Paula Dean up to her old tricks again...

"Brownface"?

It's BLACKFACE. No matter how much they sugar coat it, it's racist. They should've thrown her animal *** in jail when they had the chance

It looks like they're going for I love Lucy, in which case I'd imagine he's trying to look the part of Ricky. He identifies as Latin American.

Last edited:
It looks like they're going for I love Lucy, in which case I'd imagine he's trying to look the part of Ricky. He identifies as Latin American.

However..The original show was in black and white, how would people know that Ricky was darkskin? He look white to me on TV. Paula knew what she was doing. She isn't slick.

169084_187053547991870_186457858051439_487734_6451412_n.jpg

Son look white to me

I was only trying to share my thoughts on why the OP went with the phrase brown face rather than black face as you suggested my dude.

Desi looks about that skin tone in all the colorized photos I've seen of him and Lucy.

However..The original show was in black and white, how would people know that Ricky was darkskin? He look white to me on TV. Paula knew what she was doing. She isn't slick.
How does that make it blackface?

"Brownface"?

It's BLACKFACE. No matter how much they sugar coat it, it's racist. They should've thrown her animal *** in jail when they had the chance
wait..so "brownface" isnt racist but "blackface" is racist?

How does that make it blackface?

The darkening of skin is Blackface. It's a white man putting on makeup to make himself look like someone of a darker ethnicity. It's Blackface and it's racist and he needs to be put in a cell

I'm saying "Brownface" is Blackface. The media is Calling it "brownface" because it sounds less harsh. But it's racist both ways. Kinda like how you see the media using the word "thug" so loosely. We all know what they mean by "thug" :smh:

I was only trying to share my thoughts on why the OP went with the phrase brown face rather than black face as you suggested my dude.

I didn't say anything about anything, just posted the article. Brown face, blackface, whatever you want to call it, it's racist as ****. At what point does a photographer, agent, PR person, exec, or whoever step in and say "Guys, this is some racist ****." Like we really need to keep educating people on what's offensive? Paula Dean of all people? Shouldn't somebody have taped her eyelids open and made her watch Roots, Rosewood, and Mississipi Burning for like 3 days straight by now? They just had this ***** on The Chew the other day like it's all good now. This country proves it's racist DNA every day and people still try to argue, rationalize, and deny it. I think it's the constant denial and the constant pass they get that's more infuriating than the stupid jokes and offensive symbols and words.

Nah I know :lol:

I was just saying that the media itself will use certain words to sugar coat certain situations

They were def going for the I love Lucy theme, and decided to throw in a dash or 2 of racism to spice it up

I'm saying "Brownface" is Blackface. The media is Calling it "brownface" because it sounds less harsh. But it's racist both ways. Kinda like how you see the media using the word "thug" so loosely. We all know what they mean by "thug"
mean.gif
No.

Brownface is putting on makeup to imitate a latino. It's just as racist as blackface. 

No.

Brownface is putting on makeup to imitate a latino. It's just as racist as blackface. 

Majority of Latinos are Black of African descent though. Especially the ones with darker skin. The Latinos with Caucasian skin are Caucasian colored, so there wouldn't even be a need for __face

I really don't see the harm behind brown or blackface without the intent to mock being behind it.

Like that vine with the kid who looked like he just took a bath in oil and pretended to be Shaq saying "I play da basketball" while sounding like dude from the longest yard remake. THAT was racist. Homie talmbout "It's a joke." Nah get your racist *** outta here.

Julianne hough dressing like crazy eyes for halloween. Not racist.

Robert Downey Jr. doing blackface for Tropic Thunder. Not racist.

Michelle Beadle getting a face mask. Not racist.

This? Ehhhhhh. I'll say one thing it wasn't necessary. Although with old boy in the back looking like Archie Bunker maybe they thought no one would get it if Desi ain't have some color to him. Either way it's stupid. Paula shoulda known better. Someone that took part in the making of that photo shoulda known better. Refuse to believe not one person there didn't think it was a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom