Paypal's US - CDN funds exchange rate *FTMFL*

smh.gif

I've been sellin online for around 7 years now and it's probably 1 thing I hate about...the damn exchange rip-off rate by paypal to CDN funds.

I just sold something on Ebay and I calculated the supposed amount I should get on the sale and I'm $10 short right now from what I originally estimated. Iknew I was going to lose some $, but didn't think it'd be around $10.

Question though:

When you guys pay for your stuff, do you guys use the Paypal's exchange rate on the CC or let your CC company do the exchange rate (there's an optionfor it)? I always use my CC company's rate but I haven't really checked on the difference.

They havnt updated since the 2003 exchnage rate.

Paypal exchange ripoff > Ticketmaster's tickets now ripoff

It doesn't matter where you go, the overall currency exchange rate is an illusion.

No bank, financial institute or whatever you can think of will give you the precise deal you're hoping to get.

I did an in-depth report on this when our dollar was worth $1.20. At the end, Canadians always get ripped off because no one wants our dollar.

Honestly I never even realised it until yesterday but i got a fitted for $20 US and after i paid for it came out to $30 CDN
mad.gif

get a US Mastercard.. i have a BMO one... so you don't have to deal with the PP or the CC rate... and you can pay for it at the branch whenever you gotsome free time in that month (which hopefully the rate will be closer..)

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

It doesn't matter where you go, the overall currency exchange rate is an illusion.

No bank, financial institute or whatever you can think of will give you the precise deal you're hoping to get.

I did an in-depth report on this when our dollar was worth $1.20. At the end, Canadians always get ripped off because no one wants our dollar.
Yeah I understand this. I've dealt with people around the world and it's a thing you always have to look into when you're pricing yourstuff online.

but damn, PP's is just terrible man. I wanna give some incentives to people who would use MOs but Ebay doesn't allow it anymore.

oh well.

get a US Mastercard.. i have a BMO one... so you don't have to deal with the PP or the CC rate... and you can pay for it at the branch whenever you got some free time in that month (which hopefully the rate will be closer..)

US MC? would my PC financial MC be any different?

Explain.

Originally Posted by Freshsince1982

PAYPAL= owned by EGAY. So you know there going to rip yo off. SMH@EGAY
alien.gif

from what i understand only BMO has the US Mastercard... your PC financial Mastercard is not the same. It's a specific Mastercard for just U.S. funds. Minesays U.S. Dollar on it on the side. check your financial institute to see if they offer it..

I actually work at BMO, thats why i know and have one..

Originally Posted by Freshsince1982

it updates constantly, paypal just charges a lot for exchange because they know they can. best thing to do is create an american bank account that you cantransfer with online, then you get the bank's exchange rate. i live right near the border so it isn't hard for me.

Back
Top Bottom