Patriots Fans Feel Cheated

[h2]Cheaters Feel Cheated: Patriots Fans Want Final 1:40 of Super Bowl XLII Investigated[/h2]
Posted Feb 9th 2008 1:10PM by Dan Benton
Filed under: NY Giants, Patriots, NFL Fans,Boston, Super Bowl, New York, FeaturedStories
patriots-fan-hat.jpg
In a humorously ironictwist, fans of the New England Patriots are demanding that the NFL investigate the final 1:40 of Super Bowl XLII because -- get this -- they feel cheated.

And no, this is not a joke.

According to the disgruntled Patriots fan who created the original petition on petitiononline.com, the game clock should not have stopped following Brandon Jacobs' fourth-and-one plunge and thus, the game should have ended on the sack of Eli Manning with 50 seconds remaining.

This fan, and the other 7,815 (and counting) who have apparently signed this ridiculouspetition, were obviously too busy crying in their beer to realize that it was an administrative time-out. The referees were determining whether or not tomeasure the spot -- something that requires a clocks-stoppage under NFL rules. Once the first down was determined without a measurement, the clock was woundand continued to run.

If anything, using the fan's logic, this petition proves that New England shouldn't have had 35 seconds left on their next possession. If anything,they should have had 29 seconds or less.

But hey, what can you expect from fans who say they love their team at 18-0 and then claim they were bored to tears during the greatest Super Bowl of all time?

Salty Patriots Fans

How ironic that they would feel they were cheated smh

But didnt they come out to measure tho? which stops the clock?

I heard that the Pats were also trying to review the Tyree catch too. Pats fans claim that the ball hit the ground on his way down.
smh.gif

I heard that the Pats were also trying to review the Tyree catch too. Pats fans claim that the ball hit the ground on his way down

source?

I cant wait for all the bandwagon giant fans to come in here and complain...

^ just hear-say. Not official. One of my buddies at work said that he heard some people trying to review it. Not official, but I could see if happening

their whole beef stems from when jacobs got the 1st down and the clocked stopped. What they fail to see is that the ref is standing over the ball preventingthe game to go on, therefore the clock should be stopped.
New England Fans the worst when they win,
and even worse when they lose.

Some people just can't move on, huh?
smh.gif

Bunch of lames...this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why can't people just accept that the Giants outplayed the Pats the whole game and were the better team on Sunday?

The one sad thing about this is some of you guys will group every Pats fan on this board with the rest of those clowns.

Dear fellow, yet idiotic, Boston sports fans:

We got outplayed.

We lost.

Seasons over.

Deal.

Back
Top Bottom