Paranormal Thread: Ghosts, UFOs, Cryptozoology, Unsolved Mysteries, Strange Phenomena, Folklore

Everything out there must've been done by aliens.

I remember there was one about norse mythology and they try to convince you that it was aliens.

1. So first of all, how do you define "Alien.?" (Your definition)

2. When it comes to the pyramids, how do YOU think they were made?

You think we ever find out who DB Cooper was?

I think he died when he jumped out of the plane
4BA728FC-EEBE-4CE7-9316-164B1037C189.jpeg

Since moving into my in-laws last February, I've always felt that there was a presence around. They have an altar for their idols and I am firm believer that those have always attracted ghosts/demons/etc.

The other night, I was up late playing the PS5 and from the corner of my eye, saw a dark figure run down the hallway towards the alter where the idols are. I went to bed after that.

This wasn't the first time seeing a 'shadowy figure' run passed me or near me. At my parents' previous house, my family would always see a figure run up the stairs from the front door. My dog always faced that part of the house too.

It's interesting. I can't tell my wife because she's scared of this stuff. But I've already talked to my daughter to let me or her mom know if she's a ghost in the house. She understands because she told us of her experiencing a 'scary' following us from the car to our apartment door two years ago.

Also: If you're into Bigfoot lore, Max Brooks' Devolution is a good, entertaining read about Bigfoot.

Since moving into my in-laws last February, I've always felt that there was a presence around. They have an altar for their idols and I am firm believer that those have always attracted ghosts/demons/etc.

The other night, I was up late playing the PS5 and from the corner of my eye, saw a dark figure run down the hallway towards the alter where the idols are. I went to bed after that.

This wasn't the first time seeing a 'shadowy figure' run passed me or near me. At my parents' previous house, my family would always see a figure run up the stairs from the front door. My dog always faced that part of the house too.

It's interesting. I can't tell my wife because she's scared of this stuff. But I've already talked to my daughter to let me or her mom know if she's a ghost in the house. She understands because she told us of her experiencing a 'scary' following us from the car to our apartment door two years ago.

Also: If you're into Bigfoot lore, Max Brooks' Devolution is a good, entertaining read about Bigfoot.

Children are usually more open to this type of material because they haven't gone through the full social/religious conditioning that teens/adults experience.

Keep talking to your daughter about it.

Children are usually more open to this type of material because they haven't gone through the full social/religious conditioning that teens/adults experience.

Keep talking to your daughter about it.
Yes, they are. My brother and I grew up experiencing a lot. So hearing my daughter tell us of that experience was sort of not shocking? We just tend to not entertain whatever it is we see or experience.

But since moving to the house, she's only complained of not wanting to live there. Nothing supernatural, yet.

Is your wife religious or is she JUST scared of the unseen?
She's just scared of it all. Parents do believe in spirits visiting and all that, but she's just scared of it. I feel like the difference between our relationship to the paranormal, is that my mom growing up used to frequent with the Quija board. So my brother and I felt that was the opening that led the paranormal to appear to us when we were kids.

my mom growing up used to frequent with the Quija board. So my brother and I felt that was the opening that led the paranormal to appear to us when we were kids.
This right here is most likely the cause. I suspect she didn’t properly end a communication with a spirit and it’s why that thing has been around since. Think of it as a door that remains open or a telephone call your mom hasn’t hung up.

I think you and your family are fine but I would leave once this starts becoming physically harmful i.e. scratches, bruises or even shoves.

This right here is most likely the cause. I suspect she didn’t properly end a communication with a spirit and it’s why that thing has been around since. Think of it as a door that remains open or a telephone call your mom hasn’t hung up.

I think you and your family are fine but I would leave once this starts becoming physically harmful i.e. scratches, bruises or even shoves.
Definitely. My mom supposedly 'closed' the door a little after she gave birth to me, but for some reason that didn't end things. Between my brother and me, he experienced the most during our childhood. To this day he prefers not to talk about it.

they are young and new to the world so they just have some tapering connection with the spiritual world/other side. They are the ones with imaginary friends after all.

I don't have kids but I always feel I'm learning when I meet with my best friend and her children. after the festivities of her second baby shower and we were cleaning up, her firstborn wanted me to play toys a bit, he was prolly 2 at the time, but talked about another friend wanting me to play with him as well and pointed to the corner of the mantle. And I know he's smart so I know asked if it was the reflection of us from the nearby glass covering and he said no.

it wasn't even their house it was a rented out country club either of us have been to. forever fascinating none the less.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Ever heard of Dark waters?

Just joined his YT channel.

Mostly talks about bigfoot and dogman out in Louisiana.

Don't really hear many african americans who host shows on the paranormal.

During Christmas, I brought up the topic of the paranormal experiences that my brother and I experienced and he actually opened up. He shared an experience where he woke up in the middle of the night and this evil looking old lady was attempting to pull off his sheets at the foot of his bed. He said he even felt the her hands swiping at his feet.

That got me shook because I remember when we switched rooms (because of a lost bet) I experienced something/someone pinning me down with my blanket and doing a growl/snarl sound right at my face. Couldn't see anything, but felt the weight of whatever it was pinning me down.

During Christmas, I brought up the topic of the paranormal experiences that my brother and I experienced and he actually opened up. He shared an experience where he woke up in the middle of the night and this evil looking old lady was attempting to pull off his sheets at the foot of his bed. He said he even felt the her hands swiping at his feet.

That got me shook because I remember when we switched rooms (because of a lost bet) I experienced something/someone pinning me down with my blanket and doing a growl/snarl sound right at my face. Couldn't see anything, but felt the weight of whatever it was pinning me down.

Oh wow man, I didn’t think you’re brother would ever talk about that subject again. That old lady experience seems to be somewhat common when talking about a haunting, very similar to the “hat man”. Did your bro mention if the old lady was very angry and yelling profanities? I’ve heard/read where their sightings usually scare people awake because of the loud screaming, the odd part is only they can hear it. The few cases where there was a loved one sleeping beside them doesn’t even wake up.

I had a similar experience but didn’t open my eyes to see what was pinning me down, lol. What I did do was hold that being by it’s wrists tightly, it got angry because I wouldn't let go so it hissed at my face and could feel the wind and spittle of its breath. Scary ****.

Last edited:
Oh wow man, I didn’t think you’re brother would ever talk about that subject again. That old lady experience seems to be somewhat common when talking about a haunting, very similar to the “hat man”. Did your bro mention if the old lady was very angry and yelling profanities? I’ve heard/read where their sightings usually scare people awake because of the loud screaming, the odd part is only they can hear it. The few cases where there was a loved one sleeping beside them doesn’t even wake up.

I had a similar experience but didn’t open my eyes to see what was pinning me down, lol. What I did do was hold that being by it’s writs tightly, it got angry because I wouldn't let go so it hissed at my face and could feel the wind and spittle of its breath. Scary ****.
He just said she looked mad and was trying to reach for him. He said he only woke up because he kept having to pull up the blanket.

He just said she looked mad and was trying to reach for him. He said he only woke up because he kept having to pull up the blanket.
Wow, it was trying to get his attention. It’s amazing how your fam didn’t have a discussion over this, I’m assuming thing occurred kinda often?

Wow, it was trying to get his attention. It’s amazing how your fam didn’t have a discussion over this, I’m assuming thing occurred kinda often?
Only when we were kids, we experienced a lot. My brother and I did tell our parents of our experiences and they made my brother share a room with me for a couple of years and just made his room as a guest room.

Seemed to "stop" as we got older.

Back
Top Bottom