PAU GASOL

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

agrees.

after hearing this dude, i don't think pau is top 5.

top 5 means = franchise player.

pau failed as franchise player in memphis.

i mean dude gets wide open 50% of the time due to triangle offense. i'm sure i can do that as well. lol
You serious with that?? Look at the supporting cast he had.

You could say the same about Garnett. It wasn't until Garnett was put on a team with 2 other all-stars that he has success, so your argument is laughable.

We're talking about player production right? TD Numbers, KG's numbers, and Dirk's are always up there, so how does Pau failing as a franchiseplayer, have anything to do with production.
laugh.gif

For ANYBODY who puts Pau in front of Dirk just see the first round of the 2006 playoffs.

And don't give me that "he got better crap dude" just keeps getting dimed by Kobe and Lamar now.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Even offensively, I'm having trouble putting _irk behind Pau.

I guess it comes down to the fact that Pau's passing game is superior to _irk's while _irk's range is superior to Pau's.

I agree kinda.

When Dirks jumper is on he is pretty much unstoppable and the from 04-05 he was pretty much the most efficient and deadly offensives force int he game and IMOestablished him as one of the greatest offencive big men in the history of the game.

Pau was never that. For the Laker offence you probably would rather have Pau but Dirk is a dominate franchise player in any system.

the way i look at is, that if you took kobe away from gasol he would be doing the same thing as he did in memphis..If you took a superstar away from Dirk hewill still be doing his thing, but Dirk has never had a superstar to play with...%%@@ nash.

I guess all of the delusional Lakers fans forget that Pau turns into the Tin Man in the playoffs
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Since when do you get credit for trying to play defense even if you still suck at it?

Pau Gasol ain't better than Dirk, no way no how...

Pau Gasol is in the perfect offense for his skillset and he's benefitted from it... But let's not act like before this trade went down a year ago anyone of you would have rather had him than Garnett, Dirk, Bosh or Amare... He ain't in the Top 5...

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

He's a quiet assassin. We'd definitely be in the bottom tier of the Western Conference playoff teams without him. He's top 3 to me.

1.Timmy
2.KG
3.Pau
4.Dirk
5. Al Horford(yes id take him over Amare)
IMO, Amare is better then everyone on this list. If he could step his defense up he might be in the top 5 players in the NBA.

Originally Posted by IndieSpice

He's a quiet assassin. We'd definitely be in the bottom tier of the Western Conference playoff teams without him. He's top 3 to me.

1.Timmy
2.KG
3.Pau
4.Dirk
IMO, Amare is better then everyone on this list. If he could step his defense up he might be in the top 5 players in the NBA.

Amare with better defense is still not better than TD or KG.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

agrees.

i mean dude gets wide open 50% of the time due to triangle offense. i'm sure i can do that as well. lol

You could say the same about Garnett. It wasn't until Garnett was put on a team with 2 other all-stars that he has success, so your argument is laughable.

We're talking about player production right? TD Numbers, KG's numbers, and Dirk's are always up there, so how does Pau failing as a franchise player, have anything to do with production.
laugh.gif

You can't tell me that Memphis didn't have a solid group of players around Gasol during the time they were making it to the playoffs. What Memphisdidn't have was a go-to-player down the stretch which is why I know Gasol isn't that player offensively. Garnett had success in Minnesota even if hedidn't win a championship. He could just about carry a team on his back and still get them to the playoffs and even made it to the West Finals with Spreeand Cassell on his side. Pau had Jason Williams, Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi, Posey, Miller, Battier, Warrick, Lorenzen Wright, etc. during a time where all ofthem were very effective. Why you think Hubie Brown implemented the 10-man rotation when the Grizz had a 50 win season? Memphis was one of the most deepestteams in the league which is how they got to 50 wins and 3 playoff appearances. But, look what happened when they made it to the playoffs. Pau couldn'tperform just like he did in every other game during the season when he played against Rasheed, Randolph, Duncan, Dampier or any big man that had skill and werebigger than him. How many of you actually seen Pau play more than a few times before he was traded to the Lakers? I'm willing to bet a very smallpercentage have, so unless he's tremendously improved his game he still isn't a top 5 PF to me. He's just in the perfect offense playing alongsidethe best player in the league with the best coach in the NBA which is probably improving his play.

Gasol was doing the same thing in Memphis that he's doing in LAL. He becomes an all-star as soon as he gets a full season with the Lakers.
eyes.gif
Gasol can produce, but his stats are inflated due to the fact that he's notthe focus of the offense and the majority of his points come from being open most of the time and less back to the basket action.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

agrees.

We're talking about player production right? TD Numbers, KG's numbers, and Dirk's are always up there, so how does Pau failing as a franchise player, have anything to do with production.
laugh.gif

You can't tell me that Memphis didn't have a solid group of players around Gasol during the time they were making it to the playoffs. What Memphis didn't have was a go-to-player down the stretch which is why I know Gasol isn't that player offensively. Garnett had success in Minnesota even if he didn't win a championship. He could just about carry a team on his back and still get them to the playoffs and even made it to the West Finals with Spree and Cassell on his side. Pau had Jason Williams, Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi, Posey, Miller, Battier, Warrick, Lorenzen Wright, etc. during a time where all of them were very effective. Why you think Hubie Brown implemented the 10-man rotation when the Grizz had a 50 win season? Memphis was one of the most deepest teams in the league which is how they got to 50 wins and 3 playoff appearances. But, look what happened when they made it to the playoffs. Pau couldn't perform just like he did in every other game during the season when he played against Rasheed, Randolph, Duncan, Dampier or any big man that had skill and were bigger than him. How many of you actually seen Pau play more than a few times before he was traded to the Lakers? I'm willing to bet a very small percentage have, so unless he's tremendously improved his game he still isn't a top 5 PF to me. He's just in the perfect offense playing alongside the best player in the league with the best coach in the NBA which is probably improving his play.

Gasol was doing the same thing in Memphis that he's doing in LAL. He becomes an all-star as soon as he gets a full season with the Lakers.
eyes.gif
Gasol can produce, but his stats are inflated due to the fact that he's not the focus of the offense and the majority of his points come from being open most of the time and less back to the basket action.
You are right on so many levels.. This guy knows exactly what he's talking about..
Top 5..
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Bosh
Big Al

And the guy that said he would pick Horford over Amare.. I'm 100% with you.. Horford is going to be an all-star caliber big.. I can just see it in him..The only reason I wouldn't put Horford Over Amare is his career and scoring..

Originally Posted by Goldmember

1.Timmy
2.KG
3.Pau
4.Dirk

Dudes are getting looney now. I got a legit question. Did anybody not see the way Amare abused Tim Duncan in the playoffs pre and post Microfracture? I thinkAmare is a clear number 1 on offense . He has the best jumper, is the most athletic, and is a flat out scorer. He can fit in any teams offensive scheme. On Dhe is is still decent, its just that he can be so much better. As far as abilities, and statistical output Amare has been the top PF for 4 years (including premicrofracture year) Hes a head case though. He plays in a system that is tailor made for him, and im not talking about the %$%@*! American tailors im talkingabout the best tailor form Italy. And he refuses to suck it up and play and not +@#!!. Who knows though.. Those reports could be PHX trying to affect hiscontract value.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Goldmember

1.Timmy
2.KG
3.Pau
4.Dirk

Dudes are getting looney now. I got a legit question. Did anybody not see the way Amare abused Tim Duncan in the playoffs pre and post Microfracture? I think Amare is a clear number 1 on offense . He has the best jumper, is the most athletic, and is a flat out scorer. He can fit in any teams offensive scheme. On D he is is still decent, its just that he can be so much better. As far as abilities, and statistical output Amare has been the top PF for 4 years (including pre microfracture year) Hes a head case though. He plays in a system that is tailor made for him, and im not talking about the %$%@*! American tailors im talking about the best tailor form Italy. And he refuses to suck it up and play and not +@#!!. Who knows though.. Those reports could be PHX trying to affect his contract value.
roll.gif
Wait what? Are we talking about the same Amare? Hedoesn't have the best jumper...actually its not even close. KG, Pau and Dirk CLEARLY are better shooters than Amare. Bosh too. True he is the most athleticand thats where it stops. His skillset offensively is not touching Pau, Dirk, KG, Timmy, Bosh, heck even Al Jeff. He's just quicker and can jump out of agym. He pretty much has no post move other than run around the defender. Thats not to say he isn't a beast but if we are talking about skillsets heshouldn't be in this conversation at all, That being said

TD
KG
Pau
Dirk(they are interchangable)
Bosh

Even if we are talking about just offensively, Pau Gasol isn't seeing top 5.

I mean he couldn't avg more than 21 as 1st option.

That means, TD, KG, Dirk, Amare, Bosh, AL Jeff, ZACH, Sheed are better offensively.

These guys just have more offensive tools more 10ft wide open jumper.

all these guys can avg more than 21 as 1st option.

Pau is nice he may have the best hands as a PF
His skill set fits the triangle offense
Pau being the 5th best PF is arguable
grin.gif

dude aint top 5. TD KG Sheed Bosh Amare Dirk Pau I've never got to see al jefferson play either.

Gasol is a great player when he really wants to be. As is, he's still superior to Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudamire

Back
Top Bottom