Parking Spots: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Care To Look For Ones Close To My Location?

what gets me is when i find parking, then when inside a parking spot closer is open after i drove by it!

addendum.
...anyone else park with their headlights facing out?

I probably do this 90-95% of the time.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

addendum.

Enlighten me on this.
I always wondered if its worth the extra work.

addendum.

I do this sometimes, that so I won't have to reverse when I leave

it's more gas efficient also to just park in the first spot you see then to drive around the whole parking lot

Originally Posted by Diego

addendum.

Enlighten me on this.
for me....it started b/c I had my headlights(Xenon) stolen off my Max when I parked normally...so it's partially an anti-theft thing...but Iprefer it now since I'm able to just go instead of backing up.
It's easier for someone to see you coming out (esp at night)...and for you to see someone coming down the lane.

besides...it's not that much extra effort...it's easier and faster to backup into a spot than backing out of a spot.

addendum.

Enlighten me on this.
for me....it started b/c I had my headlights(Xenon) stolen off my Max when I parked normally...so it's partially an anti-theft thing...but I prefer it now since I'm able to just go instead of backing up.
It's easier for someone to see you coming out (esp at night)...and for you to see someone coming down the lane.

besides...it's not that much extra effort...it's easier and faster to backup into a spot than backing out of a spot.

I say extra effort because when you back out of a spot you usually back out into the open space where you could turn left or right as much as youd like(assuming no cars are coming). On the other hand when you have to back in to a spot in a fairly crowded parking lot, there will already be cars cars on eachside of the spot you are backing into, thus making it slightly more difficult. Get me?

i pretty much just pull into the lot and park...bugs me when ppl do laps
smh.gif

addendum.

Enlighten me on this.
for me....it started b/c I had my headlights(Xenon) stolen off my Max when I parked normally...so it's partially an anti-theft thing...but I prefer it now since I'm able to just go instead of backing up.

I disagree with that completely.

It might be easier/faster to YOU, but to almost everyone else in the world its MUCH more difficult.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

yeah i don't mind walking. i'm young, why not use my legs and get some exercise while i can?

the only exception is if it's raining or freezing cold.
Basically, but I'm not patient when it comes to small stuff like that so I usually end up going to the first parking spot I find that isremotely close.

I say extra effort because when you back out of a spot you usually back out into the open space where you could turn left or right as much as youd like (assuming no cars are coming). Usually when you have to back in to a spot in a fairly crowded parking lot, there will already be cars cars on each side of the spot you are backing into. Get me?

Anyways, I wouldnt mind doing it if I knew for a fact there was some type of advantage to it.
I don't do it crowded parking lots(rather when there is a car behind me also looking for a spot) since I don't want to lose the spot, b/cyou obviously have to go past the spot in order to back up into it.
as for backing into a spot with cars on either side of me... it's no biggie. My girl makes fun of me b/c I can park better when I parkbackwards(headlights out) than normal forward parking.

Originally Posted by Durden7

It might be easier/faster to YOU, but to almost everyone else in the world its MUCH more difficult.
What I meant was, is that when you pull out of a spot.. you have to 1. look out for pedestrians and 2. look out for other cars.
When you pull out of the space forward... it's a lot easier to scan the field for those two.. as opposed to reversing out and having to look over yourshoulder.

and as mentioned above...as far as driving mechanics...I think it's easier backing up into the spot...but I know I'm in the minority on that...butafter a while.. you get really skilled at it.
remember...I've been driving for over 16 yrs now...probably longer than the age of some NTers

addendum.

Enlighten me on this.

where i work the people drive like pure trash, i dont know how a whole community of people can drive like garbage so i have to actually back intospots in this parking lot i go to because morons dont know how to look out for other drivers and drive about 40 in a parking lot

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ya, but some people are OD w/ it and park a country mile from the entrance. Like, there aren't even any cars around.

laugh.gif
Sounds like what I do. People always complain about that when theyride w/ me. I hate getting door dings when I park next to other cars.

it doesn't really matter to me, i rather park quickly and walk then drive around in circles though.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

roll.gif
i never knew postin about me hating driving around lookin for a parking spot in packed mall would hurt butts enough to start theirown "blog"of how u dont care where you park
laugh.gif

no one is butthurt, DC is just one to open up these kinds of discussions.

I didnt see what happened but from what i gather, your wallet was stolen? Im glad it was.

Originally Posted by Durden7

What I meant was, is that when you pull out of a spot.. you have to 1. look out for pedestrians and 2. look out for other cars.
When you pull out of the space forward... it's a lot easier to scan the field for those two.. as opposed to reversing out and having to look over your shoulder.

and as mentioned above...as far as driving mechanics...I think it's easier backing up into the spot...but I know I'm in the minority on that...but after a while.. you get really skilled at it.
remember...I've been driving for over 16 yrs now...probably longer than the age of some NTers
It basically comes down to you thinking looking over your shoulder is more difficult than leaning forward. Not saying it isnt, but theres aminute difference between those two.

It takes more time to pull in unconventionally than it does the standard way.

Unless someone does the "drive through" method, I see no advantage of pulling in backwards and when I see people do it I just shake my head indisgust.

It basically comes down to you thinking looking over your shoulder is more difficult than leaning forward. Not saying it isnt, but theres a minute difference between those two.
no, it's not just that....b/c when you're backing out of a spot... you have probably 2/3rds of your car sticking out by the time you havea full view of the lane...as opposed to pulling our forward...you have maybe 1/3 of the car sticking out.

there's no denying that.
but on the flipside...it's easier to pull out of the spot when it comes time to leave.

Unless someone does the "drive through" method, I see no advantage of pulling in backwards and when I see people do it I just shake my head in disgust.

lol...why does it bother you so?.... it has no impact on your life whatsoever

It basically comes down to you thinking looking over your shoulder is more difficult than leaning forward. Not saying it isnt, but theres a minute difference between those two.
no, it's not just that....b/c when you're backing out of a spot... you have probably 2/3rds of your car sticking out by the time you have a full view of the lane...as opposed to pulling our forward...you have maybe 1/3 of the car sticking out.

there's no denying that.
but on the flipside...it's easier to pull out of the spot when it comes time to leave.

Unless someone does the "drive through" method, I see no advantage of pulling in backwards and when I see people do it I just shake my head in disgust.

i ALWAYS back into spots cause it's easier to pull out...period.

no, it's not just that....b/c when you're backing out of a spot... you have probably 2/3rds of your car sticking out by the time you have a full view of the lane...as opposed to pulling our forward...you have maybe 1/3 of the car sticking out.

there's no denying that.

So that 1/3 of a car length matters? Its a parking lot, cars arent doing 60 through the aisles. If you back up properly, you wont hit anythingand no one will hit you.

I know it doesnt have an impact on my life. I never claimed it did.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I always park all the way in the back. My wife hates when I drive my car. I don't want scratches or door dings on my car.
same here...i drive a big truck so i always have squeeze my way out

Back
Top Bottom