Parking Spots: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Care To Look For Ones Close To My Location?

I do a better job parking by backing into a spot. I agree that it's much easier and faster when you're leaving.

I tend to park far away only because I don't mind the walk. It's usually the overweight people that tends to park real close.

So that 1/3 of a car length matters? Its a parking lot, cars arent doing 60 through the aisles. If you back up properly, you wont hit anything and no one will hit you.
come on... I was with you up until then. If you're going to argue your side at least be intellectually honest.

you don't think that extra 1/3 counts?... and as for cars not doing 60 mph...sure...but today's drivers are even more distracted than ever... drivingdown 30-35 mph down a parking lot lane and distracted while trying to text or answer a call is not far fetched at all.

if you think that the extra 1/3 of your car sticking out of the spot doesn't make a difference when it comes to then I don't know what to say.

I know it doesnt have an impact on my life. I never claimed it did.
yes, I know...but why does it "disgust you?"...obviously you're vehemently against it or else you would not have used such words. Iwas curious why

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

It basically comes down to you thinking looking over your shoulder is more difficult than leaning forward. Not saying it isnt, but theres a minute difference between those two.
no, it's not just that....b/c when you're backing out of a spot... you have probably 2/3rds of your car sticking out by the time you have a full view of the lane...as opposed to pulling our forward...you have maybe 1/3 of the car sticking out.

It takes more time to pull in unconventionally than it does the standard way.
there's no denying that.
but on the flipside...it's easier to pull out of the spot when it comes time to leave.

Unless someone does the "drive through" method, I see no advantage of pulling in backwards and when I see people do it I just shake my head in disgust.

lol...why does it bother you so?.... it has no impact on your life whatsoever
So that 1/3 of a car length matters? Its a parking lot, cars arent doing 60 through the aisles. If you back up properly, you wont hit anything and no one will hit you.

laugh.gif
tons of people speed through aisles

I take the first spot I see.

I'm not about to waste 10 minutes finding a parking spot that is marginally closer just because my fat %%+ friends don't want to walk.

I dont care if people back into their parking spot as long as they aren't doing it in a busy parking lot.

It pisses me off when people decide to reverse park when there are 2-3 cars waiting to pass by.

I bet if you timed it, it'd be faster to park normally and back out then it would be to reverse park and then drive out of the spot. Either way it does notmatter much...backing into a parking spot is just as 'risky' as backing out of one. You still have to look out for pedestrians, you have to be evenmore cautious about not hitting the cars parked next to you, and you have to trust that no one will be speeding in the aisles while you're reversingslowly.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So I just park in one of the first few spots I see. Easy. I don't see a difference in walking 123 steps vs 65 steps to the front door of the store/mall/ etc........
i agree people act like theyre goin to die if they have to walk a couple extra feet
grin.gif

I feel u, I hat blitches that complain about parking. Are u too lazy to take these extra steps. Noooo
Be thankful that GOD gave u a set of legs to walk, cus everybody aint got em.

Yeah some people be trippin about parking closer. I have friends who'll circle the block 10 times instead parking 2 streets away.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
i never knew postin about me hating driving around lookin for a parking spot in packed mall would hurt butts enough to start theirown "blog"of how u dont care where you park
laugh.gif

no one is butthurt, DC is just one to open up these kinds of discussions.

I didnt see what happened but from what i gather, your wallet was stolen? Im glad it was.
laugh.gif

wrong. it wasnt stolen i just left it at home!

O thanks for the kind words!

I hope u die a miserable death prick!
wink.gif

Have a nice day!

you hope he dies?

kinda harsh.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

come on... I was with you up until then. If you're going to argue your side at least be intellectually honest.

you don't think that extra 1/3 counts?... and as for cars not doing 60 mph...sure...but today's drivers are even more distracted than ever... driving down 30-35 mph down a parking lot lane and distracted while trying to text or answer a call is not far fetched at all.

if you think that the extra 1/3 of your car sticking out of the spot doesn't make a difference when it comes to then I don't know what to say.

yes, I know...but why does it "disgust you?"...obviously you're vehemently against it or else you would not have used such words. I was curious why

What isnt intellectually honest? Cars arent doing 60 in a lot. Ive never seen a car do 35 in a lot either. In a parking lot setting, 35 is FAST.

How many cares are driving through the lot looking for parking spots, while speeding profusely AND texting? Its one thing to text on the highway, but ivenever come across people texting while trying to park.

I dont think that 1/3 matters. Thats a few feet. If you slowly back out of a spot, like its recommended, the other person will see you.

It disgusts me because the people who do it are either A: WAYY too into their car or B: Think it makes a difference in time.

Im not vehemently against it. Its his/her on parking technique, I just dont any reason to do it so it baffles me.

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
i never knew postin about me hating driving around lookin for a parking spot in packed mall would hurt butts enough to start theirown "blog"of how u dont care where you park
laugh.gif

I didnt see what happened but from what i gather, your wallet was stolen? Im glad it was.
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Have a nice day!

You're gonna regret saying that.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Have a nice day!

you hope he dies?

kinda harsh.

um yeah. i guess. but *kanye shrugs*

Originally Posted by Club29

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Have a nice day!

Dude pulled out the R Word.
laugh.gif

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Have a nice day!

u act like im sittin here meditating to wish death upon u.
laugh.gif

I could careless. u fired shots and so did i simple.

Cool? cool.

Edit: Also if ur goin off "karma" then u should be gettin some bad stuff headedur way cause all u do is bash on people here.

Club29 wrote:
LonelyBoySole wrote:
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Have a nice day!

u act like im sittin here meditating to wish death upon u.
laugh.gif

I could careless. u fired shots and so did i simple.

Cool? cool.

Edit: Also if ur goin off "karma" then u should be gettin some bad stuff headedur way cause all u do is bash on people here.

I dont 'bash' so much as 'put people in their place'

when its warranted, of course.

I don't mind the walk unless its od hot outside

laugh.gif
@ incase the building blows up. my pops always parks isolated from everyone else and will be ready to throw em if he comes out to find someone parked nextto him

Club29 wrote:

I dont 'bash' so much as 'put people in their place'

when its warranted, of course.

Well good luck with ur future "placements".

but

Ive been warned by holdenmichael

So im just gonna go back into my cave now...
laugh.gif

Not tryna have a one way trip to banned camp!

im out

Yeah, I hate going around looking for spots..and that usually wastes more time than just walking further

Back
Top Bottom