lull me to sleep...
but they did a lot of things right...
Katie and Micah were good actors
suspense was built up, not just jump out the screen type stuff
gotta say that some parts were straight up
alien.gif
and I had chills duringthose parts
no nightmares though

Originally Posted by moe200069

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Best part of the movie was when the psychic just bounced on em. "Whoa whoa whoa...too dark here. Peace out fam!"
roll.gif

laugh.gif

it wasn't the movie that really scared me, but more so the belief that this was based on true events. however, after discovering that it isn't even loosely based on anything that happened it sort of loses its appeal. definitely some chilling scenes in the movie but they come too far and few. you feel like you're constantly waiting for something scary to happen; for some reason, i didn't feel like i was on edge for the entire movie. the movie would create a small sense of fear and then it would end shortly thereafter. im by no means a movie critic and generally like any movie i see, and i'd still recommend this film.

however, an even better movie is Rec (the OG version of Quarantine)

I dont think it was real either. Do you have any sources that would point to that conclusion? (my girlfriend is terrified right now)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by purepwrta

Originally Posted by moe200069

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Best part of the movie was when the psychic just bounced on em. "Whoa whoa whoa...too dark here. Peace out fam!"
roll.gif

laugh.gif

it wasn't the movie that really scared me, but more so the belief that this was based on true events. however, after discovering that it isn't even loosely based on anything that happened it sort of loses its appeal. definitely some chilling scenes in the movie but they come too far and few. you feel like you're constantly waiting for something scary to happen; for some reason, i didn't feel like i was on edge for the entire movie. the movie would create a small sense of fear and then it would end shortly thereafter. im by no means a movie critic and generally like any movie i see, and i'd still recommend this film.

however, an even better movie is Rec (the OG version of Quarantine)

I dont think it was real either. Do you have any sources that would point to that conclusion? (my girlfriend is terrified right now)
laugh.gif

It has a director, the people in it are actors, they didn't really die... need I go on?

that movie was madd funny
dude was a comedian lol
only scary part was the ending
i got home like an hour ago

had to walk the ol girl home

i was mad scared when i was walking home lmao

and now im scured to go to sleep
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom