PAU GASOL

chill with that talk B. son still has 5-7 years of prime left. let's just wait it out.
glasses.gif

Appreciated.

But... but, but, but, BUUUTTTT...

... there's a reason you can spell 'Pau Gasol' with no d.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Al Horford!?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit: i am tentatively crossing that out because i think you meant Al Jefferson... i hope...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

nope...i really like the kid.
i see. didn't mean to ridicule your opinion like that, my bad.
but can you please explain? in your opinion how is Horford, in his 2nd year as a pro, better than Amare Stoudemire?

Its funny how people will try to list this guy as a top 5 power forward, but he was complete crap in Memphis.
laugh.gif
He's no better than what he was in Memphis, but he is a great passing bigman which can be appreciated. I just hate to see him go against other PF's because they usually bully him around.

In no particular order: KG, Dirk, Bosh, Duncan, Boozer (when he's healthy I would much rather have him), Stoudemire, Jefferson (if you would to make him aPF), Jamison, Brand (when healthy). He's top 10, but definitely not top 5. If he was a top 5 PF in this league, Memphis wouldn't have never let him gothat easy.

YOu know nothing about basketballif you think Al Horford is better than Amare. Horford is currently the 4th best player on his squad.

Its funny how people will try to list this guy as a top 5 power forward, but he was complete crap in Memphis.
laugh.gif
He's no better than what he was in Memphis, but he is a great passing big man which can be appreciated. I just hate to see him go against other PF's because they usually bully him around.

No i just think memphis is complete crap... I'd say pau is # 4 or 5 PF in the L this year
Definitely 2nd or 3rd team worthy

with all the complaining about Pau us Laker fans do in the Laker threads.. you'd think he'd be like 30th best PF in the league
laugh.gif

Al Horford!?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit: i am tentatively crossing that out because i think you meant Al Jefferson... i hope...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

nope...i really like the kid.
i see. didn't mean to ridicule your opinion like that, my bad.
but can you please explain? in your opinion how is Horford, in his 2nd year as a pro, better than Amare Stoudemire?
I pick him based of off potential. I like the energy he brings to the court, the non stop hustle, and the defense, and hes the ultimate team guyalso. Amare only tries when things are going his way. Sure he probably is a better player but when you only play like you care half the time you're on thecourt you're a fraud in my eyes. Amare can go out and drop 50 for a week straight be he'll give up 45, and then that following week he will +@$%! aboutnot getting touches and want to be traded all the other junk he brings to the table cancels out the positives. He was
eek.gif
eek.gif
in that series against Timmy a while back. Where is that consistently? To the dude that says I know nothing about hoops, thats cool ill take that butwhile Amare is out there bein a selfish me first player who has dazzling Dunks but no D, Ill just enjoy watchin Al be a young stud.

Originally Posted by Lee Torso

He's a quiet assassin. We'd definitely be in the bottom tier of the Western Conference playoff teams without him. He's top 3 to me.

1.Timmy
2.KG
3.Pau
4.Dirk
5. Al Horford(yes id take him over Amare)

Homerism at its best.
why? i dont get this notion that anyone who has a preference for a certain player or opinion for that matter is deemed a "homer". Ifthe man posting wants Horford over Amare then so be it. If you were making a team that featured scoring guards, then yes you would definitely want Horford toplay teh D.Rodman role... its his opinion, let him be.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

laugh.gif
people actually saying Duncan then Gasol.

Dirk, Amare, KG, Bosh > Gasol.
Individually yes, sure Bosh > Gasol, but honestly in terms of what they can do for a contender, Gasol is the obvious choice. He has proventhis too (last year.) remember that C.Bosh and Gasol both have taken their teams to first round defeats in the playoffs, with Pau having a harder conference toplay in too (think 00's Lakers, Spurs, Kings....)

Even Amare, individually of course > Gasol, but in terms of a system... if you play half court, then 8/10 GMs would take Gasol > Amare... not to mentioninjurys
eyes.gif

Al Horford!?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
if you had a team right now with Kobe and another great scorer and needed bulk up front, tons of defense, and lots of rebounding in a triangle...then horford would be a great choice. In terms of individual play and even a number two guy ont eh team (say to team with Bron or Wade or Kobe) thenA.Jeff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.A.Horford. Depends what you want though.

Easily one of the under appreciated PF right now in the league .

I'd take Pau over STAT and Elton Brand.

Also at he's got a lot better post game over Dwight Howard & Greg Oden who really mostly on power moves in the post and both guys dont have very goodfoot work and dont know how to utilize they're foot work in the post .

paugasol.jpg

laugh.gif
I still think he's charmin soft. AND No.
he's not top2 or top3.
Maybe top 5 pf in the game.. td,kg,dirk,amare,bosh, pau

Kobe got help.

Back
Top Bottom